Rebel Moon (2023)

Goatface

2.57 star(s) Rating: 2.57/5 7 Votes
Title: Rebel Moon (2023)

Tagline: War comes to every world.

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Sofia Boutella, Ray Fisher, Charlie Hunnam, Bae Doona, Djimon Hounsou, Jena Malone, E. Duffy, Staz Nair, Sky Yang, Charlotte Maggi, Michiel Huisman, Cleopatra Coleman, Anthony Hopkins, Ed Skrein, Fra Fee, Cary Elwes, Corey Stoll, Stuart Martin, Alfonso Herrera, Samantha Win, Rhian Rees, Josefine Lindegaard, Dominic Burgess, Ingvar E. Sigurðsson, Stella Grace Fitzgerald, Meredith VanCuyk, Dustin Ceithamer, Christine Kellogg-Darrin, Kayden Alexander Koshelev, Rayner Bidder, Trisha Simmons, Daisy Davis, Ray Porter

Release: 2023-12-22

Plot: When a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius, they dispatch Kora, a young woman with a mysterious past, to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them take a stand.

spronk

FPS noob

official trailer just dropped at gamescom, looks cool and reminds me a bit of Riddick

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Heavy Chronicles of Riddick and Warhammer vibes, looks cool

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will watch this. it looks good. How it actually is remains to be seen but I like the actors in it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This feels like a mashup of everything. It will either be amazing or shit.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I recall reading somewhere awhile back that Snyder wrote this as a Star Wars movie but they didn't want it so he took it in a bit of a different direction.

Edit : they talk about it in this article

Juvarisx

Florida
So this will be PG-13 on release then a time later will be releasing a 1 hour longer R rated cut for both parts. In total a 6 hour film. Yeesh

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Girl power!!!! Can't wait, its been 10 minutes since the last movie where a girl wages war against and single handedly defeats every man in the galaxy.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Mandriana

I will only watch this if the 7 hour Snyder version is completely reshot down to two hours by Joss Whedon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This looks like a movie I would actually want to be 3+ hours.

EDIT: Oh it's 2 movies 5 months apart.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Girl power!!!! Can't wait, its been 10 minutes since the last movie where a girl wages war against and single handedly defeats every man in the galaxy.
The plot is actually supposed to be that she recruits a whole bunch of other warriors from all the other worlds that have been shit on by the empire or whatever.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The entire first movie is just Anthony Hopkins reading the opening scroll, which is a list of characters, planets, and genres from the credits.

• 1Worf

Goatface

1692825639142.png

“The [Rebel Moon] director’s cut is close to an hour of extra content, so I think it’s a legitimate extended universe version,” he said. “You really get to see a lot. It’s just more painted-in all the way. The director’s [cut] is a settle-in deep dive, which I have notoriously done throughout my career. I don’t know how I got into this director’s cut thing, but what I will say about it is that, for me, the director’s cuts have always been something I had to fight for in the past and nobody wanted it. It was this b****** child that I was always trying to put together because they felt like there was a deeper version. And with Netflix, we shot scenes just for the director’s cut. So in that way, it’s really a revelation because it gives that second kick at the can for big fans, like a real discovery that they would not [otherwise] get. I’m really excited about it!”

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database