Recommend a game for me thread

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need something new. Can be PC or XBone but prefer PC.

I've played barely anything in the past year so looking for some of the top games of say 2016 til now. I've played only: Hearthstone - Diablo 3 - Destiny - Plants v Zombie FPS with my kid - Forza Horizons 3 with my kid.

Would love a good RPG game maybe, or even a super good FPS that has a fun single player campaign.

Took a quick and these caught my eye but I know very little about any (except Civ, I've played a lot of Civ games):

Dark Souls III
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine
Civilization VI

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Play Witcher 3 and you will be busy for 100 hours.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
definitely witcher 3 get the GOTY edition ($25) includes all the dlcs. The DLCs are bigger and better than most other games
yakuza 0 or persona 5 imo, both are very different from western games and are weirdly addictive

if you haven't bought it yet, playerunknown battlegrounds is weirdly addictive. Its super simple - 100 players parachute onto an island, battle royale last man standing - but its done MUCH better than h1z1, dayz, etc which isn't suprising since the guy has been working on it for years in other mods. Watch a few twitch streams but playing it is so much more fun. I play 100% solo but a lot of people here play in 2s and 5s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice I just bought Witcher 3 GOTY. 25 bucks no brainer.

Was also looking at some kind of quick/casual game. I saw in the other thread Fallen Enchantress is similar to Heroes of Might and Magic so I might try that too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Nice I just bought Witcher 3 GOTY. 25 bucks no brainer.

Was also looking at some kind of quick/casual game. I saw in the other thread Fallen Enchantress is similar to Heroes of Might and Magic so I might try that too.

I didn't find Fallen Enchantress to be like Heroes of Might and Magic almost at all.

For an RPG I'd recommend Divinity Original Sin if you haven't played it.

Dead Cells is becoming my quick game lately, if you're into rogue-like games.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're into competitive fps you can't beat overwatch. No story though

• 1Like

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I recently got back into Darkest Dungeon again. I have 113 hours on it so far. It can be frustrating because some of your characters will die. You have to think of them as expendable. If you like a challenge, I recommend it.

Oh, I guess I should elaborate. 4 in your party dungeon crawl turn based, has lots of RPG elements. Narrator is really good, just not a traditional JRPG if that's what you are looking for.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
You can play XCom 2. Although that meets none of your criteria of an RPG or a FPS.

• 1Like

Raign

Golden Squire
Another vote for Witcher 3. Divinity Original Sin (the new one comes out soon and is also amazing), X-Com 2, Darkest Dungeon, Everspace. Can't go wrong with any of them and all of them are long enough you won't feel ripped off even if you don't get them on steam sale.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Witcher 3 + all DLC, Dark Souls 3 + DLC yes yes yes

RPG, Darkest Dungeon up there, Valkyria Chonicles on Steam, Xcom series, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells is really good in the vain of BoI

FPS the Bioshock series is currently on sell thru Steam all 3 games + DLC 15$(Till July 5th) and fucking DOOM

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Really make sure you get Darkest Dungeon and This war of mine.

I do suggest pirating Mass Effect Andromeda and trying it before these two though.

The contrast between a shitty "premium" title and these games, which are actually awesome, will further contribute to your enjoyment of them.

Witcher 3 is of course a rock-solid suggestion, unsure how people have not played it. Not that it has aged though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Buy a PS4 and play Horizon Zero Dawn.

Thread resolved.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Or for that matter, get a Switch and play the new Zelda. Missing out on a few of the best games of the last year without PS4 or Switch IMO. Uncharted 4 would also be on my list along with HZD.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Or for that matter, get a used Wii U and play the new Zelda. Missing out on a few of the best games of the last year without PS4 or Wii U IMO. Uncharted 4 would also be on my list along with HZD.

Ladro

Anomaly
Switch at least opens the door for Mario Cart and Odyssey later on. Plus he's got a kid so would be a win on that front as well, but yeah a Wii U would play BoTW just fine. The wife justification might be a little easier that way :)

• 1Like