Remembering those who have passed on

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To my mind, it doesn't need to contain the body anyways - it could be symbolic. Perhaps even SHOULD be.
This is what Gwar did with Oderus Urungus. Dave Brockie was buried and "Oderus" was Viking'd. Full costume etc put on board.

83b52e7307664ca9360a8ae2a21e5fcf_730.jpg

Realistically? Get hammered with a bunch of friends and talk about them and cry. Unless that friend actually wanted some big spectacle made, this is really all for you. Drunken night in their honor will be cathartic for you. I know it was for me earlier this year when my mom died. Write something down too, in the same vein.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So a close friend of mine died today. Went to bed last night. Never woke up this morning. We're thinking heart attack or stroke.

He was a great guy. His family is pretty awesome and insane. They're not going to have a tradition funeral. Because traditional funerals in churches are, well... SO not their style. Trouble is, we don't know WHAT to do.
Sorry for your loss man. I went through 34 years of life without losing a single person close to me. Not a one. Last 5 years, family and a few friends started dropping left and right. It's been an adjustment. All life ends, it's the one universal truth. I try to focus on the fact that it makes life meaningful and paves the way for new lives and new experiences.

As for your question of how I remember them, it's just that...I remember them. They're all still up there in my brain, every moment, every memory. I personally hate rituals and ceremonies like funerals, wakes, shiva, they're uncomfortable, but I do what's required and necessary. Wish it was easier. But it ain't easy. Truly, my condolences on your friend.

Fadaar

That guy
I want my body dumped from an airplane at high altitude over the downtown area of a major city. I want to either destroy someone's car, kill someone, or scar innocent bystanders for life. Preferably all of the above. I think Con-Air gave me the idea for this one.