Reminiscence (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Reminiscence (2021)

Tagline: Don't look back

Genre: Science Fiction, Mystery, Thriller, Romance

Director: Lisa Joy

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson, Thandiwe Newton, Daniel Wu, Angela Sarafyan, Natalie Martinez, Marina de Tavira, Cliff Curtis, Mojean Aria, Brett Cullen, Nico Parker

Release: 2021-08-19

Plot: Nick Bannister, a private investigator of the mind, navigates the darkly alluring world of the past by helping his clients access lost memories. Living on the fringes of the sunken Miami coast, his life is forever changed when he takes on a new client, Mae. A simple matter of lost and found becomes a dangerous obsession. As Bannister fights to find the truth about Mae's disappearance, he uncovers a violent conspiracy, and must ultimately answer the question: how far would you go to hold on to the ones you love?

spronk

FPS noob

releases Aug 20th, 2021 in Theaters AND HBO max

looks like Inception 2: Now With Hugh Jackman

i'll watch on HBO i like all 3 leads - Hugh, Rebecca Ferguson, and Thandie Newton (Westworld)

its directed by one of the co-creators of Westworld

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thandie Newton

puke GIF

• 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
rebecca ferguson means i will watch this day one. also wolverine is cool

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Need a update ASAP from someone who's seen it if its worth the watch.

I didn't get Inception vibes from the trailer in terms of pacing and action. If its halfass Inception I have to pass I can just rewatch Inception.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I started it last night but it barely held my atteniton, so turned it off after 20 minutes

Juvarisx

Florida
I didn't make it very far either, the first scene where he was walking in the city felt jarring as it was clearly all green screen but it really felt off like the background was at a lower framerate then the foreground. It didn't have great reviews either so I didnt bother

Oldbased

> Than U
It took me 3 days to watch this but I finished it.
Cast was great. Acting I thought was good. Effects and story fine.
It was just so slow I kept losing interest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just started reading this thread and was excited about it until I saw the post that stated the director is a co creator of Westworld. Nope! Not this day (or ever).

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I like the premise with the exception of the sunken city. Do we really need more Climate extremism, which I hear has almost no relation to the plot, shoveled into everything? Will wait to watch purely because if I want more Green propaganda I will watch the news.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today, its definitely way too long but meh whatever for home watching. The political/cultural posturing would be offensive if it wasn't so laughably badly done, its more like children lecturing you on how to be a good person.

The worst thing about the movie is how every 15 minutes someone sits and gives a long ass speech, sometimes in the middle of an action scene. Its so funny and out of place it makes you laugh every time once you notice.

I guess the movie is trying hard to be a mix of a rom com/noir, but it really does both poorly. It really isn't very Inception-y at all. Throw in some junk sci fi that makes no sense and you get a modern day... movie? A couple of West World actors pop up, including Clementine. Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands) does a nice stint as a drug dealer.

I didn't mind watching it, it wasn't so bad that I regret spending 2 hours, but its not good and certainly nothing I'd rewatch. I guess its just a way to waste 2 hours.

There is a story about Orpheus and Eurydice embedded in the movie, which is cool for anyone who just started playing the game Hades (now on gamepass!)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This movie should have ended when Jackman found out his ex was really a drug dealer.

Also the whole flooding and land scarcity aspect is a pretty horrible premise when you spend a few seconds thinking about it.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah it makes zero sense that buildings would stay standing, salt water DESTROYS concrete and steel in just a few years. you can hand wave away electricity because they showed solar panels and you can say high tech superconductors means everything is localized solar power+batteries, but structures would not stand like that.

also it was annoying that they said people stay out of the day and only go out at night because it gets too hot, but they had multiple daytime scenes and it was cloudy and looked normal as fuck. shoulda been way, way hotter outside if the sun melted the ice caps to cause a few feet extra of water worldwide.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database