Rerolled bro's, I need your help.....

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jesus that's fucked up.

Not sure I would ever go to a message board to ask for help instead of driving in circles.

Asking these strangers would be last on my list.

Who else is going to warn you to check the local news for Big Foot sightings in the last 72 hours? Squatch coulda absconded with him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
If they tried going at the phone company unofficially they would get shot down for sure. Having been on the opposite side of that conversation they will not offer anything to police or otherwise without a subpoena. Get him declared officially missing and get the police to submit the paperwork the normal route to the phone company's lawyers. You will get your info within a few minutes.

Edit: If he was in a company car the bosses can report it as 'stolen' to expedite this.

That's probably what I will try and get them to do next. At this point, probably will do more driving tomorrow, see if I can take some other routes he may have gone. Getting a location would just help narrow the search. Dunno how long the process would take, but phone records are our best shot i think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
If he was in a company car, that matters. The company can maybe call and activate OnStar and locate the vehicle on the say-so of the company account holder? His CEO? I'm not sure if that's possible physically, but it seems like it should work legally. That's just off the top of my head.

Also I agree with getting the cops involved all the way. Get that GF to press hard on them to come up with the proper subpoenas or whatever they need to unlock things at OnStar, Apple, Samsung, or whoever. If she can't or won't, do it yourself.

On a more personal, animal, psychological note..... that GF may have more answers than she is willing to part with. She may seem all up-and-up to you, but relationships have a way of going really sour. I don't know you, I don't know him, I don't know her. I'm just saying. It had to be said. Homegirl may just be evil as they come. It's not impossible. Look, I don't know you but I know people. They are mammals. They are animals. They can do anything. Don't necessarily go after the GF, but don't just rule her out either.

Other than that, go physical. Go objective. Go pragmatic. Go real-politik. Do actual organized pattern searches of the roads and the ground around them. Be smart about it. Do as Palum and Iannis say (they are both smart as hell). Work smart not hard. Nature does not reward emotivism, tears, or displays of virtue. She rewards hard thinking and real work. Get into the mud and the muck and try to find him. Use math and logic and search the most likely places first.

But that is secondary.

I would use the objective tools known as OnStar, Samsung, Police, etc first.

Just my 2cp. Take it with a click of Salty.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If you have drainage ponds or ditches along the two roads check them. Some accidents I had seen you only saw the tire marks up close to where they went off. As for the ponds, look for the tracks also. It seems like every 2 weeks in Florida I read about someone going missing and being found in a pond.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If he was in a company car, that matters. The company can maybe call and activate OnStar and locate the vehicle on the say-so of the company account holder? His CEO? I'm not sure if that's possible physically, but it seems like it should work legally. That's just off the top of my head.

Also I agree with getting the cops involved all the way. Get that GF to press hard on them to come up with the proper subpoenas or whatever they need to unlock things at OnStar, Apple, Samsung, or whoever. If she can't or won't, do it yourself.

On a more personal, animal, psychological note..... that GF may have more answers than she is willing to part with. She may seem all up-and-up to you, but relationships have a way of going really sour. I don't know you, I don't know him, I don't know her. I'm just saying. It had to be said. Homegirl may just be evil as they come. It's not impossible. Look, I don't know you but I know people. They are mammals. They are animals. They can do anything. Don't necessarily go after the GF, but don't just rule her out either.

Other than that, go physical. Go objective. Go pragmatic. Go real-politik. Do actual organized pattern searches of the roads and the ground around them. Be smart about it. Do as Palum and Iannis say (they are both smart as hell). Work smart not hard. Nature does not reward emotivism, tears, or displays of virtue. She rewards hard thinking and real work. Get into the mud and the muck and try to find him. Use math and logic and search the most likely places first.

But that is secondary.

I would use the objective tools known as OnStar, Samsung, Police, etc first.

Just my 2cp. Take it with a click of Salty.
if he contacts the cops they will crawl up the GF's ass with a magnifying glass and put the fear of jaysus in her. if she is holding something back they will find out. one time as a kid a friend of my sister ran away and didnt tell anyone, not even my sister. it didnt stop the cops from grilling her though. it turned out her friend had run off with some guy and he ended up getting busted for being a pervert since she was only 15 and he was 21.

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
At best, we know we grabbed food, likely where he did the drop off for work, then stopped at a gas station on his way back, but it gets fuzzy after that.

We did call all hospitals in the areas and along the paths he would have gone and also checked with both local police depts and any medical examiner locations and came up empty.

Get a few photos of him AND the girlfriend, go to where he grabbed food, where he dropped shit off, and the gas station where he fueled up. Show the photos to people who work there or around there and ask if they saw him (Or her). Also, importantly, ask if they saw anyone else with him. And make sure to ask the state he was in if they saw him.

At the gas station, see if they'd let you have a copy of the camera footage for the day. (They probably won't, but seriously, offer the manager fifty bucks if he could do this for you, say you're desperate. The worst he can do is tell you no.)

Does the girlfriend have access to his credit information, like accounts for his cards or bank account? She can log in and find out if he's stopped at ATMs or made purchases. If you still come up dry, hire a licensed Private Investigator. Try looking for a former cop, too. Sometimes they can get some things rolling. But as others have said, getting him declared officially missing so the cops can start demanding bank and phone records ect? Probably your best bet.

• 2Like

Pops

Morons

So about his passwords. Does the GF have access to his computer? Can pull his passwords from Chrome pretty easy.

Thanks X box boy. But this isn't the place to cry for help. Maybe try Google?

• 2Like

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Keeping an eye on all his social media might help. a little girl who was abducted was found because she gained access to a comp and logged in a social app and hid it

• 2Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I have not much to add, except that I wish you luck and hope that this shit gets sorted out. It sounds like an awful situation.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At the gas station, see if they'd let you have a copy of the camera footage for the day. (They probably won't, but seriously, offer the manager fifty bucks if he could do this for you, say you're desperate. The worst he can do is tell you no.)

Followup to this, even if they can't give it to you, the manager might still take a look and save it for the cops if there is anything. They don't keep those recordings for long unless they have a reason.

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'd say 75% chance he is okay but wanted to disappear. Any history of depression or mental illness? Any history of drug involvement? Could be a deal gone bad. I think the chances that he is sitting in his vehicle in a ravine or at the bottom of a swamp are pretty low. It's happened before but it seems to me to be least likely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd say 75% chance he is okay but wanted to disappear. Any history of depression or mental illness? Any history of drug involvement? Could be a deal gone bad. I think the chances that he is sitting in his vehicle in a ravine or at the bottom of a swamp are pretty low. It's happened before but it seems to me to be least likely.

I really want to take the time and call your bullshit out, but 75% is way to high. Of the last 10 people that have gone missing in the surrounding 300 mile radius from my house, I believe only 3 have been found alive. Most recent was that Utah professor I believe. He was found alive solely because he got lucky to hear that people were looking for him, so he stayed in his car. Otherwise he fully admitted he was going to start walking.

There was another one where an older lady left church, and never made it home. Found her dead in her car in some real remote area some 60 miles from her home. Estimated she was stuck there for 9 days before she died. Had a previous medical condition, unsure if she had a stroke or what.

Several years ago now it happened to a friend from high school and his passenger. Drunk as hell, speeding, went 300+ feet down to the bottom of a valley. Couldn't find signs of a wreck as the brakes were never applied to leave tracks. Happened between the bar and their oil rig. Took them two weeks to find the wreck.

Not trying to stomp magimaster's hopes, but the sooner he's found/contacted the better. The longer this drags out, well you know. In this day, you can't really just disappear.

There's really nothing we can do to help without knowing more information. And as such the police that he's already contacted will be of much more help than us. Only thing Magimaster can do is search more himself. The police will only physically search an area once until more leads are established. So until one of them finds something, gotta wait for paperwork to get handled to get those phone/gps records.

• 2Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I shouldn't have binged Sherlock. I'm expecting some kind of twist to this story.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I hate to be such a jaded dick but this thread is just BS.

Your brother has been missing for 18+ hours and you spend the time to come make a thread on a board about it? a Board you only post 240 times on? Why would you think this is t he place to be? its been less than 18 hours, at this point any real people are still driving around or sitting in a police station. They dont have time to bang out 800 words about it to strangers who in no way would be more qualified to assist than the police. In fact anything randoms here could come up with would probably hinder a real investigation.

This reeks of attention getting made up internet faggotry. Until I see a news report or obituary I call bullshit on this. and if it is true, I feel bad for you, but also realize that if your kind thinks random message board is the best course of action on a 18 hour missing person, it says alot more about your family and why someone could go missing in todays age. Maybe he stopped at a pool for a butthole suck fest and got trapped and drowned. Or met some dudes from craigslist for a suck and fuck fest and got murdered. That seems like the actions of a family that spawns someone who makes this thread.

• 7Salty
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I really want to take the time and call your bullshit out, but 75% is way to high.

I'm no expert but in a couple of google searches I found indications that most people disappear on purpose. Given that he's neither a young child that would be abducted by a pedo nor an (guessing since he is working) elderly person with dementia who wandered off, then it is far more likely that he disappeared on purpose or due to drug activity and is not dead in a ravine.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-to-missing-people-Where-do-they-go-when-they-disappear

"In the vast majority of "missing persons" cases, the people have "disappeared" voluntarily. "

Reasons Why Adults Go Missing | CCIMA

"In the overwhelming majority of cases, missing persons are located within a very short period of time – usually within days of the disappearance. Sometimes the missing person is located by police, but often the person returns home on her/his own...

Deliberate Disappearances: This includes adults who may be experiencing difficulties with significant people in their lives, financial issues, family break-down or other problems that may be overwhelming. The decision to disappear is a way to escape the situation.

"

• 2Like

Szlia

Does he have a work laptop with him? Those can be tracked too... I have a friend who works for a major computer manufacturer and he told me that they have a pretty broad spectrum of tools when it comes to try and find stolen/lost laptops (including remotely activating the webcam and other chill inducing niceties).

• 2Like