Restaraunt Review Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You always see these food truck gatherings in movies and shit... WHERE DO I GO TO EXPERIENCE THIS?!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My cousins stepdad used to work on a food truck and we would go out with him once in awhile. At the end of the day he'd have a shitload of food and we could just go to town for free. It was the greatest time of my life.

frown.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My cousins stepdad used to work on a food truck and we would go out with him once in awhile. At the end of the day he'd have a shitload of food and we could just go to town for free. It was the greatest time of my life.

frown.png
Why sadface? Cherish the memories man, tell me more stories!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean that's about it really. We just ate the food everyday while I stayed up there for the summer. We drove around with him but didn't even help, we just played baseball in the parking lots while we waited.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I finally got around to trying Pigwich on Monday. I had their cheesesteak, and it was pretty good. It seemed to have some mystery spices so that it wasn't just meat + cheese, and though I'm terrible at picking out most spices in food it tasted pretty damned good. Sandwiches themselves are like $7, and for $8 you can get homemade potato chips and a can of soda. I was kind of surprised that they had 4-5 people standing in the drizzle and cold waiting for their orders.

I'll probably go to this place once a week or so since there isn't much else in the area besides fast food, Dennys and a Waffle House. I believe the owners had the butcher shop (The Local Pig) that this is located behind first, and added the food truck behind it. I was surprised that they (the butcher shop at least) offers butchering classes on their website.

rrr_img_49374.jpg

rrr_img_49373.jpg

6a00e551f080038834017c3865e1a8970b-pi

And I don't even KNOW what on earth this is on their menu, but I found it in their Yelp pictures: a Chicken and Waffle sandwich. I mean, I don't even.

l.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The butcher shop(Local Pig) is phenomenal. I try to get down there at least once a month. They have amazing bacon, different flavors all the time. Last time I was there they were selling brown sugar & bourbon habanero bacon. The stuff is so thick that if you order a pound of it, that's like 6 slices. You can get absolutely anything there if it comes from a cow, pig, or lamb. I always stick to the traditional stuff like KC Strip steaks, pork chops, bacon, etc, but I've seen people ask for stuff like head cheese and odder stuff than that.

Also, their sausages and brats are amazing. The flavors and varieties vary all the time, but they occasionally do a burnt end bratwurst which is exactly what it sounds like, ground up burnt ends & pork in a susage casing. Grill it up, throw some BBQ sauce on it, so damn good.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hit up a restaurant in Minnetonka MN last week, BLVD. Went with my wife and one of my buddies. Would go again.

The price tag of the place is pretty spendy. It isn't a crazy expensive fancy restaurant but we are talking $40-$60 per person with an appetizer and drink. If you get sandwiches or burgers the price goes down to a reasonable level.

The food was delicious and portions were large. I got the ribs and chicken combo. This was half a rack of ribs and a half chicken with asparagus instead of the mashed potatoes. I am not a food reviewer, so I can't describe it very well, however, the ribs were great / fell off the bone. The BBQ sauce they use was in the middle of sweet / smokey.

The chicken was wood fired and smoked. Very good stuff.

My wife got the Jambalaya, probably the 'worst' of the dishes at the table. It was still really good. Large shrimp, good chorizo, and whatever else is in jambalaya.

My buddy got some rare prime rib, 16oz. It seemed larger when it got to the table. It was well cooked and the horseradish sauce that came with it was very good. It was a creamy sauce that was more mild than in your face horseradish.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If it was really chorizo, that's probably why it wasn't that great. Jambalaya should have andouille.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hit Pigwich again this week. Grabbed a Bahn Mi and a Meatloaf sandwich. The Bahn Mi was alright, but I haven't had many so I'd have a hard time rating it but I wasn't disappointed. The meatloaf sandwich, I kinda felt let down. The meatloaf patty was hard and thin, so I'm not sure what kind a loaf it got sliced off of. The bread was burnt on one side but still was edible, and all the dressing and condiments was pretty busy. Def some sort of caramelized onions and cheese, but it just seemed kinda messy. Not sure I'd get that one again. Not sure if expecting something like "Mom's" meatloaf was realistic, though when I lived in NY you could get that kind of meatloaf on open-faced sandwiches at least.

rrr_img_50774.jpg

rrr_img_50775.jpg

rrr_img_50776.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Also wanted to mention barley's Brewhaus, went there a couple weeks ago. I'd never heard any stories about their food and we just went their for the cheap beer flights, and got food as a secondary concern. And honestly their food was pretty damned good. I was honestly surprised that I'd never heard about their food at all.

Of course we were getting hammered so the only pic I took was of beer to text to Quse, LOL.

rrr_img_50777.jpg

Angry_Ninja_sl

shitlord
Few in the LA area good craft beer and tasty food

wurstkuche - Japan Town LA
Wurstküche Menu
Cheap fun place to go with a few friends mostly exotic sausage and truffle fries. Semi-decent beer

Tony's Darts away - Burbank
Tonys Darts Away | All Craft. All Draught. All California.
California craft beers / vegan

Fathers Office - Santa Monica
Fathers Office - Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA
Great Burgers lots of craft beer

Mowhawk Bend - LA
Mohawk Bend | Commitment to Craft
Same guy that own Tony's Darts away large menu - good pizza
Lot of craft beer

Little Bear
Little Bear | Los Angeles | Welcome
Loads of Belgian beer - pretty decent food