Returnal (PS5) (April 30th)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Saw it played on Twitch today.

PS5 exclusive. Third person action/shooter rogue-lite

It looked really fun.

Not that a PS5 is available anywhere, but still. Good to see some fun games being available when they might be in stock in a year or two.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah looks good but it sounds like its basically a TPS Roguelite, the embargo on reviews don't lift until like a day before release so wait and see for me. Remember, this is a $69.99 msrp game too.

I have a feeling it'll be on PS+ within a year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I'm sort of sick of games that force you to play females that would never be in the situation they are in.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm sort of sick of games that force you to play females that would never be in the situation they are in.
at least make her pretty and not a 45yr old spinster

011bc43c2fdefa0c2bf01a2d2fd60055.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah they had a stream yesterday to preview the first 10 mins and it only had like 2400 viewers, have a feeling this game is gonna sell badly

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
4k 60fps with RT on? Haven't been paying attention to this at all but the impression videos look pretty good.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah they had a stream yesterday to preview the first 10 mins and it only had like 2400 viewers, have a feeling this game is gonna sell badly
I watched Cohh stream for 45 minutes (his limit), and it looked pretty cool

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Lost me with "Roguelite" and restarting from the beginning every time you die. Will wait for the PS+. Does look great, though, and was on the fence about getting it but was super expensive and roguelikes/lites aren't my jam.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been watching some streams of the full game this morning, and it honestly looks like a lot of fun. If only I had a ps5.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Housemarque has never made a bad game, so I'm pretty optimistic for this one. Just not $70 optimistic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Really good reviews on this one so what the heck. However, I had 74 in my ps wallet from some gift cards so I spent 99 cents 👍

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Really good reviews on this one so what the heck. However, I had 74 in my ps wallet from some gift cards so I spent 99 cents 👍
This is such a beautiful game. I may go ahead and get it knowing its going to frustrate the hell out of me. I just never got really good at Hades and if I couldn't make that game work, you know the genre is not my cup of tea; I am too locked into ignoring/taking damage to succeed in a rogue-like/lite. I would love to have this be a regular first/third person shooter, though; the world and narrative just look so fucking amazing from Skill-up's review.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is such a beautiful game. I may go ahead and get it knowing its going to frustrate the hell out of me. I just never got really good at Hades and if I couldn't make that game work, you know the genre is not my cup of tea; I am too locked into ignoring/taking damage to succeed in a rogue-like/lite. I would love to have this be a regular first/third person shooter, though; the world and narrative just look so fucking amazing from Skill-up's review.
Right there with you. World and story look incredible. If it were a shooter I’d be all over it no hesitation. Being a roguelite makes me pause since that’s not my cup of tea (I think I’m getting too old for games that can’t be played with a somewhat casual mindset). I’m also worried about the runs taking an hour+ with no saves between since my time is always broken up with little kids around. Who am I kidding, I’ll probably get it tomorrow because why not, but I do hesitate for those reasons.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am the same. Hoping I do better with shooters than action rpgs lol :) I got duped though. Countdown timer said 10 central. Hit play. Restarted for another hour. 😜 if that’s intended that’s hilarious.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This game looks amazing but I’ll have to pass. First I’m not great at FPS and this is apparently quite hard. Second I’m not a fan of rogue like games although how they weave the system within the narrative sounds cool. Third the game is $89 in Canada which is a bit much for something to take a chance on.

Guess I’m going to have to wait for Ratchet and Clank for o really what the PS5 can do. Luckily that game looks insane also. :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So initial thoughts:

1) Game is fucking gorgeous.
2) The way they are setting up this story as a rogue lite is cool as shit.
3) Sound and music (As noted in the reviews) is FANTASTIC.
4) 4k60 gun play is spot on.
5) Maps are huge and sometimes very confusing.
6) Online is quirky and fun - got a message that one of my friends is stuck in the Wilderness over a notification :p
7) There is a very deep system here - and can get confusing but I am only an hour in.
8) Protip: Do not ever try to Swim.
9) The atmosphere, Sci Fi Aspects, Story, and sense of foreboding are some of the best I have seen to date in a Sci Fi / Horror game.

I am looking forward to playing more. It really is a AAA game and not a traditional Rogue Lite Indie in every sense of the word. Now, with that said:

1A) I am old. It will most likely only be a matter of time before I get frustrated and play Rocket League.
2A) I am old. But I am not doing too shabby against the monsters thus far.
3A) I am old. I expect to beat this sometime in the year 2034 when there is a PS7 remake.
4A) I am old.
5A12 Niner) I spend 99 cents in actuality - but I honestly would not have been upset with a full price purchase. There is a quality in development here that goes beyond what we normally see and I think this company deserves to be rewarded.

Also, where are my HDR settings? Does it support it? It still looks very colorful on my OLED - but I only have SDR options....

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gotta' say...the PS5 controller is really fucking cool. I've only put about 20 min into the game today, since I really need to get some work done, but looking forward to playing more later.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, where are my HDR settings? Does it support it? It still looks very colorful on my OLED - but I only have SDR options....
Sounds like it just uses the system-level HDR settings instead of having a menu in the game.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Revisited Nex Machina from them today after forgetting it was in my Steam library. It was fun for one or two runs through and certainly had a lot of shiny colors and explosions, but really suffered at being just a linear twin stick style shooter. Absolutely no replayability or incentive for me to do any more runs. Hopefully the rogue like elements of this are done well. Machina could have been real fun as a rogue like.