Rick and Morty

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have one real issue with the finale, specifically with clone Beth.

Obviously to make her happy to take great care of the kids and all that he was going to have to make some personality tweaks/modifications to the brain in the clone. If he was doing that why would he leave the memory of the clone discussion (but not her decision) in there? She shouldn't have known clone was an option, which would have prevented the identity crisis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Complaining about outliers of any group is always a sign of ignorance. The problem is when whole groups are raving lunatics.

Case in point, anyone that actually wants the sauce can fucking type it into Google and find a few minute YouTube video on how to make it just right:

Bonus, Binging with Babish is a great YouTube channel and everyone should watch it anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That guy is really good. Nice speaking voice, nice cooking skill. I wish I had either. It works well for him.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Complaining about outliers of any group is always a sign of ignorance. The problem is when whole groups are raving lunatics.

Case in point, anyone that actually wants the sauce can fucking type it into Google and find a few minute YouTube video on how to make it just right:

Bonus, Binging with Babish is a great YouTube channel and everyone should watch it anyway.

The internet was founded as a way of making broad generalized hyperbolic judgments about groups of people that annoy you based upon niche outlying examples that allow for the greatest reaction by strangers you'll never actually meet. If that's changed then there's no hope for this world.

Also make the Pasta Aglio e Olio from the Binging series, crazy simple, insanely good and makes you look like a professional chef.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I never plan to totally make anything he makes, but I swear every video he has some super useful tip hidden in there for us "commoners" to use in the kitchen. The pasta one you mentioned is one of the most approachable though and tasty.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

Obviously to make her happy to take great care of the kids and all that he was going to have to make some personality tweaks/modifications to the brain in the clone. If he was doing that why would he leave the memory of the clone discussion (but not her decision) in there? She shouldn't have known clone was an option, which would have prevented the identity crisis.

A. She was not a clone

B. Being Rick's daughter (not that that actually has any surefire quantifiable bearing on her intelligence or rationality one way or another) she should have rationalized the irrelevance of it, as the only reason she questioned it was simply a noticed change in behavior.

The only reason she went to Jerry was because of a moment of vulnerability, as such her relationship rekindled for better or for worse, at a time of emotional weakness, a result of her existential crisis.
Most likely for worse, as her existential crisis was momentary, and as that moment and its coursing effects fade from memory, the problems which caused their breakup will resurface.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

According to Rick this clone would be Beth in all ways. If he didn't leave in the decision to stay and finally accepting this is the life she wants then clone Beth would just end up where real Beth was at the time of the decision. Apathetic to her family and with all the frustration about her life that Beth has displayed throughout the series. That is assuming this is a clone and not the real Beth.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Been watching the show here and there, mostly out of order. Finished season 3. Evil Morty was great.

Also watched Get Schwifty recently and holy shit. Never knew Ice T was once named Water T but it makes so much sense now.

Time to get schwifty in here. Take off your pants and your panties. Shit on the floor

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been watching the show here and there, mostly out of order. Finished season 3. Evil Morty was great.

Also watched Get Schwifty recently and holy shit. Never knew Ice T was once named Water T but it makes so much sense now.

Time to get schwifty in here. Take off your pants and your panties. Shit on the floor

Show me what you've got!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Cosmic Owl, I mostly think this show is gay and hate Doc, here's a cartoon I like:BravestWarriors - YouTube

Find the adventure time!!

Oh man I remember this post, I remember watching one episode and thinking it was an Social Justice Warriror feels bull shit, and didn't realize Dan Harmon was involved, it was my fault, I misinterpreted what RIck was saying at the time, and didn't follow the episode. Sentient dog episode I think.

• 1Like

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
It's too bad that Beth didn't aim a little higher. But the cat did bring on the feels.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's too bad that Beth didn't aim a little higher. But the cat did bring on the feels.

Yeah, I think the cat was just there to screw with us... which is pretty much in line with a lot of the undertones they hide in the show. heh

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
24296581_919916648182593_3562878440072124363_n.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users