RIP Ali

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Very sad indeed and a huge loss to the city of Louisville and country. I've met the guy numerous times at Louisville football and basketball games and his family has always been very kind.

The Greatest!

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. Don't know much about Ali but what I do know it seems like he was actually a decent man.

Just a guy, ya know. He had his troubles and his causes. And obviously a great fuckin boxer.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Don't know much about Ali but what I do know it seems like he was actually a decent man.

Just a guy, ya know. He had his troubles and his causes. And obviously a great fuckin boxer.
He wasn't. He was a draft-dodging, racist, self-promoter. Basically a black Donald Trump.

But hands down the greatest boxer of all time. I'm partial to Holyfield, Chavez, and Frazier, but it's like Jordan, whether you liked him or not you recognized they were on a tier all by themselves. But I'd still put money on Holyfield, despite him not being a true heavyweight.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I don't want to violate HIPAA laws but let's just say it was sad. I pulled the plug on him.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Shit, I'm old enough to remember some of his fights.

He was like the superstar of boxing back then.

RIP

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
After seeing thousands upon thousands of hours of boxing film, I still think Ali is the greatest I have ever watched (close seconds are Ray Robinson, Leonard, Jones jr., Pep etc). An absolute titan, rare athlete that becomes bigger than sports themselves. Quintessential 20th century figure, regardless of peoples opinions on the guy. I still watch his Foreman victory once every few months. At one point probably the world's most recognizable man.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
150522_SNUT_AliListon-BW.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

RIP

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I remember my grandfather (was a boxer) took me to see him a couple times. He was in Boston at the Strand Theater doing a speech on black empowerment in the early 80's. He also showed up at the local mosque. You would have swore the president was coming to town.

We also went to a local bar to see him fight on closed circuit television against Larry Holmes. (Remember kids...no cable then!)

Man was legend.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He wasn't. He was a draft-dodging, racist, self-promoter. Basically a black Donald Trump.

But hands down the greatest boxer of all time. I'm partial to Holyfield, Chavez, and Frazier, but it's like Jordan, whether you liked him or not you recognized they were on a tier all by themselves. But I'd still put money on Holyfield, despite him not being a true heavyweight.
I can't imagine someone being a racist then having someone like Dundee as their trainer for 21 years.. I feel like that would just stir the racist juices after a bit? Those fighters you mentioned were all time greats but not even top 10 all time imo. I think it's really close between Robinson and Ali. Overall I think Ali was a much more polarizing person and I think that's why he's still talked about and considered the greatest. But Robinson was the whole package that climbed multiple divisions. it's tight. I lean towards Robinson.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You are an ass. Ali was about Black empowerment. Some people forget how bad we had it in the 60's and 70's. I don't. I prefer Ali to these athletes now, that are afraid to speak out on anything because it will mess with their endorsement money.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Let us ignore your retarded racist bullshit a sec. NONE of those boxers you mentioned were on his level.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Jait I mean this with all love.

You're a dumb faggot.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Lol. Okay. Guy converted to Islam and screamed Allah Akbar!! Joined the same hate group that murdered Malcolm X and you guys are mad at me?

Okay. We've since become a country where you would be killed or imprisoned for what he did. But alrighty...

Dworkk

N00b
Lol. Okay. Guy converted to Islam and screamed Allah Akbar!! Joined the same hate group that murdered Malcolm X and you guys are mad at me?

Okay. We've since become a country where you would be killed or imprisoned for what he did. But alrighty...
STFU the more you post about Ali the dumber you sound. You clearly have no clue about what you're talking about

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

We've also become a country where I can walk into any restaurant and be served. I do not have to sit in the back of the bus. We've elected a black president twice now. Times and situations change. Because of people like him had a sack and gave a fuck.