Ripley

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Ripley

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2024-04-04

Cast: Andrew Scott, Johnny Flynn, Dakota Fanning, Eliot Sumner

Overview: Tom Ripley, a grifter scraping by in early 1960s New York, is hired by a wealthy man to travel to Italy to try to convince his vagabond son to return home. Tom's acceptance of the job is the first step into a complex life of deceit, fraud and murder.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sounds like it's aiming to be a little more authentic to the books, based on reading some interviews.

To be honest, I thought the movie was much better than the books. From what I recall, Tom is more of a true sociopathic schemer in the books and doesn't necessarily have the kind of isolation and loneliness that the movie Ripley had. There was a lot more depth in the film, imo. Such a shame Minghella didn't live a longer life.

That said, the trailer looks pretty slick and I'll certainly be interested in it regardless of the path it takes because the book were still good.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finding this a hard watch. The characters just don’t interact like humans, I feel like I’m watching a bunch of soulless lizard people.

Also, the location is one of the most colourful and beautiful places in Italy and setting it in black and white, while intending to be artistic, feels muted and clipped, just like the aforementioned human interaction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database