River City Ransom: Underground

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I now know the Random was a typo but I thought someone was very low-effort ripping off RCR

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Coming out this month. RCR was my favorite NES game and this sequel looks amazing. My body is ready.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game is finally out on steam, pretty good reviews so far as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Anybody play this yet? It looks fantastic, but looks have been deceiving before.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Right now I'd say hold off unless you don't mind a bit of the old NES game bullshit. Multiplayer is currently broken with anybody but the host unable to save any progress on a character and its been that way since launch. Difficulty wise it isn't terrible till late in the game when the AI goes off the rails with reading your inputs perfectly, besides that I've really enjoyed it with its flaws. All it needed was another month of play testing and bug fixing, its got some really awesome parts and some really dumb design decisions mostly due to character balance and some having a real rough time out of the gate while others shine all the way through.

Bruno and Rudy are two you have to put time into to see any pay off while ones like Alex/Ryan/Glen/Provie are good out of the gate, there's no hand holding in the game at all and finding the dojo's/shop's will require some guides. Move lists can be a bit confusing and some moves require some tight timing, but good mechanics pays off. The grind is the grind for stat ups and paying for new moves while most characters have around 15-20 moves a piece. They said they have a big patch in the pipe so hopefully that will resolve a good deal of the bugs, nothing game breaking but not having multiplayer working is an incredible bad decision by them.

Lead Dev posted this abou the muliplayer save issue : "I'm having to basically rewrite the system for unlocking characters, tracking their stats, putting that data into saves, and some of the save system. It's about 1% of our codebase (whereas some of the bigger line-items changes the patches so far are maybe 0.005%). It takes time."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Right now I'd say hold off unless you don't mind a bit of the old NES game bullshit. Multiplayer is currently broken with anybody but the host unable to save any progress on a character and its been that way since launch. Difficulty wise it isn't terrible till late in the game when the AI goes off the rails with reading your inputs perfectly, besides that I've really enjoyed it with its flaws. All it needed was another month of play testing and bug fixing, its got some really awesome parts and some really dumb design decisions mostly due to character balance and some having a real rough time out of the gate while others shine all the way through.

Bruno and Rudy are two you have to put time into to see any pay off while ones like Alex/Ryan/Glen/Provie are good out of the gate, there's no hand holding in the game at all and finding the dojo's/shop's will require some guides. Move lists can be a bit confusing and some moves require some tight timing, but good mechanics pays off. The grind is the grind for stat ups and paying for new moves while most characters have around 15-20 moves a piece. They said they have a big patch in the pipe so hopefully that will resolve a good deal of the bugs, nothing game breaking but not having multiplayer working is an incredible bad decision by them.

Lead Dev posted this abou the muliplayer save issue : "I'm having to basically rewrite the system for unlocking characters, tracking their stats, putting that data into saves, and some of the save system. It's about 1% of our codebase (whereas some of the bigger line-items changes the patches so far are maybe 0.005%). It takes time."
Thanks for the info! I definitely plan on getting it, but I'm willing to wait for a sale/bundle. By then they'll likely have worked out the bugs.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'd say wait till a memorial day or summer sale, its definitely a fun game and would be even better with co-op working because it really rewards you for combo coordination. Having an Alex combo an enemy into midair then using Bruno's acrotactics, makes him flip through the air fast, and combo into his luchador air grabs is super fun.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Multiplayer patch is out and works, good deal of bug fixes and the game is in a much better state then when released.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the updates, I've been keeping an eye on this. Probably a future buy, I loved the original.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Plays like the original. I love it. If you liked the original and just want more RCR then this is the game for you.