Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've got 12ish hours in Halls of Torment now, definitely enjoying it. It isn't as smooth as others but I like the gear aspect and the achievement chasing to unlock stuff. Only just unlocked Cleric (as my 4th characters).

I buy most of these unless reviews are really, really terrible. I've even got a few i havent tried yet and another handful wishlisted.

It really is a great Dad genre for quick gaming sessions on a Deck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Picked up Halls of Torment and Slay the Spire during that sale and haven’t touched any other games besides those two. I know I’m late on Slay the Spire but been enjoying the hell out of it too. Both are fun games for me. Anyone can suggest any game similar to Slay the Spire I should try out?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
HoT is great, right now it's biggest weakness is lack of maps/content and skills. They could also do something to add in some more synergy with the skills down the road.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

oh boy. slay the spire launched a million clones as well. we might have a thread on that too? check the indie thread.

I think monster train is one of the more successful.

one of my favorites actually is radically different.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
+1 for yet another zombie survivors.

we have threads for StS and it's more successful imitators like Monster Train, but we do not have a catch all StS clone thread.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Second on "Yet another Zombie survivors". Saw Lirik playing it ad bought it. Very polished and high production value, really liking it so far.

Caliane

the vamp survivor thread hasn't been touched in a while, but this is active, so I'll share this here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
These games are endlessn now...
I added like 4 more to the wishlist today

Honorable mention

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1689722366854.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
There's certainly build options galore in Pathfinder. But how they translate to blowing up screens of mobs- hmmm.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is probably my favorite "new" genre right now. HoT is closest to a "real" game so far, but I do think there's legs here to make something a bit more significant than pure RBH arcade style. I'm hopeful the Pathfinder game does something more than just Vampire Survivors with DnD skin.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
See I was hoping we'd go more trashy and get Among us Survivors and Five Nights At Freddie's Survivors (No Move challenge mandatory)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wonder when Blizzard is going to jump on the bandwagon too.

Diablo Survivors. Purchases additional waves for a small fee. Buy the digital deluxe addition to unlock your 6th weapon slot. Each season all abilities are nerfed by 5% .Phone versions only, don't you have a phone!?

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has there even been a DotA mod for this genre yet? Didn't even think about that and since the Battle Chess thing was so hot I'm surprised it hasn't exploded in all those other companies yet.

Still think HoT is my favorite of this "new batch." Army of Ruin I'm trying to get in to but it just hasn't clicked for me yet. I really dislike Yet Another Zombie but will give it time. It is extremely annoying with the limited visibility and constantly charging mobs who also spit stuff in your face. Very limited upgrade options and paths it feels like. Maybe that's all wrong and as mentioned before, it just hasn't clicked yet for me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has there even been a DotA mod for this genre yet? Didn't even think about that and since the Battle Chess thing was so hot I'm surprised it hasn't exploded in all those other companies yet.

Still think HoT is my favorite of this "new batch." Army of Ruin I'm trying to get in to but it just hasn't clicked for me yet. I really dislike Yet Another Zombie but will give it time. It is extremely annoying with the limited visibility and constantly charging mobs who also spit stuff in your face. Very limited upgrade options and paths it feels like. Maybe that's all wrong and as mentioned before, it just hasn't clicked yet for me.

I'll agree with Zombie, it has high production values which is still rare for this genre, but it's really weak on content. I think they should have had another map, more zombie types, and a few more abilities before going early access. I've seen demo's with more content than this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing Brotato as a PoE Youtuber was sponsored to play it. I like it. Is it still a decent but basic entry to the genre?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been playing Brotato as a PoE Youtuber was sponsored to play it. I like it. Is it still a decent but basic entry to the genre?

Brotato is my most played one, but some don't like it because it lacks the incremental upgrades. But what it lacks in upgrades, it gains in variety with so many different classes, items, and weapons. I also feel some of the games with incremental upgrades are just too easy once you max out. Army of Ruin suffers from this, in the end your build/weapons don't matter as everything steam rolls all content at higher upgrade levels.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of Brotato, I broke one of the new classes. Fisherman lets you buy 1 material bait in shop and its always offered. The monsters bait spawn are brutal early on but if you can power through it, it absolutely snowballs. Ended one run with 1000% damage, 900 harvesting. Sticks hitting for 1k each non crit

20230707220146_1.jpg