Sailing on the Seas of Fate - Plague Ships of Nurgle

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I searched and didn't see a dedicated cruise ship thread. Might be worthwhile to have a thread to share some knowledge and reviews. Anyone else sail on the plague ships? We are hitting Honduras and Mexico in February.

1669506256379.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Last person I heard from that went on a cruise called it a nightmare, but they went on carnival, so ygwyd. Personally I don’t like lots of people, so I’ve never been on a cruise boat with more than 20 people.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last person I heard from that went on a cruise called it a nightmare, but they went on carnival, so ygwyd. Personally I don’t like lots of people, so I’ve never been on a cruise boat with more than 20 people.
Here is my anecdotal info, take it for what you will. I generally do not like people or crowds myself and was really hesitant to get on a boat with lots of people. Wife talked me into a cruise about 10 years ago. I enjoyed the fuck out of it. I could sit on my balcony, look at the ocean going by while reading a book. Our ship carried about 5k passengers but the ship was so fucking large it never felt... like a Trump rally. Also, our cruise line (Royal Caribbean) has a adults only pool area in the fore of the ship and no kids cut down on the crowds immensely.

i love the peace of balcony and enjoying a good book. Also the flowriders (surf simulators) are addicting AF. I spend hours on those things.

All of the above being said, I avoid some cruise lines. I avoid the lines that cater to the poors and I avoid NCL because they cater to the drunken party crowd. Lines that offer free alcohol packages are a no go for me in terms of choosing a cruise line. I am almost emerald on Royal and have never experienced a "Mike Brown" episode unfold.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We sailed Carnival a few times in the 2000s. Never had any issues and I enjoyed every one. Did an Alaska with Holland America for our 10th anniversary in 2014.

Can't say we'd ever go on one again though. Much like our Disneyland trips, it seems like something that is now ruined and we don't have much desire to do anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Funny full turn around. like 2016 or 19 ish we had a similar thread and it was everyone shitting on cruises.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, thought we did have a thread. Anyway, been on a bunch of cruises; I'm diamond+ on RCL and have always enjoyed it. I enjoy the cruises with the most at sea days, since it's just the perfect way to not give a fuck about anything. We did one Carnival cruise, once. Never again. Constantly had fights breaking out on the ship, etc. Bars constantly roped off while they cleaned up blood and shit. I will say the more recent cruises even on RCL just haven't been the same. Waaay more nickel and diming for services and food.

• 1Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
Friend and his wife went on a Virgin cruise last week and said 60% of the boat was gay guys and the shows were all about LGBTQ shit. It wasn’t advertised as a gay cruise. Apparently they have commandeered Virgin cruise line. He also said the “restaurants” were worse than RCL buffet food.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We sailed Carnival a few times in the 2000s. Never had any issues and I enjoyed every one. Did an Alaska with Holland America for our 10th anniversary in 2014.

Can't say we'd ever go on one again though. Much like our Disneyland trips, it seems like something that is now ruined and we don't have much desire to do anymore.
How did you like Holland America?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How did you like Holland America?
It was similar, but the other guests were significantly older. That said, it was also Alaska and not the Caribbean like our Carnival ones.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by people saying they saw fights and shit, or tons of super inebriated people. That's never been my experience. In fact, our first one ended up leaving delayed from San Juan, and so they had an hour or two open bar on one of the nights. Even then I never saw any concerning behavior.

We've generally used the cruises as a method of visiting the ports and doing those on our own. It's less about the ship itself and more the destinations.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was similar, but the other guests were significantly older. That said, it was also Alaska and not the Caribbean like our Carnival ones.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by people saying they saw fights and shit, or tons of super inebriated people. That's never been my experience. In fact, our first one ended up leaving delayed from San Juan, and so they had an hour or two open bar on one of the nights. Even then I never saw any concerning behavior.

We've generally used the cruises as a method of visiting the ports and doing those on our own. It's less about the ship itself and more the destinations.
Same. Especially the Caribbean. There are islamds I enjoyed visiting but would have been disappointed if I had done a week vacation there.

Ps.. Bermuda surpised the shit out of me. Absolutely one of the best places I have been. Beautiful with amazing people.

• 1Like
Same. Especially the Caribbean. There are islamds I enjoyed visiting but would have been disappointed if I had done a week vacation there.

Ps.. Bermuda surpised the shit out of me. Absolutely one of the best places I have been. Beautiful with amazing people.
I have been to Bermuda,. This is where the really rich go. I talked with a pilot of G-6///7? That said he was the back up plane incase the other G7 failed.

Meanwhile. people are living on the streets.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been to Bermuda,. This is where the really rich go. I talked with a pilot of G-6///7? That said he was the back up plane incase the other G7 failed.

Meanwhile. people are living on the streets.
It really is gorgeous. And it seems like the plebian masses tend to overlook it.

1670168821229.png

1670168895010.png

1670168950151.png

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It really is gorgeous. And it seems like the plebian masses tend to overlook it.
IIRC, Bermuda does not have a lot of ships docking there because they really don’t need ships docking there. I’ve not been there yet but Royal Caribbean usually has it on a few itineraries each year, and when we do cruise it’s Royal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IIRC, Bermuda does not have a lot of ships docking there because they really don’t need ships docking there. I’ve not been there yet but Royal Caribbean usually has it on a few itineraries each year, and when we do cruise it’s Royal.
Yeah it's a common stop from NY which is how we ended up there.

• 1Like