Samaritan (2022)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was boring, or at least the middle third dragged. I couldn't take anymore and turned it off halfway through the final fight.

The twist was obvious a mile off, although maybe if Animosity Animosity hadn't spoiled there is a twist I may not have seen it
Same. I saw the twist like 5 minutes into the movie since I knew one was coming.

Movie is fine for a watch. Not sure it's going to be one I go back to though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wanted to like it but it's just not very good. The plot is extremely simple, the twist is both obvious and pointless, the action was slow and had no stakes.

Want a simple action movie, watch extraction which is 1000% more exciting than this.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Better than this
512JNAT06YL._AC_SY445_.jpg

but not by a whole lot. It was ok by the barest of margins, a full C late night cable movie, twist was obvious in the first 5 min as everyone said "Twins" boom.

The bones of a better movie were there, probably on the page but it just didn't make it to the screen.

Fake Edit: I didn't mind it; I liked everyone well enough but it was just so bland. GOT dude was good. Sly looks good for his age but easy on the HGH, my guy. Copland this is not, phoning it is almost at Bruce Willis levels, sorry to invoke his name. You can tell they were taking it easy on him with the action scenes too.

Seems like Sly was the big bet to make this movie something and it didn't work out. Interesting Indy premise with Hollywood stars that got sold to Amazon? Or did they develop it?

Fake Edit 2: It was a Balboa Production, so probably something from Sly I would presume? A search is running. 90% of the people who watched this watched because of his involvement.

Director previously directed Overlord for Bad Reboot, and written as a spec script that then became comic books by Ninjago series writer and picked up for the "screen" when Sly agreed to do it. This is what happens to a movie when the elements don't come together to equal quality. It has to go somewhere. It also started filming right at the WUFLU started in March 2020 and didn't pick back up for 6+ months and has been sitting the shelf for a while. Amazon got it when they bought MGM earlier this year and decided it had to exit some orifice, I mean be released at some point.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed this up until the ending cgi lol. Everything else was predictable but it’s the enjoyable kind when you see bitching being flung like ragdolls.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nothing earth shattering and took time to get going, but worth a watch and zero woke bullshit.

Better than everything in MCU this phase outside of Spiderman

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If a shallower superhero movie exists, I haven't seen it. 4/10, only because I like Sly.

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Even duller than Rambo: Last Blood.

The twist is mildly interesting, but it is also the only possible twist from the narration given in the first two minutes.

Not a terrible second screen option, but probably not worth your attention otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It was ok but pretty forgettable. You saw the twist from a mile away, it was pretty obvious from the first few minutes.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Animosity Animosity how will you atone for ruining this movie by not spoilering the twist?

I sentence you to 10 posts trying to reason with the weight loss thread crew

• 1Worf

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Finally watched it. I'd go with 5/10.
Predictable, slow, very much just felt like someone's dream project come to life. It was Sly, so it was fun to watch... but only once.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes, the twist could be seen from a mile away. the baddies were cartoon bad. the kid scenes were cringe.

but. when Sly says, you think I'm the good guy?????? I"M THE BAD GUY!!! and goes into beast mode. he fucking hammered those fools literally. it was badass and hilarious. it saved this movie from being utterly horrible. that shit was 80s cheese at its finest
it sent this movie from a 2 to a 5 out of ten. if the rest of the film had been better, maybe a better script. i was thinking instead of the kid being the focus to say the dbag's girlfriend being Sly's daughter he had to rescue or something less lame. it could have been much better. either way i dont regret watching this. better than what the MCU is putting out so thats either really bad for the MCU or good on Sly for still being entertaining at his age. i also deeply disagree with this being as bad as the last Rambo. that movie was shitty in comparison.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Just saw it, agree with everyone here. It is nice to see Stallone still putting out fun pop-corn flicks like this. I can’t believe how much HGH he must be taking to maintain his physique. Saw him on the ski slopes this winter and the dude is a beast.
Much better like everyone said than the last few MCU shows

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought this was ok, not upset that I watched it but will never watch it again. Not knowing there was a twist, I still saw it coming a mile away.

Am I the only one that listened to Operation: Mindcrime so much that every time I hear "Dr. Davis, telephone please, Dr. Davis. Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton" I immediately recognize it? It was in this movie too, obviously in the hospital scene. It has to be some sort of free use sound effect.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought this was ok, not upset that I watched it but will never watch it again. Not knowing there was a twist, I still saw it coming a mile away.

Am I the only one that listened to Operation: Mindcrime so much that every time I hear "Dr. Davis, telephone please, Dr. Davis. Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton" I immediately recognize it? It was in this movie too, obviously in the hospital scene. It has to be some sort of free use sound effect.
its been easily over 30 years since i listened to Operation Mindcrime. i didnt get the reference. what song?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The very first one, I Remember Now. It starts immediately when the song does.

ya know, i think ive heard that in other stuff too. i never thought about it before. yeah it must be a generic hospital sound effect. there are tons of them you can listen or purchase off the net. thats pretty cool.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah. I've seen much worse budget "superhero" stuff.. but this is not amazing. 5 or 6/10 maybe.

Some issues:

Sly being too old, and looking goofy.

the main villain is not NEARLY flushed out enough. A good villain is required. And this guy... no powers. no plan. no nothing. All we get is he is antifa or something.
Dude blows up a street corner and knocks out the power. every comes out to see whats up. and just "lets burn down the city". ok, sounds good, lets join you!. instead of reality everyone kicking that guys ass for that shit. "bro, YOU knocked out my power, I ain't joining your fucking gang."
Gets magic hammer, and does nothing with it. budget fx and all.. but show the guy do something incredible with it... make him bulletproof while holding it. something..

the slap fighting... the scream fighting at the end. yelling is not fighting or acting my dude. arrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Bomb truck. how is everyone in that room not dead? Only Sil manages to die somehow... Pretty insane risk with the kid...
Should have had a moment between dying/dead Sil and Cyrus. Cyrus becoming violent and chaotic after she dies, making bad choices.(requiring a Cyrus that had a sound motivation and plan in the first place, for him to fall apart)

Bullets not doing anything. but stabbing works once. and getting hit with a car does as well.

Reporter showing up.. then vanishing from the script.

Opening narration repeated by the reporter iirc. presumably the narration was a late addition?

"Dr. Davis, telephone please" is in ALOT of stuff. Whilhem scream injoke at this point.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the sequel is being made.

• 1Direct to DVD