Scorpions

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Alright, I moved to the Phoenix area about 2 months ago and up until last week we have seen only one scorpion, and it was super tiny and looked like a baby.

The past two days we have found two more in the house, one which was decent size (2 ish inches long) and another tiny one. Once we found the bigger one we decided we needed to do some hunting and bought some black lights and a mallet. In the two nights we have killed 5 outside either on our house or on our brick fence. 2 were on the smaller side, one sorta medium, and two monsters from the depths of hell. Easily 5 inches long and they splattered like crazy. Pretty sure the small and medium ones were bark scorpions at least, not sure about the demon spawns

Now normally I wouldn't be too upset or anything, but we have 3 infants that I don't want to get stung if at all possible. I know we have a few people that live in the American southwest, what do you do to keep the bastards away? I just sprayed some insect killer around the perimeter of our house and yard and ordered some shit called DemonWP which is supposed to help

Hosix

All labs matter!
Alright, I moved to the Phoenix area about 2 months ago and up until last week we have seen only one scorpion, and it was super tiny and looked like a baby.

The past two days we have found two more in the house, one which was decent size (2 ish inches long) and another tiny one. Once we found the bigger one we decided we needed to do some hunting and bought some black lights and a mallet. In the two nights we have killed 5 outside either on our house or on our brick fence. 2 were on the smaller side, one sorta medium, and two monsters from the depths of hell. Easily 5 inches long and they splattered like crazy. Pretty sure the small and medium ones were bark scorpions at least, not sure about the demon spawns

Now normally I wouldn't be too upset or anything, but we have 3 infants that I don't want to get stung if at all possible. I know we have a few people that live in the American southwest, what do you do to keep the bastards away? I just sprayed some insect killer around the perimeter of our house and yard and ordered some shit called DemonWP which is supposed to help

As a person who lives in a scorpion area outside of Phoenix....

Call Seal Out Scorpions - Keep Scorpions Out!

If you own your place they will tighten it up. If you rent? Ask nicely and they will give you the correct chemicals to use. What you got was ok but what you really want is Demand CS and Permethrin Pro. Mixing them in the right portions wrecks those little fuckers. Buy them on Amazon as it's the cheapest. I will do some digging to see if I can find the mixing instructions. Buy yourself a good sprayer, no cheap shit. Don't be the slug who uses his bug spray for weeds too. Get one for each!

I lived in a home that was pretty bad in north Phoenix. We were killing 4 to 6 bark scorpions a night during warm months and at least 1 giant desert hairy scorpion a week. For how ever many you kill? Multiply that times 4 and that is how many you are missing. Get glue traps for the corners of your garage. See light coming in under a door at night? That's how they are getting in.

PM your email and I will try to email the mixing instructions if I find them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For how ever many you kill? Multiply that times 4 and that is how many you are missing.
latest?cb=20151108003822

Hosix

All labs matter!
What really sucks about them? Is that not everything will kill them. Some pesticides have no effect on them at all. The chemicals I listed are super effective when combined.

It's true that you can freeze them and they come back to life. I captured one using tongs and put him in a mason jar. Then into my freezer overnight. Next day he thawed and was fine.

I have yet to be stung but know of several people that have. There is nothing you can do about the pain. You can go to the hospital or call poison control? They tell you to take Advil.

For black widows? Use easyoff for cleaning ovens. It fucks them up.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Best advice I can give you is to do a walk around of your house and check all of your seals/pipes/cracks and lock your house down. Improve your energy bill and pest control at the same time. If your house was built in the last 25 years, it should be fairly easy to secure the house and then leave your exterior the focus of pesticides and proper lawn care.

Every time you find one, remember:
mama_scorpion_by_melvynyeo-d6dzr90.jpg

She's watching.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Best advice I can give you is to do a walk around of your house and check all of your seals/pipes/cracks and lock your house down. Improve your energy bill and pest control at the same time. If your house was built in the last 25 years, it should be fairly easy to secure the house and then leave your exterior the focus of pesticides and proper lawn care.

Every time you find one, remember:
View attachment 1569

She's watching.

Saw that shit once in my backyard. Bitch had her brood on her back and just froze. I used my trusty scorpion smasher, spatula, and wiped out that entire family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
As a person who lives in a scorpion area outside of Phoenix....

Call Seal Out Scorpions - Keep Scorpions Out!

If you own your place they will tighten it up. If you rent? Ask nicely and they will give you the correct chemicals to use. What you got was ok but what you really want is Demand CS and Permethrin Pro. Mixing them in the right portions wrecks those little fuckers. Buy them on Amazon as it's the cheapest. I will do some digging to see if I can find the mixing instructions. Buy yourself a good sprayer, no cheap shit. Don't be the slug who uses his bug spray for weeds too. Get one for each!

I lived in a home that was pretty bad in north Phoenix. We were killing 4 to 6 bark scorpions a night during warm months and at least 1 giant desert hairy scorpion a week. For how ever many you kill? Multiply that times 4 and that is how many you are missing. Get glue traps for the corners of your garage. See light coming in under a door at night? That's how they are getting in.

PM your email and I will try to email the mixing instructions if I find them.
I'll give the Demand CS a try if what I got doesnt work. I was deciding between the two, and both had good reviews. I've already got glue traps and am going to put those down tonight.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Saw that shit once in my backyard. Bitch had her brood on her back and just froze. I used my trusty scorpion smasher, spatula, and wiped out that entire family.
Spiders do that too. I have a pretty good picture of one that I saw at my old house in Indiana.

Last edited:

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'll give the Demand CS a try if what I got doesnt work. I was deciding between the two, and both had good reviews. I've already got glue traps and am going to put those down tonight.

Keep us posted. I survived a year in a scorpion dwelling. I spray religiously and smashed them with my spatula of doom. Feel free to catch one and keep it in a mason jar. They are tough mother fuckers.

If you decide to go the two chemical route let me know. I will find the mixing guide for you. Since you have kids? Be careful spraying inside.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
scratches the SW off retirement list

Haha. I lived out here for 25 years before I ever saw one in person, and a lot of that time was spent in the suburbs right on the edge of the desert.

Then again that streak was broken as soon as my wife and I got our first house. Didn't help that they were newer builds over old orange groves--they love those areas.

OP though, definitely agree with having a home seal done. And either spray with the legitimate stuff as suggested or just pay a professional. You're on the right track by hunting them down but that's extremely tough to keep up with. We've been fortunate every time we've found one and gone black light hunting that no others have turned up, but ever since we sealed and got diligent with spraying we've been totally clear. Our house now is disadvantaged too since most of our neighbors have irrigated lots and when they are flooded, any scorpions head to dry land (re: us and our sprinkler system).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Same here, never seen a single one in my entire time here. All I know is those fuckers are hard to get rid of. Friend has had his house sprayed multiple times for them yet still has problems with them.