Self-Improvement Thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, nofap is retarded. My success started when I started fucking/jerking at least once a day. I probably cum 10-15 times a week.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
nofap reddit sub, i gotta say, reminds me of my high school years when I was in that religious stage....

I get the principle....(mind discipline) but otherwise, nothing else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did it for about a month, increased sensation in penis and the size slightly I found. Just because I think you get more aroused if you have to wait, some people may just have maximum boner at all times though?

It has dimishing returns, I think that going without for a week will probally net you the maximum return.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The biggest improvements to my self and my life came after adopting stringent morning and nighttime routines. Having these routines to bookend my day really helps me keep focused on my goals and somehow makes the chaos of the day more manageable. The most important habit I've adopted is writing in a journal of sorts, 2 or 3 pages of freewriting each morning just to get everything out of my head and onto paper so I can focus. It can be anything, I can write about how much I hate writing in the morning, but typically it is a review of how I did yesterday or a list of all the things I want to get done today and why they matter. After that free-writing, I will write a paragraph or so that I call my Daily Gratitude. I simply write about what I am thankful for at that moment and why. I'm the most cynical, apathetic bastard you'll ever meet, so getting this gratitude out early in the morning is extremely difficult for me, but also extremely important. After that, I write 5 bullets of the 5 most important tasks that I want to get done that day. These are the 5 things that, if I did nothing else, I could look back and say I had a good and productive day. I write in moleskin notebooks so all of this isn't too daunting, but it does take a dedicated 30-45 minutes with my coffee each morning.

Overall, I think self-improvement should be a daily goal to strive for. You just need to focus on getting 1% better each day and make it a habit. That way, in 6 months or a year or 10 years you can look back and say that those 1%'s added up to massive change in your life.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Couldn't you just ditch the 45 mins waste of time and get some shit done? I donno, I have kids. 45 mins writing each morning? Yeah, not gonna happen.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it is a challenge, no doubt. I'm up at 4:30 most mornings so I can get my routine in and be ready to work by 7:00--no kids, thankfully!

The free-writing isn't necessarily about getting anything done, it's more of a defrag that I use to just get everything out of my head and onto paper. Definitely not a luxury everyone can afford, but if I had to pick a single activity of mine that has had the greatest impact on my life, that would have to be it.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Holy hell man, you get up 2h30 before work time? I have one hour for my morning routine and I thought I was taking it slow, you really take it to another level.
Im sure sorting out your plans and looking back on the previous day is nice and all, but so is an extra 90min of sleep! Do you have to deal with some giant commute to get up this early?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't have to report to an office or anything except when I choose to, but I keep a morning routine, too. Up by 5, work out for 45 minutes, 45 minutes reading with OJ and coffee, make breakfast for the family. I also keep a pretty strict bed time ritual. This actually helps me cope with chronic insomnia. My body wants a routine. When I deviate, I sleep less.