Sense8

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I never made it past the third episode and I've tried twice. I really want to like it, but it's so incredibly slow. And being forcefed political correctness during those episodes didn't help either. I mean it's hardly subtle and nuanced and felt too much like a morality lesson. I'll give it another go I guess.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, it's been renewed. I don't think they've given an official release date yet, but it's expected possibly around August.

spronk

FPS noob
is this show worth watching if you got bored after 2 or 3 episodes? I just can't stand any of the characters really and the tranny angle seems too central to each story, which makes more sense now that I know both wachowski's decided to show women how its done

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
is this show worth watching if you got bored after 2 or 3 episodes? I just can't stand any of the characters really and the tranny angle seems too central to each story, which makes more sense now that I know both wachowski's decided to show women how its done
Probably not, it's very much a character driven show, and if you can't stand the characters it will be hard to enjoy even tough it picks up somewhat later on.

I enjoyed it personally and I am looking forward to season 2.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
^Pretty much. Tthe tranny was definitely a bit of a mary sue/self insert type situation and her story got over the top and preachy with the whole hospital scene (as did Sun's story), but other than that I really enjoyed the show. A bit slow and character driven, but I liked that once I got used to it, really enjoyed the characters with different perspectives and watching their growing interconnection.

Only other thing that bugged me is the way they later on describe the sensate's as a completely different species compared to humans, which kinda takes it away from an Eastern philosophy "consciousness is universal" vibe (which is one of the things I liked about the show, the way it integrated those Eastern philosophical themes, much like the Matrix) and more towards a generic "persecuted sub-species with superpowers" thing (also with, as someone mentioned, overtones of an LGBT metaphor).

Also hated the long opening credits - I thought we as a society had agreed to do away with those :/

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I started this the other day...I was surprised how much I like it. Only 7 Episodes in, but really well paced.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I finished and enjoyed it, but season 2 will be the test...If they can make it work then it should be amazing, but I can see a lot of potential for jumping the shark.

And Wolfgang is by far my favorite character.

spronk

FPS noob
is it still a 100% tranny show, i stopped watching when she came on and started talking about tranny rights.. like in episode 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit at politics, shit at late night, and watches shit shows, who would of thunk?

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users