Shōgun

kroenen

Regimen Morum
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 7 Votes
Title: Shōgun

Genre: Drama

Cast: Cosmo Jarvis, Hiroyuki Sanada, Anna Sawai

Overview: In 17th century Japan, shipwrecked British sailor John Blackthorne rises from outsider to samurai, while being used as a pawn in Japanese leader Toranaga's struggle to reach the top of the ruling chain.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't tell from that trailer for sure, but it looks like they combined the characters of Mariko and Fujiko. I hope not, but I could totally see them pulling some shit like that.

Edit: Not seeing a Fujiko in the S01 credits. Not sure if that means they combined her with Mariko or if she just doesn't appear in S01.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I couldn't tell from that trailer for sure, but it looks like they combined the characters of Mariko and Fujiko. I hope not, but I could totally see them pulling some shit like that.

Edit: Not seeing a Fujiko in the S01 credits. Not sure if that means they combined her with Mariko or if she just doesn't appear in S01.
Those aren't characters that should be merged.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those aren't characters that should be merged.

Totally agree. Would be a serious mistake. It looked like Mariko was doing some fighting stuff in the trailer. It's been a few years since I read Shogun, but iirc, Fujiko ended up doing some fighting stuff, but Mariko never did. Could be forgetting things though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, loved the OG series. Just got it on Blu-ray a while back since I hadn’t seen it in forever. Hopefully they don’t fuck this up.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks really good. I am cautiously optimistic because I want this to be really good...

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Sengoku period is one of my favorite moments in human history. I'm super excite for this. Hopefully we get plenty of black DEI actors!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks pretty solid based on that trailer.

I wonder how they handle the torture of the sailors at the beginning of the story.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The Sengoku period is one of my favorite moments in human history. I'm super excite for this. Hopefully we get plenty of black DEI actors!
Don't see why not. The Japanese are well known for their embrace of other ethnicities, especially back then.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here is a video of the history that this historical fiction is based on. Tokugawa Ieyasu is whom the original writer used to model the character of Toranaga after. The book starts shortly before this battle:

(There is a built ~ 1 min add after the intro, he has it timestamped to 2:00 for when the ad ends)

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
loved the 1980s version will definitely check this out, didn't realize it was out already

its on FX too kinda weird, supposed to be crazy expensive. Wonder why HBO didn't snag it

looks like 2 episodes are out already, interesting the 4k HDR sources from torrents are from Disney+

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
loved the 1980s version will definitely check this out, didn't realize it was out already

its on FX too kinda weird, supposed to be crazy expensive. Wonder why HBO didn't snag it

looks like 2 episodes are out already, interesting the 4k HDR sources from torrents are from Disney+
Hulu and Disney+ are the same now.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database