Shark Week

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks shark week has officially jumped the shark?

I remember when it was new, it was cool. Sure, they showed the same shows every year. If you were lucky, you might get one or 2 new ones, but the best ones were always those 2 that were already 10 years old in shark week's first year (one was jaques cousteau, can't remember who did the other one). Now, all of a sudden it's a big deal, I think even other networks are swiping it, and putting out shit. I was afraid shark week was going to consist of a lot of reruns of that shark tagging show where they whined about how mean people are to sharks. But no, compared to the shit I saw last night, that would have been good.

So, am I the only one? Did it just get ridiculous this year, or have I just not been paying close enough attention?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think i only watched first night.

When my GF got all worried about megalodons still being alive and kept saying its based on a real life story! They died on the boat! blahblahblah.

I proceded to facepalm, turn off tv and smack some sense in the woman.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
That reminds me, I was going to watch sharktopus and sharknado in honor of shark week. I expect both to be vastly superior to what I saw last night.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
, turn off tv and smack some sense in the woman.
smack some sense in the woman
in the woman
forum

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watched one show of shark week. the title "Alien Sharks" got me curious. the goblin shark was pretty neat and the six gill shark was awesome looking. though i thought megamouth looked pretty retarded.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"You are 10 times more likely to choke on a hot dog than be attacked by a shark"

Well that's great to know, if we're eating hot dogs. But going to a ballpark, grilling out for a party, or otherwise existing in a hot dog's natural habitat doesn't carry the risk of a hot dog lunging for your head alien facehugger style and trying to lodge itself down your throat.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
My favorite was probably the top 10 most deadly sharks show, where the top 5 most deadly sharks had never actually attacked a human. Then there was the one what lived in the deepest part of the ocean, and if it it bit you it would just take a little circle out of you. Would it kill you? No, not directly, but it sure would suck to be bitten by one!

The last one i saw was about the serial killer shark. I pulled the eject handles after that one.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what did they tag that dived to 6,5k feet before losing signal?

Ima call discovery to know whats up.

Troll_sl

shitlord
"You are 10 times more likely to choke on a hot dog than be attacked by a shark"

Well that's great to know, if we're eating hot dogs. But going to a ballpark, grilling out for a party, or otherwise existing in a hot dog's natural habitat doesn't carry the risk of a hot dog lunging for your head alien facehugger style and trying to lodge itself down your throat.
STOP TURNING ME ON