Sirius XM

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Likes Creed and Christian Rock, hates Pearl Jam - silly kids. Not to mention, if you can't stand PJ it seems weird to not downvote Lithium considering they sneak in a PJ song every hour or so.... [Not to mention how many music reviewers compare Creed to some of Pearl Jam's catalog - something I've taken umbrage to in the past...]
your wife is fat and youre on welfare

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Likes Creed and Christian Rock, hates Pearl Jam - silly kids. Not to mention, if you can't stand PJ it seems weird to not downvote Lithium considering they sneak in a PJ song every hour or so.... [Not to mention how many music reviewers compare Creed to some of Pearl Jam's catalog - something I've taken umbrage to in the past...]
There is a PJ song here and there and then there is an entire channel dedicated to them to include a copious amount of live concerts.

I am driving not trying to reminisce about that one special concert I went to in '96 in Indiana and they played that one song acoustic and every time the chorus came up they stopped singing and let the crowd fill in.....

I hate, hate, hate, hate live music recordings.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
your wife is fat and youre on welfare

1) She's still aiming to lose a few lbs, sure (her goal is 140, she's at 180-190 now - considering she'd been nearly 280 at her peak though I find it hard to say she's fat anymore - not even sure with her frame and breast size that 140 will even be possible, frankly)
2) Negative. Never been in my life - and not even on disability anymore [and when I was I had a full work record to fund it - I got $0 from SSI the "welfare" part of disability] - I did receive Medicaid briefly while applying for disability though - but that 6 months nearly a decade ago is the only remotely close fit to "welfare". Also never applied for unemployment or equivalent either. Since I've been working our net income as a unit has been around $65k/yr ($25k wife, $20k my investment income, $20k my work at home I'm currently doing). Hoping to get a callback on a different work option for myself any day now though that would put us into the $100k range however. (Starting is $55k - with my work vacuum the last decade I didn't angle to start higher than starting obv)

[And note: Pre-Disability our net was around $65k - since investment income was primarily seeded by inheritance a few years ago and my wife basically made nothing back then since she only really did pet-sitting back in those days (thanks, Etsy!) - made good cash for the time invested since she had a VTA cert and all, but she'd literally get booked maybe 3-5 days a month]

Last edited:

Vaclav

There is a PJ song here and there and then there is an entire channel dedicated to them to include a copious amount of live concerts.

I am driving not trying to reminisce about that one special concert I went to in '96 in Indiana and they played that one song acoustic and every time the chorus came up they stopped singing and let the crowd fill in.....

I hate, hate, hate, hate live music recordings.

I'm usually the same on live recordings with a few exceptions (PJ, Floyd and Garbage are the only "current" bands I've enjoyed their live sets consistently) - PJ live really just comes across as tweaked versions of studio though due to how consistent they are. But I get you - PJ Radio isn't an "all the time" thing for me just part of the mix. Although I will say, I generally enjoy their "non-Live" times which isn't much of the day - influences/etc they do at times too.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
1) She's still aiming to lose a few lbs, sure (her goal is 140, she's at 180-190 now - considering she'd been nearly 280 at her peak though I find it hard to say she's fat anymore - not even sure with her frame and breast size that 140 will even be possible, frankly)
2) Negative. Never been in my life - and not even on disability anymore [and when I was I had a full work record to fund it - I got $0 from SSI the "welfare" part of disability] - I did receive Medicaid briefly while applying for disability though - but that 6 months nearly a decade ago is the only remotely close fit to "welfare". Also never applied for unemployment or equivalent either. Since I've been working our net income as a unit has been around $65k/yr ($25k wife, $20k my investment income, $20k my work at home I'm currently doing). Hoping to get a callback on a different work option for myself any day now though that would put us into the $100k range however. (Starting is $55k - with my work vacuum the last decade I didn't angle to start higher than starting obv)
I'm curious what brand of autism you have that you would make a serious response to that post.

PS 180 is fat unless she's 6'5"

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

I'm curious what brand of autism you have that you would make a serious response to that post.

Never been tested, but I'm sure I'm on the spectrum somewhere - whenever I see comments of X person being autistic because of Y action - I often relate.

PS 180 is fat unless she's 6'5"

With DD's and heavy bone structure? To each their own - even her docs have only suggested her aiming for 160 for a "healthy weight" to target for her.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

[And note: Pre-Disability our net was around $65k - since investment income was primarily seeded by inheritance a few years ago and my wife basically made nothing back then since she only really did pet-sitting back in those days (thanks, Etsy!) - made good cash for the time invested since she had a VTA cert and all, but she'd literally get booked maybe 3-5 days a month]
haha youre poor

Vaclav

Shrug, just speaking factually - before she got fat she would show ribcage in a swimsuit.... and was 160 at the time... (And I'm not sure of bra size then since we weren't dating yet, but I would guess she was a C at the time - I'm positive smaller regardless)

Vaclav

haha youre poor

Poor is entirely relative isn't it? I buy everything I want and still have tons going into savings each month. When I was a kid I could blow through $10k in a week and still have tons of wants, I did feel poor then.

Now being older and earning approx $5k/mo while having expenses around $2k/mo but not wanting for anything I certainly feel wealthier - even though I'm actually earning approximately the same amount.

Not to mention by the "total in the bank" metric I doubt anyone would consider me poor, but I do try to not touch anything but the interest on the investments - and do reinvest from my on hand cash when I've got a surplus. (Or in some cases buy silly big things - like we're considering an 18" boat as a celebration if I do get the new job)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
there's a new 2000's emo channel which I'm pretty into, it's currently on Limited Edition 2. only streaming i think.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Used to have sirius for Howard Stern but the show turned to shit. Also Opie is horrible now without Jim/Anthony.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep Sirius for Lithium and when I get bored of Alice In Chains I hop around. Yeah, sound quality is meh, but there's enough variety that I keep calling and threatening to quit for the forever intro rate.

And NFL Network. Never thought I would like hearing what Brady Quinn has to say but I actually do.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I keep Sirius for Lithium and when I get bored of Alice In Chains I hop around. Yeah, sound quality is meh, but there's enough variety that I keep calling and threatening to quit for the forever intro rate.

And NFL Network. Never thought I would like hearing what Brady Quinn has to say but I actually do.

I set up the app on my phone and stream that over Blutooth instead now. sound quality is perfect and you get all the channels that they don't include on the satellite version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
these MFers autobilled me into a normal monthly recurring subscription even though I had previously called them and told them no and to remove my CC info. called to bitch them out and get the charges pulled and they pull a bunch of other shady shit, like using wording that implies if i cancel my service I won't be able to use "radio in my car." gotta keep an eye on these weasels.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate that my wife uses them. Just garbage that had a useful window of only a few years. Now why bother with phone streaming to car that you can pick better playlists off youtube or whatever than you will for xm. (At least for me I like EDM/Techno kinda thing the most, and they had 5 channels, down to 4, of which only 2 maybe half the time anything interesting to listen to.) I imagine for someone liking a broader genre it might be a bit better, but again just save or stream from phone or even old school mp3 with your favorites.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hate that my wife uses them. Just garbage that had a useful window of only a few years. Now why bother with phone streaming to car that you can pick better playlists off youtube or whatever than you will for xm. (At least for me I like EDM/Techno kinda thing the most, and they had 5 channels, down to 4, of which only 2 maybe half the time anything interesting to listen to.) I imagine for someone liking a broader genre it might be a bit better, but again just save or stream from phone or even old school mp3 with your favorites.
I live in the hills of North Carolina and streaming is not an option. There are plenty of dead spots for miles and miles all over the place.

I don't listen to music enough to spend the time necessary to create a specific playlist that won't get boring.

Sirius is perfect for having a ton of options at all times with reception everywhere I can see they sky.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
these MFers autobilled me into a normal monthly recurring subscription even though I had previously called them and told them no and to remove my CC info. called to bitch them out and get the charges pulled and they pull a bunch of other shady shit, like using wording that implies if i cancel my service I won't be able to use "radio in my car." gotta keep an eye on these weasels.
Yeah, they are giant pieces of shit if given the chance. I have a reminder that pops up a week before the new rate would kick in and I call them and just straight up tell them to cancel my service. Removing a card or saying no to renewal doesn't do shit, ever. You have to cancel. Of course, I'm usually just angling to spend 30 minutes refusing the shitty plans they offer me until they get back to the $5 a month one I've had all along, which I then renew for another 6 months. Occasionally they don't offer that to me, so I just flat out cancel it right then and there and wait a month or two for the $5 offer to come in the mail.

Also, am I the only one that gets SUPER rustled that every goddamn promotional email they send starts with "PLEASE DON'T IGNORE!" in the title? That's just a green light to the trash button right there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With DD's and heavy bone structure? To each their own - even her docs have only suggested her aiming for 160 for a "healthy weight" to target for her.

I know I'm necro'ing here but what is the deal with people using breast size like that? They're mostly just big sacks of fat. If you burn weight you burn off boob size. That is like a dude saying "I can't get below 150 because I wear a size 48 pant."

Vaclav

I know I'm necro'ing here but what is the deal with people using breast size like that? They're mostly just big sacks of fat. If you burn weight you burn off boob size. That is like a dude saying "I can't get below 150 because I wear a size 48 pant."

Shrug - not sure it's the quickest burned for everyone - she's not skinny yet - but she's down roughly 100 from her max weight she's hit in her lifetime - and her breast size has only possibly gotten larger. (Measured at a new store)