Skull and Bones

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just received a closed beta invite for this, for Aug. 24th.
keep us informed. this is one of those games that i REEEAAAALLLY want to be great, and it should be easy for it to be great, except the reality of it is that i can't see how it won't be trash

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
keep us informed. this is one of those games that i REEEAAAALLLY want to be great, and it should be easy for it to be great, except the reality of it is that i can't see how it won't be trash
It's enjoyable from my play time.

You're a ship captain. All combat is ship based, ships are classed like MMORPG characters. Tank, DPS, Support. Go to a port, get quests, go kill ships for loot and to finish quests, hunt animals in your dhow, locate treasure at the ports (no landing at non-ports so far). You can also trade commodities between ports for extra silver, and get the best price for your loot.

Character customization is mostly through outfits, but there is a good amount. It's broken down between Hat, Head, Neck, Coat, Gloves, Rings, Pants, Belt, Shoes, Tattoos/Scars.

Boat customization: deciding which cannons to place in which spots. Some ships have 3 slots, fore, port, starboard, and some have the additional aft cannon slot. You also have two (on my ships at least) accessory slots, which give you bonuses, like Certain cannon type reloads faster, or faster acceleration at the cost of stamina. Also hull armor. Cannons and hull armor help define ship level, so level 2 cannons increase your ship level more than level 1 cannons, etc.
Sail color, pattern, emblem. Boat color, and decorative accessories, ship pet like a lemur.

Overall between what I played yesterday and today, I had fun. Ship combat is soloable as long as your ship level is comparable to your targets, even if you're 1 below, but you'll have a bad time trying to fight level 9s at level 4, you don't deal enough damage. Also if you get jumped by like 3-4 ships, you have to get good shots or get lucky.

20231217173912.jpg

20231217173921.jpg

20231217200700.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user