Smartphones

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Just to follow-up, the heat issue I was discussing has more to do with the charger than the phone. And specifically some of the cheaper chargers.

For instance, I have the Moto 360, and it's normal charger works perfectly fine with it, no real heat at all. But I also have a Qi charger I have for just in case I'm travelling and need to top up, and it tends to get really hot.

So just mostly a "be careful when you are Qi charging".

To change the subject, I got a Nexus 6 on Craigslist for a really good price...holy moly it is a nice phone.

So freaking smooth. Now I just need to convince Sprint to cancel my crappy service, been fighting with them about the ETF due to the shitty data and dropped calls I have.

My wife won't even talk to me on the phone (semi-bonus).

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just to follow-up, the heat issue I was discussing has more to do with the charger than the phone. And specifically some of the cheaper chargers.

For instance, I have the Moto 360, and it's normal charger works perfectly fine with it, no real heat at all. But I also have a Qi charger I have for just in case I'm travelling and need to top up, and it tends to get really hot.

So just mostly a "be careful when you are Qi charging".

To change the subject, I got a Nexus 6 on Craigslist for a really good price...holy moly it is a nice phone.

So freaking smooth. Now I just need to convince Sprint to cancel my crappy service, been fighting with them about the ETF due to the shitty data and dropped calls I have.

My wife won't even talk to me on the phone (semi-bonus).
How do you like the N6? Is the pink tint when when the screen dims much of an issue for you? How's battery life? You might want to keep an eye on the back cover, as it apparently has a tendency to separate from the phone.

I fought with sprint a while back about an ETF when I ditched them for straight talk. I had checked my status online and it said I was out of contract and eligible for an upgrade, but when I canceled my line they tacked a $300 ETF to my parents' bill (I was on their family plan). I called them up and bitched about it, but they said that my account status was incorrectly listed as out of contract online and I was fucked. My dad called them the next day and he was told that if they carried the line for one more month and I gave my phone number back, Sprint would drop the ETF since my parents had been customers for so long. Fine, pain in the ass but I'd save some money. Next month I cancel and the next bill has a slightly smaller ETF. I call Sprint again and complain again and am essentially told to fuck off and pay the ETF, they have no record of offering any deal. At that point I'm no longer willing to deal with it, inform the rep that they will never get my business back and hang up. Never dealing with those fuckers again.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So, it looks like I'll be opting for the OPO once my tax return comes in. Any of you still sitting on invites for the 64GB model?

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
How do you like the N6? Is the pink tint when when the screen dims much of an issue for you? How's battery life? You might want to keep an eye on the back cover, as it apparently has a tendency to separate from the phone.

I fought with sprint a while back about an ETF when I ditched them for straight talk. I had checked my status online and it said I was out of contract and eligible for an upgrade, but when I canceled my line they tacked a $300 ETF to my parents' bill (I was on their family plan). I called them up and bitched about it, but they said that my account status was incorrectly listed as out of contract online and I was fucked. My dad called them the next day and he was told that if they carried the line for one more month and I gave my phone number back, Sprint would drop the ETF since my parents had been customers for so long. Fine, pain in the ass but I'd save some money. Next month I cancel and the next bill has a slightly smaller ETF. I call Sprint again and complain again and am essentially told to fuck off and pay the ETF, they have no record of offering any deal. At that point I'm no longer willing to deal with it, inform the rep that they will never get my business back and hang up. Never dealing with those fuckers again.
So I haven't noticed a pink tint...I'll have to take a closer look. Maybe my eyes just suck. Battery life is good, not amazing. But it's a freaking quad HD 6 inch screen. Wasn't expecting amazing battery life. To be honest though? with the Qualcomm Tubo Charger tech, TOTAL non-issue. I can charge the thing so fast it could die in 3 hours and I wouldn't care.

And the back cover separation is so far not an issue.

As for Sprint...the last time I was on the phone (last weekend), they told me they were going to give me a $25 credit to my bill for my issues and monitor my phone and give me a call back in 3 days.

Neither of which happened.

They are bitches, and they kept saying "we are upgrading your area, that's the issue". Well the upgrades happened the call quality still sucks and their version of LTE is slow as balls.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Edit: Just read up on the pink issue, I don't think I've ever had any phone set to less than 1/3 screen brightness and had adaptive on. I typically do 50-75% with adaptive. So probably won't ever see it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a Nokia 930 windows phone and I hate it, but it's free. I can not send or recieve a text. Any ideas? The sms number is right for AT&T.

Anything else I should. Been sendint text for a few days wondering why everyone was ignoring them. I can get with the IT guy tuesday since he's out of town, but any quick things I could look at?

I can't imagine it's disabled or whatever on the account because they specifically went into the phone was for personal use as well since there was no reason to carry two phones.

Borzak

Trying to locate those now. Hate this phone.

Found it but don't know really what I am looking for., it has data connection = on.

The only thing I found online was to try texting your own phone number which does nothing as well.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Trying to locate those now. Hate this phone.

Found it but don't know really what I am looking for., it has data connection = on.

The only thing I found online was to try texting your own phone number which does nothing as well.
Welcome to Windows Mobile. It's a hunk of shit and I'm so glad I finally got rid of my 920. It's an incredible piece of hardware (mine is over 2 years old, but still loads websites and apps just as quickly as my Moto X) and the best camera I've ever owned on a phone (I still use it as a camera to this day), but the OS is awful.

Anyhow, my phone used to do this frequently. Usually, I was simply unable to receive MMS, but it also happened with SMS. Try deleting texting threads, unless you have things in there that you simplymustsave. I'd advise saving them and then deleting them. Windows Mobile often gets "hung up" at times if somebody texts you something that doesn't completely send or receive. It'll cause the thread to "hang", until you delete it. Failing that, you can download an app called "Mobile Network+", I think? It's .99c and should allow you to mess with the APN settings enough so that you can "reset" your data access point.

Borzak

LOL I'm not spending .99. Let the company fix it they can reimburse me for my phone. Just thought I could do a quick something before Monday.

I wish I could disable the button to operate the camera. I have 200 pictures taken in the first week from using it while taling on the phone. The proximety sensor seems to have a mind of it's own. The screen goes blank off and on at times and then stays blank.

Borzak

It has basic settings. I don't know shit about phones or APN, but they have a settings deal for it.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just an MVNO on Sprint and T-Mobile. Kind of half assed if they are really trying to compete with ATT and Verizon.
I view it as testing the waters and if it takes off, the first step to buying sprint or tmobile but I could be way off base there. I'm sure they are not going to do the bull shit of throttling and bandwidth caps, which will provide more pressure for all carriers to stop with that shit.