Soccer 2014 - 2015

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pks - You were claiming the lack of spending prevented the team from competing and Ossoi's points aside, that statement is patently false. Both the chart I listed and the silverware total during that period completely contradicts your statement. Just because ManU can't spend at the same level as another COUNTRY's sovereign wealth fund or a Russian billionaire doesn't mean that they are at a disadvantage vis-a-vis everybody else.

Dr. - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Fulhum, LFC, and ManU are owned by Americans. ManCity is owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family, Chelsea is owned by a Russian, Southampton is owned by a German. Think the rest then are owned by Brits but would have to go team by team to be sure.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's specifically between 2005-2012
Oh, you mean when UTD won 1 CL, got to another final and won some league titles, the most recent of which was 2012-2013 (outside your little pity me era)

You are a complete cretin.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Just because ManU can't spend at the same level as another COUNTRY's sovereign wealth fund or a Russian billionaire doesn't mean that they are at a disadvantage vis-a-vis everybody else.
His whole pity show is about being unable to compete - and he cites teams outside of England that have extremely limited competition in their domestic leagues - Barca/RM can outspend everyone else in la liga because of a horrible TV deal, Bayern Munich continually raid their closest rivals of the best players (besides, go look at Bayerns spending over the last few seasons - it's similar to UTDs), and PSG obviously have the finances to crush the rest of their league (Monaco aside, but Monaco lack the huge fanbase and commercial appeal of PSG).

Yes City and Chelsea can compete/outspend UTD (AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PL - which PKS ignores), but at least we have a semblance of competition. And if LFC can come back from the brink of administration to competing for the league, without the benefit of major signings (reinvesting ?50m from selling their star striker to mmmm Chelsea) and whilst losing their star player to La Liga) then I'm fairly sure UTD with their massive commercial deals can compete without UTD fans mistaking this thread for Oprahs couch.

PKS

N00b
Oh, you mean when UTD won 1 CL, got to another final and won some league titles, the most recent of which was 2012-2013 (outside your little pity me era)

You are a complete cretin.
His whole pity show is about being unable to compete
Incorrect, as usual for you. Do you not feel embarrassed when you call someone an idiot, yet have the inability to prove a single point?

It's every right as a United fan to complain about the Glazer economics. The fact you tried to counter this with such retarded statements like "but Glazers grew revenue streams!!" "utd historically outspent everyone before!!" "last season started spending again!!" "they still won trophies anyway!!" just shows how inept you are at grasping a simple concept that the Glazers stifled Uniteds reinvestment potential which eventually ended up with the squad they had last season. I'm sure I can find a string of posts from you or Brando rubbishing how poor United's squad is, how badly they'd need to buy several players to get back to a high level!

And now this, your final droll point: "he says united couldn't compete!" - bzz. False. No where did I say that. It's a fact that United could always compete for leagues domestically, they had a genius manager with a large squad at his disposal. Not a great large squad, many mediocre players and others who were ageing. Such a squad needed even more reinvestment, to maintain the heights of 2006/7/8 era. United went from being dominant in Europe to exiting the Europa league and now, not even qualify for it. It's undeniable. But, since Ferguson was there making things competitive in the domestic league still, the ship didn't sink. How he won the league in 2012/13 with the margin he did, is pure insanity. But hes gone now, and all that was left was a squad in shambles.

But by all means, continue to prove your inability to read and bring forth your pro Glazer arguments. Such a great take on club economics!

--
Brando you also failed to read what I wrote. I never said they were unable to compete in general. I was specifically focusing on a small hole in the cabinet: United haven't won the FA Cup since 2004. My first post clearly states this. Maybe the follow up one which says "cups" could be interpreted as cups in general (premier league), but I assumed you knew what I meant considering I spelled it out clearly in the post you emboldened.

And to be fair to you, it might be that SAF lowered the respect for the FA Cup, given fixture congestion or desire to win. It's maybe a stretch to state that if United reimbursed in key areas to maintain a strong starting XI (ie like for like replacements for Keane, Scholes, Ronaldo, decent cover for aged Giggs, etc), they might have fared better in the knockout fixtures against top clubs. But that's just me. It's not an important area of discussion regarding United. The evidence for my point is the 7th place finish last season, and that alone is enough to complain about the Glazer finances since 2005.
That chart you listed was evidence that United could compete and spend money strongly, but also that a smaller club like LFC were outspending United whilst earning half as much!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That chart you listed was evidence that United could compete and spend money strongly, but also that a smaller club like LFC were outspending United whilst earning half as much!
You can't even read, UTD are third in the chart, behind City and Chelsea - LFC are 5th...so where do you get outspent from? Are you being a complete cretin and only looking at the first column? Further proof that you're a complete idiot and not worth bothering with.

And my points are not about defending the Glazers - your whole argument is that if UTD didn't have interest to pay, then they'd be able to spend more than they have done. Brando and I are pointing out that interest or not, UTD spending has still been higher than everyone else in the PL bar City/Chelsea. I've also pointed out that UTD have still been able to win trophies.

You also cry about not being able to compete vs Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, etc. Go and look at Bayerns transfer history over the last 4-5 seasons, it's roughly similar to UTDs and their record transfers are similar. Same with Barcelona, if you exclude the ridiculous Ibrahmovic deal, the shady Neymar deal and now Suarez, then their next record buy was Villa at ?34m, Alves at 31m and then Marc Overmars years ago at 26m

I'm not sure what your argument is - that if it wasn't for the interest then UTD could have spent more and thus won more? (more than the 4 PL titles and 1 CL since 2005?). Wouldn't that just drive transfer fees up even more, having a third English team that could spend obscene amounts in comparison to the rest of the league?

The Premier League is great because we actually have a semblance of competition - did anyone predict LFC going from 7th to 2nd last season? You seem to be a massive hypocrite by crying about Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc whilst secretly hoping that without interest payments your team would establish similar levels of domestic dominance - where's the fun in that?

I would highly suggest you actually read some related football finance blogs before you talk. According to andersredthe andersred blog

"supporters should not become too excited about the prospects of a debt free Manchester United. The club has made it clear on its IPO roadshow that it doesn't expect to spend more on transfers than it has historically." <--- which makes your fantasy land of a non-Glazer UTD going out and spending 200m on Messi laughable.

Where are you from? You don't write like someone from England, let alone Manchester. Just another gloryhunting moron that decided to latch onto the team that was winning when he discovered "soccer" and is now trying to act like he bleeds UTD

PKS

N00b
I love that you think you are an authority on Football, so, you can just talk nonsense and assume you're correct and bash anyone you disagree with. Any idiot can watch football and formulate opinions, for as many years as they like. You're living proof.

Is that all you have to say for yourself after your previous failed attempts of proving a point? That, above all, it's fairer on the league if United are handicapped? Is that it? That's all you've got to say for yourself? That the fans should just suck it up because it's fairer on smaller clubs like Liverpool? ROFL. Well, too bad- the handicaps are nearly off. And no, the point is more that the handicaps did result in squad we saw last season!

And your final attempt at jab finances. AndersRed is a great source of information regarding all of the above. He's a staunch hater on the Glazer economics (notice he ends every post with LUHG), written many articles there addressing how badly the interest has handicapped the team and how poor the Glazers are for the club. I've read everything he's got and the fact you've taken an excerpt from one of his articles, out of context, to some how suggest a debt free United without Glazers being unable to spend money MORE money... laughable. Pitiful.
Even AndersRed has said the complete opposite: Heres the last 3 tweets from AndersRed that completely show you to be the most uninformed, vitriolic rival fan I've ever come across.
rrr_img_71297.png

Look at how weak you finally make yourself look: "Oh he might not be from England! He's just a glory hunter who found soccer in the last few years!". Grow a pair you pussy, we both know you've run out of arguments to make and you're now going to descend down to the "I'm born 5 miles from Liverpool, my argument means more!! PLEASE! IT DOES!"
Please. Stop embarrassing yourself.

PKS

N00b
More excerpts from the article you posted, which simply reiterate everything I was saying. Since, you've cited him as a credible source of information of course.

None of this make the Glazers good owners for Manchester United. It will take many years before the club makes enough in profits to compensate for the huge costs incurred. If it wasn't for Fergie's miracle work United could have followed Liverpool or even Leeds down the slippery financial slope. However, in light of the rapidly improving finances, the terms of the debate on ownership will inevitably change. The costs will have been incurred (I estimate total costs from the Glazer structure will top ?1bn by 2016) but they will start to become an unpleasant historical footnote
And that's it. Fergie had to steer the ship, he still managed to win trophies and United still were able to spend just about enough money along with it. Understand? No, of course you don't.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
United have been trailing behind in this regard compared to Bayern, Madrid, Barca, City, PSG,
United have revenue streams to match the teams I listed, but because of the debt interest repayments, they do not have the means to compete with those type of teams on the transfer market.
Barcelona: Top 10 most expensive signings

Manchester United transfers: Top ten most expensive signings - Manchester Evening News

Most Expensive Transfers German Bundesliga Soccer/Football

Bayern Munichs record signing was Javi Martinez at ?31m (current exchange rate), then Goetze at ?29m and then Gomez at ?23m.

Looking at those lists, there is no way UTD can be described as "trailing". Which was totally the point I was making in my first reply - interest or not, UTD have not been deprived of sufficient transfer funds to compete. As backed up by the spending records of other clubs AND the success UTD has had. City/PSG are exceptions because they are owned by Oligarchs. Real Madrid is another outlier because of the shady way they are structured for tax purposesHow tax break gives Real Madrid and Barcelona an unfair edge - European - Football - The Independent

Heres the last 3 tweets from AndersRed that completely show you to be the most uninformed, vitriolic rival fan I've ever come across.
That's rich, coming from the guy that is blaming interest payments for UTD's awful performance last season, and not Moyes, or Ferguson for a) recommending Moyes b) investing all his energy into reclaiming the title in his final season without a thought for the squad he'd leave behind.

And that's it. Fergie had to steer the ship, he still managed to win trophies and United still were able to spend just about enough money along with it.
So your argument is, UTD spent enough money - thanks for agreeing with me, debate over.

I"I'm born 5 miles from Liverpool, my argument means more!!"
Born and raised in Liverpool itself actually, childhood home was 5 miles from Anfield stadium itself.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
I'm not the one who tried to argue that LFC net spend of ?17m was higher than UTD net spend of ?27m LOL.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So is this what this thread is usually like with this bickering? Is United the Dallas Cowboys of the PL? I need to know who to hate.

PKS

N00b
Looking at those lists, there is no way UTD can be described as "trailing". Which was totally the point I was making in my first reply - interest or not, UTD have not been deprived of sufficient transfer funds to compete. As backed up by the spending records of other clubs AND the success UTD has had. City/PSG are exceptions because they are owned by Oligarchs. Real Madrid is another outlier because of the shady way they are structured for tax purposesHow tax break gives Real Madrid and Barcelona an unfair edge - European - Football - The Independent

I'm not the one who tried to argue that LFC net spend of ?17m was higher than UTD net spend of ?27m LOL.
What a fail: you just compared clubs top transfers. What the fuck.

Over 2005/6 - 2011/12
Club: Total net expenditure over this period
United: ?101.05
Bayern: ?174.15
Barcelona: ?231.35
Liverpool: ?152.8
All courtesy of transfermarkt.com

No need to bother with Madrid or Oil clubs, figures would get too wild.
But yes, that definitely United means were trailing behind. So, yet again, you are wrong.
I have no idea what source Brando was using, but it it's in contradiction with tmarkt.com, which appears more or less accurate from what I can tell.

So your argument is, UTD spent enough money - thanks for agreeing with me, debate over.
No, you illiterate fool. Point is they spent the bare minimum required, along with Ferguson, to stay afloat. Yes they won trophies - again Ferguson - but in the long run its cost the club ?700m interest/debt repayments, an eventual ?1billion by the time the debt cleans, and in our opinion, the situation with a poor squad last season.

What club would want to run a massively risky strategy such as this? The club's debt could have severely dismantled the club, and what if Ferguson might have retired in the early 2000's? How many trophies could they have won with Moyes at the helm in those years with no chance of being as big a spenders as the clubs I mentioned? You have no legs to stand on here, fuck off already.

2. I know you are a local born from Liverpool, hence I said it - you still act like it means something to any of the arguments. It's pitifully weak logic.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I have no idea what source Brando was using, but it it's in contradiction with tmarkt.com, which appears more or less accurate from what I can tell..
Translation: My source supports my argument therefore it must be true!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can't believe I'm even having this debate.

1. No other PL club is paying their star player ?300k a week.

2. UTD have the second biggest wage bill in the PLChelseas wage bill overtaken by Manchester United for first time since 2004 - Premier League - Football - The Independent?233m for City, ?182m for UTD vs ?179m for Chelsea and ?132m for Liverpool

3. The world's top 12 best-paid sports teams by average first-team salaryManchester City's wage bill is highest in world sport - Telegraph

1 (1) Manchester City: Premier League ?5,337,944 (?102,653)
2 (5) New York Yankees: MLB ?5,286,628 (?101,666)
3 (2) Los Angeles Dodgers: MLB ?5,119,701 (?98,456)
4 (3) Real Madrid: La Liga ?4,993,393 (?96,027)
5 (4) Barcelona: La Liga ?4,901,327 (?94,256)
6 (16) Brooklyn Nets: NBA ?4,485,019 (?86,250)
7 (9) Bayern Munich: Bundesliga ?4,402,905 (?84,671)
8 (12) Manchester United: Premier League ?4,322,251 (?83,120)
9 (19) Chicago Bulls: NBA ?3,985,706 (?76,648)
10 (8) Chelsea: Premier League ?3,984,536 (?76,626)
11 (15) Arsenal: Premier League ?3,901,923 (?75,037)
12 (20) New York Knicks: NBA ?3,862,191 (?74,273)

A higher wage bill than Chelsea, a fraction lower than Bayern Munich and ?10-12k a week lower than Barcelona/Real Madrid.

CLEARLY MANCHESTER UNITED ARE TRAILING MASSIVELY BEHIND THEIR RIVALS.

DEBATE OVER.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So is this what this thread is usually like with this bickering? Is United the Dallas Cowboys of the PL? I need to know who to hate.
Nah, Uniteds actually been good this past decade. Liverpool are much more similar in that they had a period (decades) of dominance, but haven't won the league in over 20 years. So basically, the Cowboys without all the hot women around!

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am also interested in this information. Still undecided on who to root for and I can't be rooting for the Cowboys of the EPL.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I am also interested in this information. Still undecided on who to root for and I can't be rooting for the Cowboys of the EPL.
I don't know anything about the Cowboys, but I've heard it said that Man Utd are like the Yankees and LFC are like the Red Sox. LFC are owned by the same people as the Red Sox, and the hope is that LFC will win the title after years of waiting under their ownership.