Sons of the Forest

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sent to find a missing billionaire on a remote island, you find yourself in a cannibal-infested hellscape. Craft, build, and struggle to survive, alone or with friends, in this terrifying new open-world survival horror simulator. February 23, 2023

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is out in about a day and a half. Kind of interested in it, but fearing that it'll be too short to be worth buying or especially making 5+ other people buy and play with me.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its being released in "Early Access" for only 30 bucks, so I'm willing to give it a shot. They definitely did a great job with the first game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They definitely did a great job with the first game.
Yeah I loved the incredibly riveting gameplay of hauling logs, then hauling logs, then hauling some more logs. and also random cannibals, then haul some more logs.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I loved the incredibly riveting gameplay of hauling logs, then hauling logs, then hauling some more logs. and also random cannibals, then haul some more logs.
Its everything I could've asked for!

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Today is the day of the second coming. I have high hopes for this, the first one was a sublime co-op experience.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did any other games release just now? Steam died immediately after release. Still dead now after 40 min. Maybe this is more popular than I expected.

1677177581718.png

1677177628527.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm in europe, maybe it's location related. We are 3 people having the same problem. Can't even add other games, all of Steam died.
Nah I'm in the US and its eating a fat dick atm.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oof finally got it and it feels rough right off the bat. No dedicated server client, I went to rebind a key and couldn't set a key and it counted down to 0 then kept going negative. Couldn't exit the rebind key menu and had to alt-f4.

Also, for fucks sake game devs stop enabling film grain, motion blur and chromatic aberration by default.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I'm liking it so far, world looks pretty great. The backpack system instead of quickslots is taking some getting used to, and if your kink is log hauling they got you covered. Crafting, cooking, inventory, building, storage, all of the systems. It's all in the worldspace and not in menus, they have really expanded the intent of the first game and it works well once you figure out the basics. The guide book can place blueprints to play fill in the blank.

By far the biggest improvement is the gps/map. poi's, cave entrances, objectives all pinned.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Sweet bug, pick up a stick and couldn't access any menu or do anything else.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Of course. There's actually chairs made of human parts and the seat is made out of a butt.

"Beat" the game today. Not a story game, just a builder game tbh. Probably like 6-10 hours of story if you really wanted to do it. Can do it all without ever building a real base too.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user