South Park Stick of Truth

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finished the game, bumped the difficulty to hardcore fairly early but game was still overall easy, other than one part where the trash mobs aoe you for insane damage so if you get initiated on, you pretty much die even if you perfect block everything, kinda weird. Mostly though I was one shotting everything that wasn't a boss with the big fire aoe from the mage class and using the +fire gloves and +fire armor(and whatever for helm, never found one, nor did I find a strap on that increased fire dmg, only gross, lightning and cold).

I missed some stuff though, I got the chimpokomon and every quests I had but I'm missing one entire set(2nd set on 2nd row I think), one piece of one set(witch set) and one weapon(looks like a scepter), and I have a souvenir photo quest item still in my bag that I never used. Not too sure where the stuff I missed is. But eh, great game anyway, lots of really funny shit. Canada was hilarious.
I did the whole game on hardcore; is there much of a difference between normal and hc? I only died on one fight the whole game. The mini-games were way harder than any of the fights.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I did the whole game on hardcore; is there much of a difference between normal and hc? I only died on one fight the whole game. The mini-games were way harder than any of the fights.
The fights are just easier and thus more boring. Anyway this has been a great experience so far apart from some of the more anal quick time events. I especially loved Canada and the underpants gnome bedroom fight, just hilarious, I wish more games would push things beyond the usual boring game mechanics and rehashed storylines. The fights are nothing special but the packaging and atmosphere are just fantastic, I've had a grin on my face most of the way through this.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't really know what's the difference, I bumped it fairly early(I think first time you go to school) and at that point stuff was really easy anyway and didn't really notice a difference. Only the trash mobs in canada actually wiped me, I got tagged by one pack of DIRE wolves and they just aoed both me and my buddy before I got to play a turn. Other than that it was mostly one shotting everything on my main, sometimes requiring my buddy to also do an aoe and that was about it, even bosses were getting 2-3shot by the big fireball attack. But it was alright still, there wasn't too much fighting anyway and you could reduce it further by finding all the environnemantal kills and shit and since it was short fights, I really didn't mind at all.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Doing a second playthrough as Jew and it seems much harder compared to Mage although I'm not very far in.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
On backstab? Only does 1bleed, 2 if you spec for it. You simply need to press the button 3times on the 3 glows then it hits and bleeds. Normal attacks don't bleed unless the weapon specifies it does or you add an upgrade on it that makes it do it. Didn't have a single issue with that, just all the fucking press a random button shown on the screen for half a second ones since I still can't instinctively figure out xbox buttons, which they had like all 4 buttons shown and which one you have to press highlighted.
Oh ok. I assumed that back stab would stack bleed, but clearly that is not the case. Thanks!

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
The Jew class seems a little underwhelming so far.
Jew comes into it's own once you max dreidle. Can pretty much one round everything with that. It doesn't really matter though late game since once you get Kyle you can FTK all trash packs on round one most of the time.

Honestly play whatever. There's a handful of jokes for each, they all have the same basic attacks. The different classes just have different 'flavors' to them. The thief stun steals an item and lasts an extra turn while the jew steal does extra damage and gives the jew an extra turn etc. The jew AE damage causes bleed and gross while the mage AE causes burning and so on.

I would say mage or jew > thief or warrior simply because you get AE's sooner.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Jew actually gets their last one with the plagues that can apply burn(which reduces armor too), gross, bleed and attack down all in one turn as aoe. anything that lives can be finished off with Cartman's ass of fire ability. Bosses with armor could then have a few rounds of circumcision applied to remove other large stacks of armor/add more bleeding. Found it a bit OP, but I highly doubt balance was much of a concern for this game.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Thieves don't get any ae, their main draw is that they can pretty much 1 shot almost anything with backstab if it's stunned first. Which is kind of a bummer as you end up only using 2 abilities for most of the game until you just get bored and start using the others for flavor. But yes it doesn't really matter with this game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Never felt as if I was missing AE either way. Toward the end the Katana was just about one-shotting everything with the 20% increase on 2h damage strap-on and if you're proactive about stunning enemies prior to battle like I was then the lack of AE isn't even an issue.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally managed to take a shit - was satisfying as one would expect.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Never felt as if I was missing AE either way. Toward the end the Katana was just about one-shotting everything with the 20% increase on 2h damage strap-on and if you're proactive about stunning enemies prior to battle like I was then the lack of AE isn't even an issue.
Only point to AE is to apply debuffs which is why Jew and Mage are pretty good in that regard. But yeah, katana is pretty beastly.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Been playing for about an hour and half. God, I fucking suck at block. I think the PS3 version of it really sucks as it lags constantly and even when I hit X at the right time, it still does not block a lot. I have to actually hold down the X.

For the leveling, does it take forever to level in this game, or something? I've taken out numerous, NUMEROUS groups, and I'm still level 2. Is leveling based on completion of quests? I haven't gotten Token, Teek, or whatever (that three).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's mostly quests early on, but xp from combat scale better later I think. As for blocking, I think it's tricky because if you follow the visual cue, it's actually always late, it shows when you're getting hit, not when you need to block. Block has a fairly large time window, like .5secs or so, so you actually need to anticipate the hit and press it before the little shield icon thing pops, works much better that way. It means however you kinda have to guess how fast the attacks are. That said blocking isn't like, super necessary, you'll just end up having to use more debuff removal and/or healing potions if you don't block shit, but you get way too many anyway.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Been playing for about an hour and half. God, I fucking suck at block. I think the PS3 version of it really sucks as it lags constantly and even when I hit X at the right time, it still does not block a lot. I have to actually hold down the X.

For the leveling, does it take forever to level in this game, or something? I've taken out numerous, NUMEROUS groups, and I'm still level 2. Is leveling based on completion of quests? I haven't gotten Token, Teek, or whatever (that three).
You get far more xp from quests than killing shit. There's zero reason to wander around killing stuff randomly also, as main quest will cap you on level regardless.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Only 15? levels and most mobs/fights scale with your level. Almost better off to avoid leveling if possible. Yeah, it's one of ~those~ games.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
The combat really isn't hard anyway, so I don't think there's any need to avoid leveling, plus you get more fun abilities as you level.

I'm looking forward to what they do with DLC.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You get far more xp from quests than killing shit. There's zero reason to wander around killing stuff randomly also, as main quest will cap you on level regardless.
Fucking shit, lol. I spent a long time wandering around specifically trying to level early ala Final Fantasy. @Pyros, thanks. Good to know it's not exactly me, lol.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Only 15? levels and most mobs/fights scale with your level. Almost better off to avoid leveling if possible. Yeah, it's one of ~those~ games.
Yeah, I did a lot of grinding for levels mid-game, not realizing there was such a low level cap. I basically hit the level cap with about 1/4 of the game left to go. The enemies do scale with your level, but getting to level 14 to use the Katana makes it all moot, that weapon totally rapes everything. Combine it with the SWAT helmet that gives you a free attack after killing an enemy, and you can basically mow down every trash mob pack on your first turn without even having to AE.

So yeah, no real use in grinding at all, unless you want to hurry up and get to the katana and be done with worrying about weapon upgrades.