South Park

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't really like/get the first act but it won me over with the Matthew McConaughey shit and the Whacky Racers. Those car ads he did were just terrible. The first time I saw one everyone in the room started ripping on it. I was like, you couldn't possibly need car ad money.

edit - Kennen and Peele is aggressively unfunny.

Turgur_sl

shitlord
I didn't really like/get the first act but it won me over with the Matthew McConaughey shit and the Whacky Racers. Those car ads he did were just terrible. The first time I saw one everyone in the room started ripping on it. I was like, you couldn't possibly need car ad money.

edit - Kennen and Peele is aggressively unfunny.
Are you referring to the part about the cab drivers getting mad about Timmy's new business? I know in Chicago the app "Uber" is extremely popular. It's basically ride sharing where people who do it part-time pick you up. It's cheaper and cleaner than cabs and you can read reviews on the driver you're going to get before you agree to have them pick you up. It's fucking amazing.

The cab companies are lobbying hard against it trying to get taxes and fees imposed on the drivers and shit. Maybe that's where the beginning stemmed from. /shrug

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they have uber here in NJ and in NYC, its the car with the fuzzy lips on the front. yeah it rocks, but cabbies hate it and so do the unions and the suits who want them to cough up taxes on their cabs.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
The taxi commission in St. Louis lobbied to the get the Lyft app disabled in the city and county.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My favorite part of free market capitalism (and really, the entire American Dream) is where you lobby the government to hinder your competition.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I... didn't get it. Yeah I watched Wacky Races as a kid and I'm aware of apps replacing taxis. Only laugh was the retard saying reasonable things.

I didn't like the cripple summer episode either. A bit disappointed as this season has been excellent so far, no in season continuity this episode either other than the one Randy scene at the start.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So do we get to find out where that soft spoken asshole went in the next episode or will it be part of the trilogy?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn't like the cripple summer episode either. A bit disappointed as this season has been excellent so far, no in season continuity this episode either other than the one Randy scene at the start.
I feel the same, I think the biggest weakness in nathan/mimsy is that they are just an updated rocky and mugsy but they weren't even good in the first place and I doubt even 5% of viewers know or remember them. I vaguely remember them from reruns in the 80's how are millenials supposed to relate?

and it's not like the cripples aren't funny one of the best episodes is timmy and jimmy in krazy krips, i mean 4 legs and roller!

spronk

FPS noob
the uber/lyft stuff was ok but predictable, the whacky races shit though was awesome i fucking loved dastardly and muttley as a kid, all those cartoon racing shows with like grape ape and stuff was the shit to veg out with a bowl of cereal

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I have no idea what those characters are based on, they are terrible side characters. Do the episode with a focus on Timmy & Jimmy, the paralympics episode was great. Also you can't have a cripple episode without fucking Cartman in it, they are throwing away laughs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I... didn't get it. Yeah I watched Wacky Races as a kid and I'm aware of apps replacing taxis. Only laugh was the retard saying reasonable things.

Same didn't like either of the episodes with the two cripples driving the story

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure they could give half a fuck about not appealing to millennials for an episode here and there while they get self indulgent with the old 'toon references. Nevertheless, I didn't think the original summer camp episode was that strong either, even though it was a semi interesting concept for me having grown up with those old 'toons. Episode was just ok, taking on the Uber issue isn't terribly exciting but every season has its high and lower moments. Still entertaining, just not as good as the first two.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i loved bugs bunny, looney tunes and whacky races as a kid. i got all the references. i dont think this episode was epic, but the whacky race and the mconaughey digs were great. i also think matt and trey at this point only give a fuck about what they think is funny, which is totally cool with me because i am in their age range.