Spectral (2016)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Spectral

Genre: Thriller, Action, Science Fiction

Director: Nic Mathieu

Cast: James Badge Dale, Clayne Crawford, Max Martini, Emily Mortimer, Ryan Robbins, Bruce Greenwood, Ursula Parker, Gonzalo Menendez, Louis Ozawa Changchien, Jimmy Akingbola, Miklós Bányai, Dylan Smith, James D. Dever, Royce Pierreson, Brian Caspe, Mark O'Neal, Declan Hannigan, Narantsogt Tsogtsaikhan, Tsogbaatar Batzorig, Philip Bulcock, Peter Schueller, Peter J. Chaffey, Filip Watermann, Michael Bodie, Aaron Șerban

Release: 2016-12-09

Runtime: 108

Plot: A special-ops team is dispatched to fight supernatural beings that have taken over a European city.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Good stuff.

Solid B+ movie. No bullshit.
Straight up sci-fi horror action.

I feel like this is what Resident Evil should've been. Or was.
Wish we could have more movies like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks nice but i am assuming the final part will be a gigantic fight scene and a goody happy ending afterwards....which is disappointing.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it more than I expected. Not mind-blowing, but solid all the way around, including effects.

Montage of building weapons with Rocky-like training music made me laugh a little though.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, you guys thought this was actually good? It was a D+ for me. It started off well enough, but when they went on the first raid and the ghost dropped 30 of their guys, i realized this movie had zero nuance and it was going full on in-yo-face Call of Duty bro-style. By the end, it is just comically bad.

It is a shame, because they clearly had the budget to make something cool here. Instead we got some Millennial directors wet dream he has been dreaming up since 8th grade.

Caliane

yeah. ok at best. should have been ALOT better for the budget.
Poor mans screamers/darkest hours. which is pretty sad already.

Video game movie for sure describes.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wasn't a Netflix movie. Was developed and never made it to theater because of production issues, Netflix swept in and bought it for cheap. They had nothing to do with the making Iirc.

Yeah it wasn't bad for a random movie, I was very impressed with the budget spent on effects. The city sets, the wreckage, trucks and gadgets etc. so much B level sci fi right now is just ugly. But this looked great.

Also, I'll give them this, they do something most movies won't do anymore, straight up kill kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This was pretty good. The story isnt the greatest but the action scenes are good, production values are high and the premise is interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database