Spoof sim card location?

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's the deal... I left some money in a foreign bank account and to transfer it out I need to receive an SMS. Not being in that country makes the sim card in my phone useless.

I had a look at using my tablet with the sim card along with Bluestacks to change my location through wifi... but that had no effect.

You guys know a way to spoof my sim cards location so that I can receive the SMS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Here's the deal... I left some money in a foreign bank account and to transfer it out I need to receive an SMS. Not being in that country makes the sim card in my phone useless.

I had a look at using my tablet with the sim card along with Bluestacks to change my location through wifi... but that had no effect.

You guys know a way to spoof my sim cards location so that I can receive the SMS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Short answer is no, the SIM needs to see towers that it can talk to, it isn't about where it is on a map but whether there is a tower involved.

I would look into a temporary VOIP number that can accept SMS like maybe whatsapp or google voice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Short answer is no, the SIM needs to see towers that it can talk to, it isn't about where it is on a map but whether there is a tower involved.

I would look into a temporary VOIP number that can accept SMS like maybe whatsapp or google voice.

I'd guess it needs to verify the # on file like 2-factor authentication, so getting a new # won't work. It needs to be that number.

If it could just be any # it'd be pretty worthless verification wouldn't you say?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'd guess it needs to verify the # on file like 2-factor authentication, so getting a new # won't work. It needs to be that number.

If it could just be any # it'd be pretty worthless verification wouldn't you say?
True, didn't think of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My gut tells me some aspect of this has to be illegal in some way. And not like jaywalking illegal, but Federal pound me in the ass prison illegal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My gut tells me some aspect of this has to be illegal in some way. And not like jaywalking illegal, but Federal pound me in the ass prison illegal.

Well, not illegal on our end since we don't know if he's authorized to withdraw money or not. So I don't give a fuck.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in Thailand now in China. I think calling the fucking bank would result in me yelling "ENG-LISH! Do you speak it!?" Repeatedly.

After trying to change my OTP settings and dealing with their broken website, I've decided that it will be cheaper and quicker to fly back, hit an ATM and fly back home. will only take half a day.

Not Jason Bourne.