Sports Entertainment

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got nothing. Every report he gets is like that. To be honest, he's probably trying to get them ready for the rigors of the road. As some of the guys have said, you wrestle 300 days a year no matter what. I'm not saying it's right, because it's not. The whole thing is dysfunctional, the guys are treated like that on the road also. Listen to CM Punk's podcasts on Colt Cabana. Maybe he wasn't name called, but he does say he quit because they made work injured with no rest. He made a comment that he wanted someone to act concerned for him as a person.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Hopefully Joe will get some money for once. Back in the day, when he was main eventing with Kurt Angle, they were paying him $24,000 a year. Rumor has it that because of that, WWE in the past has lowballed him at 75k a year. Get a manager, man. Stop killing yourself for pennies.

Report: Samoa Joe In Negotiations With WWE Expected To Sign With Them | eWrestlingNews.com
If he would just firm up and slim down just a bit he would be such a beast. I'd love to see him do well in the WWE. He'll certainly have some great matches against the NXT guys.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The crap about people cancelling after the Rumble? More people signed up than quit. We are all suckers in the end.
I've heard this brought up a couple times now, but isn't that because the Network was released in Europe right after the Rumble? Of course it's going to be a net gain when you're introducing the product to a new market no matter how many US subscribers they lost.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
haha I didn't know WTF to think about that. Definitely the most entertaining Curtis Axel has ever been for sure.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Balor vs Owens title match set for march 25 NXT. Given it's not an NXT special (at least I think it's not) I can see Owens going over in a way to allow for rematch at next special

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I would expect Owens to retain the title until the next Takeover. That match should be pretty damn awesome nonetheless.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are they totally burying DB, or what? Watched RAW last night, turned it off after he was in the first segment, and they didn't advertise his storylines for the night.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I fell asleep on RAW, just watched it now, after I heard about Cena and Undertaker.

I loved Cena acting like a heel, it was refreshing. He came out, beat up Rusev, and then when he passed out, threw some water on him to wake up him, so he could beat him up some more. Faces don't do that, bring back the Dr. of Thugonomics. Don't flame me, but Cena isn't half bad when they aren't shoving him down our throats.

I loved the Undertaker bits.

Not loving what they are doing to DB.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
It just occurred to me that the Owens-Balor match is 4 days before WM. I wonder if there's any possibility of them using the bout to then set up an NXT championship rematch at WM as the opener? There's been a lot of questions about NXT matches appearing on WM going in to the future and HHH and others have said the only one that makes sense may be the championship.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Um, he said he was going to rape Ric Flair. This has to be the toughest, grittiest promo I've ever seen.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Poor Rey, he was involved in an accidental death last night. The match was moving according to plan, but the guy died to a ring rope braking his trachea, on a setup dropkick to a double 619. The rope bounced barely an inch, and it was enough force to break his trachea.

The rope doesn't move that much in the video to notice it. But his trachea was smashed from the rope, not the dropkick. Say what you want about wrestling being fake, the impacts are real.