Sports Entertainment

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Board breakdown will be 5 UFC guys and 4 WWE guys with Vince being executive chairman and Nick Khan being president.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
31A43BDC-69F1-4FAA-B264-686BB95ABB48.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
UFC-WWE.

21 billion combined market value.

Currently AEW has a market value of about $400 million. Not for sale though. Point is they're significantly outgunned against this new media juggernaut, more than before.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
One overarching company to run both, Vince is the board of the parent company while ufc has 1 more seat to balance.

Dana continues to be the head of UFC, Nick Khan president of WWE while both are autonomous they are responsible to the parent company board and in a way Vince as the chair (not much of a change since Dana was under a board before)

Besides maintaining two huge money making companies, the reason they did this is the massive media crossover. Wwe is going to get tons of press from ufc outlets, and Vice versa. I wouldn’t be shocked to see future combo events. Imagine booking out a stadium for Summerslam weekend and having UFC Saturday and WWE Sunday in the same stadium back to back. It would be an even bigger event than wrestlemania.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wwe is going to introduce Combat sports to a lot
Of new fans around the world, and UFC is going to help make wrestling cool to people who think it’s lame carny shit, wild times. The WWE has been super successful getting back into the mainstream with celebrities and influencers and athletes the last few years, Mcafee for example.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
cant wait for mcgregor or some other big UFC head to walk out on RAW tonight now lmao

oh no i just saw this, please not actually:

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh, it’s fine. They’ll use it to build Cody even more when they have him go over Brock at Backlash or whenever.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can still see that, and also still see summerslam with him taking it there. Roman won it at summerslam so why not drop it there too lol
But fuck with vince being incredibly obviously back last night i think my interest wont stick around outside of the PPVs

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean, Cody looks like a full-on loser now and his moment was on Sunday. Even if he wins from here on out and gets the title this summer, they blew a great opportunity this week. Felt like I was back in 1999 watching WCW make mistakes with two straight main events.

Him getting destroyed for an excessively long time on Raw also could have still happened exactly the same way if he won at WM, to set up his first challenger and help legitimize him when he overcomes the odds. It'd make sense in that context rather than just coming off as mean-spirited. Roman's pretty close to 1000 days though and WWE likes round numbers so we got what we got. And yes, that is likely the only reason.

I don't normally bitch about wrestling booking very often cause I'm too old for it, but they had an opportunity to get people like me (who jumped ship) watching again. I'll tune in for Summerslam/Rumble/WM cause I usually do, but me following the actual weekly show for the past month and a half or so is feeling a lot like a waste of time right about now. Ah well.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Him getting destroyed will make the rebuild that much better, like in Rocky 3. Dude hit rock bottom and got back into it and was redeemed.

I agree it woulda been nice to see Cody win at mania, but it woulda been harder to go the way they want to go. Roman retains, USO’s didt, now he berates them for a while till the Bloodline fractures.

meanwhile Cody eventually faces Brock, beats him and comes out looking like a million bucks and Roman drops at Summerslam (probably) I wouldn’t be shocked to see Roman vs Jay at Backlash.

people being over dramatic over this imo.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know I hope it pays off down the line like Cody has to beat Brock and reigns in quick succession to get the title

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
LOL You really think Vince is putting Cody over his golden pony Brock? No one goes over Brock but Roman, and no one goes over Roman.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You all keep saying Vince this and Vince that, I’ve not seen much to back that up. Cody has to be doing something while the Bloodline starts their story of shattering apart, this keeps him occupied, relevant and will build him up.

I mean, really, did you all expect a 2+ year storyline to crash to an end in a single night? A storyline that by all accounts is one of the in a decade? I had Cody losing at Mania because I knew (or figured) the Usos would be dropping and there was no way they could have them drop all their belts at once. The Bloodline creates too much buzz and viewership.

Last time Vince took shit over he made no secret of it nor did HHH. NXT was gutted, there was mass layoffs and a bunch of other stuff happened. Anything short of HHH resigning or any of the above happening, I’m going to assume all’s well.

Who knows though, I could be dead wrong. Either way, stop working yourselves into a shoot. ;)

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Meltzers an idiot.

and he may be, I just don’t see it being long term unless the above mentioned things happen.

and I can’t imagin with Vince having to answer to someone now, that Endeavor would be happy with slips in ratings and mass amounts of talent asking for releases.