Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
And that she makes way more money as a dentist than a wrestler so you know if you can lock that pussy down you are set financially

I THINK that Britt is on a $1.2M/year or so contract (along with Nyla Rose, for some reason) which was part of the "women main eventers will be paid the same as men main eventers" initiative touted at the outset of the company forming, which didn't really hold up as an idea for very long. At that time, the "division centerpieces" were supposed to be Britt, Nyla, and Kylie Rae (who quickly dropped off). They may have renegociated the contracts in mid-2022, I don't know. Britt didn't take a pay cut in any case. So it might be higher now.

My point is, her wrestling salary is actually a lot higher than a dentist's, even if the dentist were working full time which she doesn't. Doing both certainly doesn't hurt, and with AEW's lack of house shows (for a bit longer anyway) most of the people who work there have a ton of free time between traveling. Britt could make a ton of money if she wanted to by filling up the rest of the schedule with dentist work, but from what I understand she only dentists on one day a week and takes several days off. Monday, I think, then travel Tuesday, then work Wednesday, travel Thursday, Fri-Sun off.

Adam Cole got hired at $1.5M/year IIRC (the same as the rest of the Elite on their original contracts) so unless she renegociated a good deal, chances are he makes slightly more than Britt. No clue what he makes from Twitch but it's not insubstantial, so tack that on there too.

If anything I'd say they're both lucky to have locked each other down.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The AEW show last night was shockingly good.

I’ve had issues with a lot of production and booking in television, but man, Tony did a great job with Revolution last night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Aside from MJF accidentally throwing tequila in a little kid's face and probably getting the company sued, yeah, it was a pretty solid night. The match quality was nuts. Only weak link was Wardlow/Joe, but Wardlow gon' get pushed. Nice enough guy and I want him to do well, but IDK, it isn't working. Hopefully TK gives Hobbs the nod this week.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
And then Wardlow's gear and the TNT Title turned up stolen...

THE KID DID IT

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why anybody would think it's a good idea to leave anything in a car in California at this point. I hear it takes 5 minutes to get your car broken into in the Bay Area if you leave anything expensive visible on the seats.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I worked for a car rental agency in San Jose for like a year and it was not uncommon for cars to come back with smashed windows and almost always it would happen in San Francisco and Oakland

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Odd choice but i might just grab a ticket if i can get one since its a cheap flight there lol

Toronto is well within range to get the Chicago crowd that filled the United Center for last year's Forbidden Door, as well as being a nice centralized location. Good choice, but I wish they were going with the Skydome instead. Been 24 years since a non-Wrestlemania show was able to draw a large crowd to the Skydome (February 1999 RAW), and I bet AEW could do it with proper promotion and the right matches (Omega vs Ospreay II, Moxley vs Okada, Bryan vs Tanahashi, MJF vs Naito). Running a regular arena for a supershow like this is a waste, but then again so was running All Out 2021 in the NOW Arena instead of the United Center. WCW did this stuff too, Starrcade 97 took place at a significantly smaller venue than the next four or so Nitros did (they ran a bunch of stadiums in January 1998).

Fun Fact: If Double or Nothing is main evented by the Four Pillars Four-Way, it'll be the first AEW PPV ever to be main evented entirely by homegrown stars with no ex-WWE or ex-NJPW presence. Hard to believe when we're four years in but it's true.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Goldberg free agent.

Get ready everybody, Tony Khan LOVES the Goldberg. People think TK is this giant workrate guy, but he'll recreate The Streak ASAP if he doesn't think it'll damage the rest of the company (which is the tough part isn't it?)

He tried to get Goldberg in 2019 for the Dynamite debut episode. Wasn't quick enough on the draw, cause WWE made him a new offer and fed him Dolph Ziggler at Summerslam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
apparently the pre-sales for FD2 are already at $1 million, sounds like getting tickets on friday probably wont happen lol

TK should get Goldberg and bring him to Calgary to shoot on brett during the Stampede

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kenny vs Vikingo should have been on a PPV show. While I enjoyed the match a lot, cramming it into the end of Dynamite felt like a waste.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Kenny vs Vikingo should have been on a PPV show. While I enjoyed the match a lot, cramming it into the end of Dynamite felt like a waste.

the spots were great and entertaining. The match however wasn’t very good, or at least, I didn’t think so.

much like the Bucks, it’ll get to the point where if you’ve seen one of their matches, you’ve seen them all.