Spotify vs Google Music All Access

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have Prime, Amazon Music has been pretty awesome. Never tried anything else though so can't compare it to Spotify or google music or Apple Music.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Discover Weekly on Spotify > Google Music. I find at least a few new tunes that I really like every week with Discover Weekly. The only I really hate about Spotify is having to search every week for the new State of Trance episode. They haven't added the podcasts/shows feature on Android yet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Discover Weekly on Spotify > Google Music. I find at least a few new tunes that I really like every week with Discover Weekly. The only I really hate about Spotify is having to search every week for the new State of Trance episode. They haven't added the podcasts/shows feature on Android yet.
That's the other thing. iPhone support is way better than Android support for Spotify. iPhone app had radio support like 6 months to a year before Android had the feature.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Talking about the Radios across these platforms..

I've been using Pandora since inception and I've tried the radio feature with every new music platform. Nothing has come close to the algorithm that Pandora uses. I get a much larger variety and exposure to new bands/songs using Pandora than Spotify/Apple Music. I've tried my hardest to switch away but I can't.

Does anyone else have any experience using Pandora vs other music platforms for the radio option? I haven't tried Google Music yet so I can't comment on that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Talking about the Radios across these platforms..

I've been using Pandora since inception and I've tried the radio feature with every new music platform. Nothing has come close to the algorithm that Pandora uses. I get a much larger variety and exposure to new bands/songs using Pandora than Spotify/Apple Music. I've tried my hardest to switch away but I can't.

Does anyone else have any experience using Pandora vs other music platforms for the radio option? I haven't tried Google Music yet so I can't comment on that.
Pandora is far and away the worst option. You're terribly wrong.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Google Music radio is pretty good, but it leans heavily towards artists that you have already uploaded or those that you've specifically searched/listened that are similar in genre. It's great in a "I don't really have to skip anything" way but not as great to discover new artists. Unless I pick something in a genre I don't already have a ton of shit for. But putting on Queens of the Stone Age radio gives me close to a personalized greatest hits.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found that Pandora had absolutely horrible sound quality compared to other apps, like it was compressing songs in a really shitty manner.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I found that Pandora had absolutely horrible sound quality compared to other apps, like it was compressing songs in a really shitty manner.
I found Sirius xm to be really compressed garbage. I had Pandora a long time ago, premium, and it was just ok on highest quality. Both Spotify and Google music are much better

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I was an early Google Music adopter, so I pay just $7.99/month for it and now Youtube Red. Great deal and I absolutely love the service. I've tried most of the others. I'll stick with Google's version.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's the other thing. iPhone support is way better than Android support for Spotify. iPhone app had radio support like 6 months to a year before Android had the feature.
That was true for a while but now both apps seem pretty comparable. It was for a while Android was in the dark ages for Spotify.