Spring 2014 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Spring.

Most of the current shows are ending soon, and the Summer season will start the beginning of July, with the director's cut Psycho Pass included.

I probably should've made that more clear.

The 2nd season of Psycho Pass starts in October.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The saga continues...

Started Psycho Pass and I'm about 10 episodes deep. It's decent, I just wish Akane and Kogami would bone already ffs. If the show were a little darker / more cyberpunk I think I would like it a lot more.

Fate/Zero I had high hopes for and expected a lot more ass beating than has happened through 12 episodes.

Are there any good, dark, adult anime standalone movies? Stuff like Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, etc.? (my references are dated, I know)

Fadaar

That guy
The saga continues...

Started Psycho Pass and I'm about 10 episodes deep. It's decent, I just wish Akane and Kogami would bone already ffs. If the show were a little darker / more cyberpunk I think I would like it a lot more.

Fate/Zero I had high hopes for and expected a lot more ass beating than has happened through 12 episodes.

Are there any good, dark, adult anime standalone movies? Stuff like Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, etc.? (my references are dated, I know)
Don't know shit about movies but Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade still stands up very well. Awesome movie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea pretty dated references, my recommendation is pretty dated too, you can search for

[DeadFish] Read or Die - OVA - Batch [BD][1080p]

and probably get something, thats my gun to the head ova recommendation.

not saying anything about the ova, b/c it doesn't need it, once you play it and watch 10mins, it'll hook you.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Read or Die's 3 story OVA was great. I actually enjoyed the 26 episode series as well, but the OVA was tits.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bummed No Game No Life is done for now.

Is the Irregular at Magic High School 24 eps? That is the only show left worth its salt. Captain Earth is just fun for the fights but isn't actually good.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Magic High is showing 26 episodes on wikipedia so thats good. I hate how all these shows want to do 12 episode arcs.

Captain Earth is ok but its not great. Started off strong but then puttered out really quick. Cant wait for this season to end though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
lol they really butchered Brynhildr. That's a big time rush job.

The manga did have some bullshit in there that made it drag a little, but they really eliminated a lot of things in the second half of the anime.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I'm just going to skip watching the last episode and just continue reading it instead.

Also I finally watched Deadman Wonderland so at least now I know where your avatar is from
tongue.png

Wish they'd do another season... the Japanese don't seem to enjoy shows unless there's tons of fan service or some form of retarded love story/harem involved. There are exceptions like Knights of Sidonia getting the green light for season 2, but it's rare.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
eh there won't be a total lost if deadman wonderland doesn't do a second season, the manga's finished you can read from where the anime ends (as usual just forget the last or last 2 episodes happened since they're usually "wrap up" episodes).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
End of black bullet was solid except for the part about Tendo girl going "evil". That shit was stupid and forced.