Star Trek - Into Darkness

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
bro, everyone knows when you realign the dilithium crystals in the warp core matrix you create chronotron particles that can be channeled through the deflector array to reverse the polarity of time. its just science, bro.

the redlettermedia thing made me realize the movie I thought was ok did kinda suck, fuck! How tribbles can take human blood also made me lol. Best point from that review is spot on though: why didn't ST:ID create its own new stories and conflicts and relationships, instead of ripping off Wrath of Khan, and doing it so poorly? Its all fucking Lindelof's fault, again.
The Tribble was dead and he said multiple times it was the -whatever it was- IN his blood that was doing it. One would assume he was injecting whatever THAT was into the Tribble. At least that's how I as well as the guy I saw it with took it.

I didn't think anything about the movie was done poorly personally. I love Wrath of Khan and I thought this was great.

Caliane

The Tribble was dead and he said multiple times it was the -whatever it was- IN his blood that was doing it. One would assume he was injecting whatever THAT was into the Tribble. At least that's how I as well as the guy I saw it with took it.

I didn't think anything about the movie was done poorly personally. I love Wrath of Khan and I thought this was great.
midiclorians?!

Alternatively, mitochondria? Parasite eve tie in!

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I haven't. I told you, I refuse to pay for this. I'm debating whether I should pirate and suffer through the steaming shit just outta spite.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just saw this, I really enjoyed it, Khan was one of my favorite characters in the old show and movies and I think cumberbach did an amazing job reimagining him, he is growing to be one of my favorite new actors.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing. No more needs to be said. :|

I still think the movie would've been better if the villain ended up being the guy that he was rumored to be(took stuff, became super-super-super-human, almost to the point of Q). I can't believe that the fact it was Khan ended up being hidden so well for so long though.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
Action was good, writing was Lindelof and by Lindelof I mean fucking terrible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
having not read anything in this thread other than what was on this page im going to say this was a FUCKING AWESOME movie. i dont care if some of the shit didnt make sense, it was 2 hours of ownage. Cumberbatch was a great Khan even though his english accent doesnt compare to the distinguished ominous tone in Montalban's spanish accent. 8.5/10. in comparision with the original trek movies (i dont count the TNG films) id say it goes 4>2>Into Darkness. i will be buying this on Blu Ray because i didnt pay to see this.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
having not read anything in this thread other than what was on this page im going to say this was a FUCKING AWESOME movie. i dont care if some of the shit didnt make sense, it was 2 hours of ownage. Cumberbatch was a great Khan even though his english accent doesnt compare to the distinguished ominous tone in Montalban's spanish accent. 8.5/10. in comparision with the original trek movies (i dont count the TNG films) id say it goes 4>2>Into Darkness. i will be buying this on Blu Ray because i didnt pay to see this.
Astro liked it. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW TARRANT?

lol.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I haven't. I told you, I refuse to pay for this. I'm debating whether I should pirate and suffer through the steaming shit just outta spite.
Do you think it's still cool to hate on things that most people like? You are actually debating with yourself on whether to pirate a movie or not then sit through 2 hours of so called steaming pile of shit just to prove a point? Really? Are you trolling me? You have to be trolling.... I hope you are trolling.

Caliane

Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing. No more needs to be said. :|

I still think the movie would've been better if the villain ended up being the guy that he was rumored to be(took stuff, became super-super-super-human, almost to the point of Q). I can't believe that the fact it was Khan ended up being hidden so well for so long though.
well. hidden in the sense, everyone thought it was Khan, and they flat out said, "no, its not". so everyone came up with new theories.

spronk

FPS noob
i rewatched wrath of khan last night, and while it was a lot goofier/slower, khan was soooo much better in that movie. he was over the top, memorable, crazy, melodramatic, and while "superhuman" still had the weakness of pride. ID-Khan was just a shitty bad guy, he was basically a comic book supervillain who was so generic in being bad that the khan reveal didn't really mean anything. I'm surprised they didn't throw the Kobayashi Maru thing and Genesis device into ID either as one liners, I really hope they don't try to drag those two things into the next movie.

While I loved Cumberbatch in Sherlock, he was terrible in ID. He kept enunciating every word like he was at a spelling bee, it got distracting at times - is that some weird form of acting? I guess I'll go with the argument that a man named Noonien Singh Khan (?) will be whiter than wonder bread in the future (but wasn't he shot off into space in our near future?), but it would have been a lot more believable with a middle eastern or indian actor. I guess maybe the new Khan has a white full name and is just using Khan like Khal or Emperor. Also I have to agree that the new Spock seems just angry and constipated all the time, instead of the cool and calm demeanor Nimoy played it as. The rest of the new Trek actors seem better or equal to the old cast, but not Spock, Khan, or Sulu (sorry Harold).

What I found most interesting was how absolutely terrible the special effects in Wrath of Khan were compared to the new movie (no bash to WOK, they did the best they could at the time), and its only been 30 years. 30 years from now, what will movies look like...

Caliane

What I found most interesting was how absolutely terrible the special effects in Wrath of Khan were compared to the new movie (no bash to WOK, they did the best they could at the time), and its only been 30 years. 30 years from now, what will movies look like...
It always amused me the effects of Star trek movies.
ST:the motion picture was 79. Wrath of khan 82
Starwars was 77, and empire, 80.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The older Khan spent a couple of decades watching all his followers die, so it stands to reason that he's a bit nuttier. He acts completely different in Wrath than he did in the crappy Space Seed episode. (which was basically "I'm a God to you people")

What's more amusing about the effects is how they actually get worse in ST5.