Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

I also really liked how they resolved the Data/Lore thing. That is great writing there and 100% in character for both

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
This is better than Mando, not a high bar I know, but as a TNG fan this season is exactly what I wanted.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You just used a contraction!

No I didn't....
Once again Worf had the best dialogue.

"I have slaughtered countless enemies over the years and considered sending their heads to all of you, but I was advised that that was… passive-aggressive."

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah awesome episode, the table scene was *chefs kiss* and makes me wanna rewatch TNG right away. Only person missing was Wesley so Picard could tell him to get the fuck out of an officers meeting

Pah Wraiths seem the obvious big bad, between the color red, ancient/weak/trapped evil, changelings (wormhole). The only weak link is Picard, he really didn't have anything to do with them. The other two options are some form of Q (evil Q etc) which would not really make sense using it again after season 2. The last option is Borg related, there was a throw-away line from Vadic about it being ironic that 7 would be there to see what happens next. Maybe the Borg implanted Picard with some sort of remote human control virus hidden as irumadic syndrome (sic) but that is a stretch especially since there was never a hint he could ever do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If this was a comic book the big bad would actually be a non-corporeal Locutus using the dissident changelings to regain his corporeal form and reconstitute a new borg faction opposing the new borg queen, with the changelings as a foundation for it.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If this was a comic book the big bad would actually be a non-corporeal Locutus using the dissident changelings to regain his corporeal form and reconstitute a new borg faction opposing the new borg queen, with the changelings as a foundation for it.
Oh that's some good shit.

It's going ro be something boring like using the body to shapeshift into something undetectable with Picard's DNA.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you see the door in this episode and it zooms in on the keyhole it looks as if there’s fire on the other side. At first I thought this was supposed to just represent Hell but then remembered the fire caves where Sisko took out Dukat and sealed the Pah Wraiths away.

Maybe the Wraiths are trying to get free. Does that mean there may be a Sisko involvement? Only thing that shoots that down is they’d have cloned Jake Sisko rather than Jake Crusher…

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
screening next week (Apr 19th) at select cities episode 9 & 10 of s3 will air on IMAX

• 4Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
screening next week (Apr 19th) at select cities episode 9 & 10 of s3 will air on IMAX

One hopes that there is a reason it would look good enough to warrant IMAX. Space combat would be a good reason. Now they just need to fulfill my last wish which is to incorporate an Enterprise ship.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Space combat and even more TNG nostalgia. At the end I expect them all to take a stage and bow and go off to die retired on a beach someplace like Sean Connery did.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
episode 9 (dropping in 2 days) apparently has a lot of shit that happens and crew has said to avoid spoilers and stuff (lol) until you see it, so may wanna avoid this thread until you see the episode

then the show and season finale drops a week later, airs on IMAX in theaters a few hours before it drops on P+

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
episode 9 (dropping in 2 days) apparently has a lot of shit that happens and crew has said to avoid spoilers and stuff (lol) until you see it, so may wanna avoid this thread until you see the episode

then the show and season finale drops a week later, airs on IMAX in theaters a few hours before it drops on P+
yeah, no. i haven't watched ANY of picard and it's spoilers from season 3 that are actually making me want to watch it. so i'll absolutely be paying attention to what happens and that will decide if the macguffin spoiler is redeeming enough to watch this season or not.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, no. i haven't watched ANY of picard and it's spoilers from season 3 that are actually making me want to watch it. so i'll absolutely be paying attention to what happens and that will decide if the macguffin spoiler is redeeming enough to watch this season or not.
Same. I am waiting to see what the final consensus is for this season and whether you can just jump in, or if it would be too confusing to have not watched the first two seasons.

Cybsled

I can say right now you can ignore the first 2 seasons and jump into season 3 and not be lost if you watched TNG/DS9/VOY. There are a couple plot points from the first 2 seasons that carry over, but they still get some exposition in S3 to give a bit of context

• 4Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can say right now you can ignore the first 2 seasons and jump into season 3 and not be lost if you watched TNG/DS9/VOY. There are a couple plot points from the first 2 seasons that carry over, but they still get some exposition in S3 to give a bit of context
yeah, i've followed this thread, as well as watched the red letter media reviews for all the show. i was EXTREMELY hesitant about the show pretty early on. i had watched the first season of discovery and part of season 2, so i was aware of what "new trek" was and hated it, so i was expecting more of the same from picard. i had no intention of wasting my time murdering my childhood. even with all the good reviews of season 3, i'm still extremely wary of watching it. i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know?

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I understand. The season has been pretty solid and I have confidence they won’t fudge the landing.

Ending prediction:

The big bad will end up being Keiko O’Brian when she straps those brainwashing game things that Wesley and Ashley Judd tried to thwart to everyone’s head, except this time it puts them in the holodeck program that Luxeanna Troi brought young Alexander to. Then the crew travels at warp 10 and turns into lizards and Tuvix appears and kills Janeway as revenge. Final shot is Sisko returning from the celestial temple only to find Quark dressed as a female and running away from the president of Slugo Cola, at which point Sisko jumps into the fire caves

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand. The season has been pretty solid and I have confidence they won’t fudge the landing.

Ending prediction:

The big bad will end up being Keiko O’Brian when she straps those brainwashing game things that Wesley and Ashley Judd tried to thwart to everyone’s head, except this time it puts them in the holodeck program that Luxeanna Troi brought young Alexander to. Then the crew travels at warp 10 and turns into lizards and Tuvix appears and kills Janeway as revenge. Final shot is Sisko returning from the celestial temple only to find Quark dressed as a female and running away from the president of Slugo Cola, at which point Sisko jumps into the fire caves

Still a better plot than S1/S2 or any of Disco <<< Black Alert! >>> very!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
jizz in my pants GIF

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users