Star Trek: Picard

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I liked the nostalgia nods a lot. But...

First off Enterprise F from STO being cannon and finally shown = awesome.
Enterprise D being rebuilt in area 12 was also awesome, and called by several that episode. Having to use the D for the final episode will be a great throwback nod.
However...
Fucking Borg...
Many called it but I was holding out hope for something much better.
Then there is Shelby...
Shelby is C.In.C. now? (Admirals with five pips = Commander in Chief.) And as anti Borg as she was, no fucking way in hell she green lights the fleet command crap.
The plus side is they got Alice Krige to play the Queen again with is great for the part.
Worf being called out on losing the Enterprise E (in one of the non-cannon books iirc) when he was the captain made me lose it.
Now depending on how it ends next week, and how much of Star Fleets' flag officers (LtCommander and up) got killed during the take over, they are setting this up to lead straight in to how STO originally started with the officer core being gutted and new captains being given ships at Lt JG ranks.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm going to be spoiler free as much as possible in case I fuck up the spoiler options in my post...

I still find it hard to believe the renegade changelings are somehow able to work with *them* unless they only care about the destruction. Perhaps they wanted Jack to control the newest version of *them*? The Dominion needs to get involved at this point somehow!

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
This is exactly why. Unhinged Changelings that just wanted revenge.
That's why I'm surprised the actual Dominion hasn't gotten involved - and sooner. This potential level of destruction can easily spill back over to them if *those people* take over everything and set their sights to the gamma quadrant.

Cybsled

That's why I'm surprised the actual Dominion hasn't gotten involved - and sooner. This potential level of destruction can easily spill back over to them if *those people* take over everything and set their sights to the gamma quadrant.

Realistically that would be complicated. I imagine they don’t want any Dominion forces in the Alpha quadrant as part of the treaty, Starfleet doesn’t want to air even more Section31 dirty laundry, and infiltration is already muddling the chain of command and would sabotage any attempts at an olive branch.

The fact Odo himself reached out to Worf suggests he wanted to help, but the great link didn’t want to do anything

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That was what I was hoping for. I am curious as to how this situation is dealt with. The odds are a bit out of whack at the moment. Excellent episode and actually looking forward to what might be the best Star Trek seen in a long long time. My reaction to the reveal..

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

Data's view on optimism was choice...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Realistically that would be complicated. I imagine they don’t want any Dominion forces in the Alpha quadrant as part of the treaty, Starfleet doesn’t want to air even more Section31 dirty laundry, and infiltration is already muddling the chain of command and would sabotage any attempts at an olive branch.

The fact Odo himself reached out to Worf suggests he wanted to help, but the great link didn’t want to do anything
At this point wouldn't it just be easier for them to step in with a fleet and try to stop the renegades from doing more harm? If things escalate, whose to say that the Dominion won't be blamed for the actions of the renegades?

I know it would be complicated to introduce the Dominion in the last episode - but hey it would be awesome!

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also this clip had my feels all over the place.

lulz holy shit

you watch this and you suddenly realize why we had to deal w/ literally 30years of horrible star trek bridges

tng movies, i can't see shit on this bridge

jj movies, is this a fucking aquarium bridge? are the mon calamari around?

Cybsled

In terms of how the situation is resolved, my theory

Jack is the transmitter and the only reason the Queen can influence the 25 and under crowd that had the transporter modification. Removing his connection would free the assimilated crew.

The Borg Queen is Alice Krieg and looked kind of fucked up from what we saw. I also noticed no drones. Janeway’s virus seems to have all but destroyed the delta quadrant Borg - Troi did say the voice was ancient and weak. So I suspect the ultimate solution will be to get onto the cube itself to free Jack since it doesn’t have a full drone compliment. Picard will probably sacrifice himself to destroy the cube and free Jack. Meanwhile, Raffi and Seven will figure out a way to stop the Cylon shit going on with the ships. I suspect Janeway will cameo as part of that

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the picard manuever is back, sit and tighten your shirt

l2O7QYQ.gif

look at that cheap ass motherfucking Babylon 5 era CGI model with lipstick/dildo nacells and everything, looks gorgeous

WS303Dw.jpg

the real lesson of the episode is that kids under 25 are a pussy hair away from being mindless robots and only people 70+ can get anything done

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That we could go from "God this guy is a total asshole" to "WHAT?!?! NOO!!!!" in the space of 9 episodes is really quite remarkable.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
what they have done this season for the fans is literally amazing. The nostalgia, the feels, the memories. I did not know what to expect from this season. I've loved Star Trek my whole life and to sit here and watch TNG crew again gives me chills every episode. They really did something amazing here and I honestly needed it and love them for it.
Star Trek will forever be my favorite series of all time and this season is the cherry on top.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
And then magically this popped up in my feed... I totally forgot about the YTMND memes etc.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
What exactly are 7 senior citizens in a now-antique mostly uncrewed starship gonna do? I genuinely have no idea how they intend to resolve all of this.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
What exactly are 7 senior citizens in a now-antique mostly uncrewed starship gonna do? I genuinely have no idea how they intend to resolve all of this.
They are going to use the deflector dish to create a tachyon stream, and save the day, of course!

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users