Star Trek: Picard

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What exactly are 7 senior citizens in a now-antique mostly uncrewed starship gonna do? I genuinely have no idea how they intend to resolve all of this.
I would guess Jack will have a major role to play in events to come. There is also a chance that allies would come to help but I just do not imagine the writers committing to the destruction of most of Starfleet. A solution will present that preserves a descent amount of Starfleet.

spronk

FPS noob
What exactly are 7 senior citizens in a now-antique mostly uncrewed starship gonna do? I genuinely have no idea how they intend to resolve all of this.

1681487104610.png

i don't 100% get the borg thing anyways, maybe i am completely misremembering season 2 of picard (or just blocking the horror) but didn't it change the Borg from a genocidal race to a benevolent race that takes in trannies and retards and the shitty female character was the new borg queen. and in voyager, janeway genocided the borg in the future (now) too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

No. Juratti’s Borg are a different faction, because changing all Borg would have altered the timeline significantly

They’re more in line with the Unimatrix Zero Borg from Voyager that peaced out to do their own thing. They are their own collective/collaboration.

The Borg doing this stuff in season 3 are the regular Borg that Voyager fucked up in the finale of that show. Shaw even mentioned it in episode 4, where he says forget the weird shit on the Stargazer, because the real Borg are still out there

Cybsled

Raffi has been good this season. She was my least favorite character in the first 2 seasons, but doing the 80s buddy cop thing with Zen Master Worf actually works

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Raffi has been good this season. She was my least favorite character in the first 2 seasons, but doing the 80s buddy cop thing with Zen Master Worf actually works

I think that’s mainly because she’s hardly had any screen time.

• 1Like

Cybsled

There’s 2 issues: borg signal and linked ships. Step #1 should be getting rid of the fleet sync. That way, you can at least have a chance of subduing the borg drones and taking back the ships. Then fixing the teleporters, although they presumably have to stop the signal before they try to reverse the changes to people

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Last 10 minutes was straight into the feels. Wow.

I thought the Borg reveal was kinda meh, however. The whole transporter being the means of assimilation is indeed clever. But that's the thing, I've never felt the Borg are "clever". They should win with pure overwhelming force and that's it. There should be no need for them to be crafty. But the series has been doing stuff like that with them for a while now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Borg adapt. Frontal assaults never work out for them against Star Fleet, and they always get defeated due to their hubris. So laying low and essentially laying the groundwork for mass assimilation makes sense if they took those lessons and learned from them

Of course, the seeds for this were planted in Best of Both Worlds. Which means this was a contingency plan

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Last 10 minutes was straight into the feels. Wow.

I thought the Borg reveal was kinda meh, however. The whole transporter being the means of assimilation is indeed clever. But that's the thing, I've never felt the Borg are "clever". They should win with pure overwhelming force and that's it. There should be no need for them to be crafty. But the series has been doing stuff like that with them for a while now.
The whole point of the borg is to assimilate uniqueness. They are piles of clever.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am very glad they tossed in the line about how ironic it was that Shelby was launching Fleet Mode as that shit was the polar opposite of her whole deal as Borg-expert-001.

Juratti / GoodBorg are apparently stuck as gatekeepers in front of the S2 transwarp conduit and will not be showing up in S3E10.

Jack would be the obvious vector for salvation, but that feels somehow lacking in the sort of epic conclusion we'd be expecting now.

Admiral Janeway showing up is a virtual certainty given the number of times they have name-dropped her over the course of the season and especially now that they are dealing with the Alice Krige 'Unimatrix Zero' Borg Queen.

The Dominion with the 'non-Borg' Changelings could be a pseduo-acceptable deus-ex-machina... though why they wouldn't just turn around and enslave the Federation for shits and giggles would need some hand waving.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The whole point of the borg is to assimilate uniqueness. They are piles of clever.
"Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own."

Yeah, I know, but they don't have to. If the Borg rolled up with an army of cubes it would be over in short order.

Cybsled

I would be happy if some old Weyoun clone showed up to apologize for all the inconvenience caused by the fallen founders, then he notices Worf is there and makes a hasty exit

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users