Star Trek: Picard

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t know anything about this show other than the first two episodes of Season 1 were so bad I just dropped out. Y’all got me interring Season 3 which has been pretty dang entertaining.

The whole “oohh random new bad in the most awesomest ship ever!” thing is a bit played out. But at least Amanda Plummer is nailing it.

Gates used to kind of be a GILF but she just looks like one facelift too far (1 facelift is too far, btw).

The druggie storyline is worthless except to show badass Worf. No idea who she is but she seems like a strung out idiot.

Riker and Picard banter is great to watch.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Since they made a point of saying that the Enterprise-F is being decommissioned after Frontier Day what are the chances we get to see the Enterprise-G at the very end of the finale? After all its now 2401 and we know that by 2550 or so the Enterprise-J is engaged against the sphere-builders. That gives somewhere between 100-150 years to go through G,H, and I before commissioning J

spronk

FPS noob
still missing 2 vital crew members, barclay and

c6ea6bfc3e7b4a5fa0c27da418c921a28975cfe4.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Spoiler preview video. Once you watch it, it makes it pretty clear how they will regain control.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don’t know anything about this show other than the first two episodes of Season 1 were so bad I just dropped out. Y’all got me interring Season 3 which has been pretty dang entertaining.

The whole “oohh random new bad in the most awesomest ship ever!” thing is a bit played out. But at least Amanda Plummer is nailing it.

Gates used to kind of be a GILF but she just looks like one facelift too far (1 facelift is too far, btw).

The druggie storyline is worthless except to show badass Worf. No idea who she is but she seems like a strung out idiot.

Riker and Picard banter is great to watch.
noggy druggie is the same one from s1, she was a strung out bitch living in a trailer home when picard went to find her to fly him away, while space vaping.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
noggy druggie is the same one from s1, she was a strung out bitch living in a trailer home when picard went to find her to fly him away, while space vaping.

I still can't believe that was a thing. We're in the far future where humanity has solved the problems of today and you wrote a character that is a black single mother drug abuser that sits around and complains about the size of Picard's house. You're a citizen of an intergalactic star empire with FtL transport and matter/energy conversion technology and you sit around and get high and bitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still can't believe that was a thing. We're in the far future where humanity has solved the problems of today and you wrote a character that is a black single mother drug abuser that sits around and complains about the size of Picard's house. You're a citizen of an intergalactic star empire with FtL transport and matter/energy conversion technology and you sit around and get high and bitch.
I mean... That's the most realistic thing in star trek. Technology improves but people will always be people

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I mean... That's the most realistic thing in star trek. Technology improves but people will always be people

Fuck that. I want Gene's optimistic future with Uhura fan dances and Ben Sisko punching Q in the face.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Yes and no. The thing that was jarring about that is they tried to frame it as some sort of privilege thing - in a post scarcity society where at least among humans, they don’t discriminate based on that anymore. It stood out a bit in Deep Space 9 as well the couple times they referenced it in the present. It’s good to acknowledge it, but acting like it is still an issue in the shows among humans anyways always seems anachronistic

The closest thing we see to poverty in Star Trek usually is some random colony or something outside the Federation. And the people living there almost always are there by choice because they don’t like Federation rules

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ah, only just now clicked why they wouldn't have had the computer able to say Admiral, though I'm sure they could have managed to put something together if they really needed to.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

ha, I thought it was obvious from the clip. they could have deep faked it easily though. I suspect they decided it would be disrespectful to do that though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I have more questions than ever before about why the TNG films were so terrible. Yes yes First Contact is alright and Insurrection is the closest to the show but if lump the four together it's like a C- average.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have more questions than ever before about why the TNG films were so terrible. Yes yes First Contact is alright and Insurrection is the closest to the show but if lump the four together it's like a C- average.
it's because gene roddenberry wasn't alive for those movies and so they wanted them to be action movies instead of what tng was

• 5Like

Cybsled

Ah, only just now clicked why they wouldn't have had the computer able to say Admiral, though I'm sure they could have managed to put something together if they really needed to.

Lore wise it still makes sense: The D was partially destroyed when Picard was just a captain. Since the ship wasn't connected to the rest of the fleet, presumably it was still using the outdated information and still had Picard on file as the captain of the ship.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
its cool that Ep1 was Ent D vs Cube and the final is Ent D vs Cube. Full Circle.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man idc this last season is dope. These last few episodes have gotten my nostalgic dick rock hard.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd like Q to show back up as the final resolution of the Borg shit spanning all the way back to Q Who on TNG.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
If what Wil Wheaton said about the last episode is correct. (who I hate, but they gave him the show that gives us the most info) There are three more cameos in the last episode. No more info than that, three more cameos from the TNG era show up in episode 10. And I cannot for the life of me find the clip now.

But saying it's from the "Era" and not strictly from TNG leads me to believe they could be DS9 or Voyager cameos too.

My guesses would be Janeway, Barclay and O'Brien.

I could see Q. Even with how last season ended. The Q's ability to do anything makes it possible.

• 1Like