Star Wars Battlefront II

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot even imagine what these monsters have in charge for Anthem....

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I cannot even imagine what these monsters have in charge for Anthem....

It'll be pretty shitty which is disappointing. Destiny with a more predatory loot system seems like it'll be awful tbh.

Then again, hopefully BioWare will have a bit more of a say on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
On my video game care-o-meter, Overwatch's paid loot boxes that give zero advantage to a player are pretty low on my list. Doesn't mean I love Blizzard.

Kinda like how on my religion care-o-meter I consider Islam much worse than christianity. Doesn't mean I love christianity.

Come at me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In overwatch you get skins all the time, even legendary ones although they're rare. You're also continually levelling, so you keep getting boxes. If all else fails, you can buy skins (or anything) with the gold you get from boxes.

If you want to spend money and be a retard go ahead.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
In overwatch you get skins all the time, even legendary ones although they're rare. You're also continually levelling, so you keep getting boxes. If all else fails, you can buy skins (or anything) with the gold you get from boxes.

If you want to spend money and be a retard go ahead.

And this is why they're predatory. They actively target retards and make good money on doing so.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have all maps, all characters with all their abilities operating at maximum level without spending any money.

Same as Battlefront II I hear.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
WoW is worse compared to OW IMO. Mounts and pets you can only purchase with IRL money.

Battlefront II $79.99 for standard edition, guise! Pay to pay to play!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
All video games use retards as a baseline for MTX systems. They're targeting easy bux.

giphy.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
WoW is worse compared to OW IMO. Mounts and pets you can only purchase with IRL money.

Battlefront II $79.99 for standard edition, guise! Pay to pay to play!
I'd agree but a lot of the pets/mount sales actually go to charity or disaster relief. Not all of course.

Also you can turn wow gold into blizzard bucks now

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
why cant i just buy the skin i want in overwatch, why do i have buy 10 lootboxes full of shit at a chance of getting the skin i want

because they make more money this way, at expense to the consumer, its exploitative

OW doesnt get a pass just because its cosmetic, the system is still total bullshit

Imagine going to a grocery shop to buy some bananas and ending up with 5 mystery paper bags with a chance of some bananas. 'Oh you want reasons why you can't just buy bananas? Oh, we make more money this way'.

And also fuck that shit that it only affects retards who pay for them, because retards who pay for them is the reason this insipid shit is spreading to all games and why triple a single player titles actually have the audacity to put lootboxes in their endgame.

I don't want punished just because the lowest common denominator can't control their impulses.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
While OW is at the bottom of my care-meter, I do like your bananas anology

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
BUT JUNKRAT LYING DOWN EMOTE ALLOWED YOU TO HIDE IN BUSHES AND STALL PAYLOAD ITS AN ADVANTAGE PACKAGED IN A RANDOM LOOT CRATE

• 1Worf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
why cant i just buy the skin i want in overwatch, why do i have buy 10 lootboxes full of shit at a chance of getting the skin i want

because they make more money this way, at expense to the consumer, its exploitative

OW doesnt get a pass just because its cosmetic, the system is still total bullshit

Imagine going to a grocery shop to buy some bananas and ending up with 5 mystery paper bags with a chance of some bananas. 'Oh you want reasons why you can't just buy bananas? Oh, we make more money this way'.

And also fuck that shit that it only affects retards who pay for them, because retards who pay for them is the reason this insipid shit is spreading to all games and why triple a single player titles actually have the audacity to put lootboxes in their endgame.

I don't want punished just because the lowest common denominator can't control their impulses.

That's why it rustled my jimmies when they released that statement saying that they weren't a part of the lootbox discussion like they were immune to being criticized over their lootboxes.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

To me, it's simple. People need to boycott games and refuse to fuel the fire. The course will never change if they're able to keep making money. It's been long coming but this is not how games were initially marketed and while I understand we live in a different world where servers require upkeep and staff so I'm ok paying nominal fees for DLC's or certain services but it has to stop or we will never get games that are monetarily fair for gamers unless a point is made.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hahaha holy shit. Nice matchmaking too!

• 1Barf

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Overwatch is an interesting comparison because the player base is actually retarded. I'll put it to you this way. My 11 year old daughter gets to play video games only on weekends. Most weekends we're out of town at sports events, so zero time spent playing.

She's now level 100 in Overwatch, I think level 104, and she'll tell me when these insane morons show up. There are people with > 4 silver stars getting their asses kicked by an 11 year old girl who gets to play the game maybe 4 hours a week. Watching her play, to someone like most of us here - retired powergamers - is extremely difficult. Yet here she is playing against people who may have thousands of hours into the game.

If Blizzard makes a killing off those people buying loot boxes so they can look like tribal warriors or whatever the fuck, so be it. So long as kids who have spent $0 on it (I did buy it for $60, as that was the only box price offered on PS4 at the time.) can demolish them. That's the critical point. You can spend a ton of time and money, but that shouldn't give you any kind of bonus (in a game like a FPS game, at least.) against those who paid the minimum entry price.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users