Star Wars Battlefront II

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love to know how much Disney had to do with this 180 because EA may have been told to take that shit out or lose the license.
Disney did not appreciate being questioned by CNN about running an online gambling game with the Star Wars License :)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure why this should fall under the gambling laws. It's like a pack of MTG cards, you buy them without knowing what's inside, yet it's not gambling. Or is it ?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure why this should fall under the gambling laws. It's like a pack of MTG cards, you buy them without knowing what's inside, yet it's not gambling. Or is it ?
It may not actually be gambling by law, but everyone with a pulse should realize how fucked up it is to buy something with real money when you don't know what you'll get. It was bullshit with panini stickers, it is bullshit with card packs, and until now you could at least stay away from that shit by not playing "collecting games" at all. But they're now injecting this cash cow mechanic into every single genre, and since they are lord over the IPs, they get to taint stuff we love.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff

Legally, no, it is a "blind box" which isn't gambling as defined by US law (as far as I know). However, abstractly speaking, a blind box is a type of "gambling" mechanic in the way it plays with our psychology.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
So are they just going to implement it again in 2 months when all this controversy dies and nobody cares because 7 call of duties will come out in that time?

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are they just going to implement it again in 2 months when all this controversy dies and nobody cares because 7 call of duties will come out in that time?

we might as well bet money on that, since gambling is the future of gaming anyways.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What’s funny is aside from the all this, the game is absolute ass. Shit campaign, same objectives in GC constantly, garbage maps although they look nice obviously. Even without the crates the game blows.

• 3Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The multiplayer progression is built around people buying the occasional loot crate, so I guarantee you the progression will be as slow as fuck.

They're probably relying on people being burned out on the long progression time in a month or so, and they can swoop in and add microtransactions back in.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This is a shame. I didn't buy the last one but I remember reading early on that they were going to knock it out of the park on this one so I was going to buy it. Nope. Looks like I will continue to wait for Bannerlord 2022.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, thread has grown 15 pages since I last visited. This game must be amazing!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Star Wars: Battlefront II microtransactions go offline until EA can ‘make changes’
CwUMWz2UoAAC1oL.jpg

The best part is the hole they are digging seems to be getting deeper. Now that they have turned it off, what happens to all the stuff/people who used it?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It honestly amazes me that they are "listening to the gamers" yet they pull this kind'a shit. I was trying to stick up for EA before all this shit went down. Now? Heh. No fucking way.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think listening to the gamers is code for, do whatever to make it not headline news so we can get back to whatever again later.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's the same shit where your boss calls everyone in and asks for input but it doesn't matter since is mind is already made up. It's never what you want. That's what EA does to gamers with this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hate on me faggots, I still bought it, downloading right now. Gonna enjoy the shit out of this game this weekend and next week when im off work while you faggots play with your dicks.

• 6Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"Accelerated experience" hahaha! :)

Oh.... And...

""From here on out, all games from the EA and Ubisoft label will be launched at full price for 21 days. After that, new launches will be placed on sale for half the price to seed target market install for microtransactions."

"We can make the front dollars on retail from early adopters. We will install the base after for microtransactions which bring in 54% more revenue than the product sale. We have others in place that will follow the lead if the consumer fallout does not catch on, Namely Hanger 13, Take Two, and Zenimax Media."

I would say this should be enough fallout to stop Hangar 13, Zenimax and Take Two to reconsider. And no doubt about it that EA is feigning here in the hopes the base install rises and they can turn it all back on. Because that's their ultimate goal.

• 2Picard

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hate every person in this thread that bought this game. You should have combined all your monies and bought me a Nintendo Switch, it would have been put to better use.

• 2Worf