Star Wars Battlefront II

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love the fact this brand new Star Wars game has only 2k twitch viewers less than a week before early access and four days after launch.

I think EA has really fucked it this time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What's next? Are you going to have your dad beat us up?

Look asshole you just don't understand, P2W is for the people who you know, don't have time to play the game! They just want to compete on equal terms, you know, without being held to all the same standards! Nothing to do with generating an unfair advantage by using your credit card!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
God guys, you two are deep thinkers. Honest question, what do you two Einsteins do for a living, you have me actually curious.

Edit: Also, Ut. Holy shit, you have to be well over 50 now. Did you point your cane at your PC and yell "damn kids" after you hit the POST REPLY button? lol

I'm a vet. I deal with horseshit all day so I can pick up on it pretty quick.

Not the best income, not the worst income.

Still don't buy loot crates because I'd prefer to play the game that I've bought.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Dis

Confirmed Male
What's next? Are you going to have your dad beat us up?

I dont know if you are being intentionally funny, but god damn this post made me laugh.

Seriously, you are hyper defensive about your income generation.

I understand Ut, homeboy has been a jihadist over reactor since MithMarrNews days. Fast forward 25-30 years later, nothing has changed. I have no idea what Ut does for a living, but he can be a quack, even when he is right he is still a loon. At least he goes to lengths to explain his PoV however batshit they are.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1SJW

Dis

Confirmed Male
gshurik gshurik - OK cool, but why are you so hostile to people who buy loot crates? Are you hostile to people who pay money for WoW tokens, card packs, heroes, loot crates, etc etc on Bnet?

I am just trying to understand. I get it, SW BF2 is a poorly made game, but it is bound to happen that a poorly made game will sell loot crates. Is the argument about people trying to censor shows on TV or Radio not the same? Either you choose to participate or not, but dont bitch about content? I kind of view it that way. My beef is not about the crates themselves, but how they sold the product by changing the system not once but twice within a span of 2-3 weeks.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
OK cool, but why are you so hostile to people who buy loot crates? Are you hostile to people who pay money for WoW tokens, card packs, heroes, loot crates, etc etc on Bnet?

Yes. I think it's all pretty retarded, but at least with a game like Hearthstone it doesn't have an entry cost and even though the pricing model is pretty steep, you're still able to get quite a lot done as a f2p player whilst building a decent collection. I still think Gwent is handled way better though.

I am just trying to understand. I get it, SW BF2 is a poorly made game, but it is bound to happen that a poorly made game will sell loot crates. is the arguement about people trying to censor shows on TV or Radio not the same? Either you choose to participate or not, but dont bitch about content? I kind of view it that way. My beef is not about the crates themselves, but how they sold the product by changing the system not once but twice within a span of 2-3 weeks.

It's pushing terrible business practices into franchises that already attract the kind of player who is more likely to shell out on shit like this. It's predatory and shady. This is one of the first instances of a p2w mechanic actually being present in a AAA title and it's something I don't want EA to see as financially viable because being able to pay for an advantage over other players is the kind of insidious shit that would infect any game trying to make a quick buck.

I want there to be better games getting released, not worse games.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
P2W is the only thing that bothered me about the loot crates in this game. I don't really care that much about loot crates in games that just have cosmetic items, especially since I never buy them.

But they are a form of gambling and there is a significant portion of humanity that has issues with gambling. Since games tend to be marketed to children that makes it doubly problematic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
OK cool, but why are you so hostile to people who buy loot crates?

Its funny how youre ripping on people for their income but completely lack the critical thinking on why its not good to support companies who ruin franchises and put out garbage like this game

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
P2W is the only thing that bothered me about the loot crates in this game. I don't really care that much about loot crates in games that just have cosmetic items, especially since I never buy them.

But they are a form of gambling and there is a significant portion of humanity that has issues with gambling. Since games tend to be marketed to children that makes it doubly problematic.

I feel the same way. If someone asks me my opinion on it I'll tell them that I don't like it, but I'm not going to rally against it with huge vim and vigor. At the end of the day it's the choice of the individual player as to whether they want to buy cosmetics and I don't really care about it (I still have misgivings about the predatory nature of some loot crates though).

When it starts effecting content it's a whole different kettle of fish though. Not only is it predatory, but it's actually hurting the balance.

• 1Like

Dis

Confirmed Male
Again, there are plenty of games that are AAA that were horrible releases that had nothing to do with loot crates. I am trying to understand how you are equating the two as there is some kind of standing correlation (there is not). I mean they have already fucked up, me being an example. EA is not getting a dime of my money again, ever. It sucks because they have my favorite IP right now, but they fucked up. I am sure I am not the only person who has the means to by extras in the thousands of dollars without blinking an eye on my budget who feels or felt the same way. You guys are wayyyyy to doom and gloom if you believe this is some kind of apocalyptic future of gaming.

In the end, supply and demand will always win in a free market. If you put out quality gaming, people will come (it may take a little marketing budget bump to help it along). If you put out a shit game, a series will die, no matter how popular it is or was (Dead Space for example, after they released Dead Space 3). If you want to worry about something, worry about an AAA game that is released totally free where ALL content is blocked behind a paywall. Star Wars BF2 is not even close to that.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Dis

Confirmed Male

I can kind of see this perspective, but how is this any different than buying booster packs for CCG games online or IRL?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
CCG is a little different since you have a tangible object to sell and trade for the cards you want or get cash back. I can always buy the one card I'm missing also to round out the deck I want. That doesn't exist with loot boxes. Online CCG might be the dumbest games to buy into because you have nothing to show for it.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can kind of see this perspective, but how is this any different than buying booster packs for CCG games online or IRL?

Dont' play CCG games generally.

But many games sell booster packs (xp etc) and that's fine by me as long as they aren't required. Don't buy them myself but don't care if others do. The Devs have to pay the bills like the rest of us. So they have to sell something. And there is a lot of grey area in there.

As long as I can play the game without getting my credit card out every 10 minutes just to stay alive and compete, then they have a chance of me sticking around.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I dont know if you are being intentionally funny, but god damn this post made me laugh.

Seriously, you are hyper defensive about your income generation.

I understand Ut, homeboy has been a jihadist over reactor since MithMarrNews days. Fast forward 25-30 years later, nothing has changed. I have no idea what Ut does for a living, but he can be a quack, even when he is right he is still a loon. At least he goes to lengths to explain his PoV however batshit they are.
What are you talking about? Defensive? I am making fun of your retarded ass trying to rationize your retarded spending habits. I've made it well known on these forums I am a dirty defense contractor in the WMD field, mainly focusing in biology.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Dis

Confirmed Male
What are you talking about? Defensive? I am making fun of your retarded ass trying to rationize your retarded spending habits. I've made it well known on these forums I am a dirty defense contractor in the WMD field, mainly focusing in biology.

Damn youre an angry shit poster. Must have struck a nerve.

Last edited:
  • 4Salty

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Damn youre an angry shit poster. Must have struck a nerve.

We could take about fifty of you and you wouldn’t have the brain power to make @ZyyzYzzy’s pinky twitch.

Dis

Confirmed Male
You really need to change your signature.

No, i corrected it just in time. Logic behind my sig which goes way back. I dont have a problem with there thier theyre, or your youre. Generally people say your instead of youre or there/thier, point is people type so fast they use less letters to get thier point across. I dont take it as people not knowing the difference.

Why i have a specific pet peeve is because i honestly believe some people think lose is spelt loose. I cannot explain how someone typing too fast can mispell a word that does not sound the same and is mispelling it by adding a letter.

The sig is to let folks know what the definition of loose and lose mean. If you want to mispell words, im not gonna criticize you for it. Just give me a well thought opinion to work with or ponder on.

• 1Picard