Star Wars Battlefront II

Dis

Confirmed Male
We could take about fifty of you and you wouldn’t have the brain power to make @ZyyzYzzy’s pinky twitch.

Wow Ut, you got me. That was devastating. Your flaming is starting to suck at your old age. Time to start a GoFundMe for your retirement home, you will need to pay someone to listen to your insane ramblings.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
In the end, supply and demand will always win in a free market.

*spits up water* Err, wait... wat?

I would agree with you, but somewhat luckily we're not in a free market. In a free market, clean air and clean water are considered monetization schemes.

Now, I'm not asking the government to step in and regulate this kind'a shit. I'd be much happier if these companies could regulate themselves. But I will if I have to. Please, don't shove me to that point.

• 1Solidarity

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
No, i corrected it just in time. Logic behind my sig which goes way back. I dont have a problem with there thier theyre, or your youre. Generally people say your instead of youre or there/thier, point is people type so fast they use less letters to get thier point across. I dont take it as people not knowing the difference.

First off make sure you can spell it correctly before you go all grammar nazi on someone else. Second, is there some problem with your apostrophe key?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
First off make sure you can spell it correctly before you go all grammar nazi on someone else. Second, is there some problem with your apostrophe key?

Hasn't dropped in his Scrabble loot crates yet

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Entertainment should come in at a price sensitivity value of about $2/hr. The average gamer will easily extract 50 hours of gameplay from SW:BF2.
Thank god I wasnt charged $2/hr for the few thousand hours I dumped in the original starcraft or BF1942.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thank god I wasnt charged $2/hr for the few thousand hours I dumped in the original starcraft or BF1942.

kotick.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Dis

Confirmed Male

1.) Where did I go grammar nazi? I was responding to the grammar nazi about my sig, why I had it, the point of it. I dont think in my god knows how long posting in our various forums, I have every flamed anyone for grammatical mistakes except for people who post block of text. But that is not about being a dick, more about asking someone to use paragraphs so I can actually read your post without trying to stick needles in my eyes.

2.) Message was typed by phone with auto correct turned off. Damn guys, when did this forum become such a stickler to apostrophes. Yikes

Dont worry though, Ill make sure to send all posts to my editor-in-chief in the future so not to offend.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I love the fact this brand new Star Wars game has only 2k twitch viewers less than a week before early access and four days after launch.

I think EA has really fucked it this time.

Twitch viewership is almost meaningless as a metric.

• 1Picard

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
2.) Message was typed by phone with auto correct turned off. Damn guys, when did this forum become such a stickler to apostrophes. Yikes
So your phone also autocorrekts "their" to "thier?" Maybe you're the one who doesn't know the difference between "there" and "their."

Can someone put this on r/iamverysmart?

• 1Worf

Dis

Confirmed Male
The comprehension skills on some of you is disturbing...

Lol auto correct off means when I am typing out a message and mispell a word it does not autocorrect. Hope this helps you understand the functionality of autocorrect!!!!

This is a hell of a derail though, loving it...

• 2Picard
  • 1Smuggly

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you don't come correct grammatically, don't come at all, son.

When you make mistake you have to just eat crow, don't blame auto correct or some bullshit. Take it from me, I have spent quite a few points in the retard skill tree.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I cannot explain how someone typing too fast can mispell a word that does not sound the same and is mispelling it by adding a letter.
It's a lot like how someone can misspell a word that doesn't sound the same and is misspelling it by removing a letter.

• 3Worf

Quaid

Trump's Staff

'Average'.

I paid $45 for TRIBES back in the 90s. Probably got 3000 hours out of that game.

I don’t even wanna think about EQ or WoW. At least they charged subscriptions. Maybe the industry should consider that again for MP focused titles. The only problem is that it would require significant amounts of collusion between companies to start it up, because nobody is gonna take that dive into the pool alone.

• 1Picard

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
They'd also have to have the self imposed longevity and regular "free" content generation that a game like wow has in order to warrant a monthly fee. No more yearly iterations and hitting you for 20 dollars for a four map pack. Not really feasible anyway since the modern shooter is all about pushing a rigs performance and going by the wow model you would only be able to upgrade a games engine every 3-4 years and still make sure it can run at some level on a toaster.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
'Average'.

I paid $45 for TRIBES back in the 90s. Probably got 3000 hours out of that game.

I don’t even wanna think about EQ or WoW. At least they charged subscriptions. Maybe the industry should consider that again for MP focused titles. The only problem is that it would require significant amounts of collusion between companies to start it up, because nobody is gonna take that dive into the pool alone.

Oh yeah, that game where you spend money on a retail box price, had free maps for a minimum of a year after, and they still made a boatload of cash and we used Kali for a registration fee for life for $10 bucks? How did Kali make money even back in the day? Because this shit is basically free to them as well and they found a way to monetize everything - without bringing ANY value to the actual services themselves. Get out of here with this cry for the publisher bullshit. Want to make more money? Make more games, instead of charging me 50 bucks for 12 maps and saying, "But they are so difficult to make" when 1) They aren't. 2) They are the same maps retooled anyhow. Hell, look at this game. Damn near all the maps are just reiteration corridor corrections of the last damn game. Look at Far Cry Primal - the same damn map as Far Cry 4. It's a damn joke and if you bought into it you may as well well just stay glued to MSNBC for all your factual news for the rest of your life.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
He's just gonna blame rising costs, like he's the CEO of some Fortune 500 company. It's the same shit, over and over again.

I'll agree that costs are prolly rising, but fuck. So is the market. When supply costs increase 5% and the market grows by 1000%, you don't worry about the supply costs. You worry about the quality of your product.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So is the market. When supply costs increase 5% and the market grows by 1000%, you don't worry about the supply costs. You worry about the quality of your product.

Bingo. And publishers obviously want less risk and more reward and this is there way of going about it. Let's just all call it what it is Quaid. And no, costs are not rising. Contractors are being used, assets are always being re-utilized, and then some idiot blames art and animation as the reason why game costs rise when they use the same shit from their last two annual IP's - while 2 art and animation directors make over 150k a year and the rest of the people responsible for the work make dog shit. Hell, every Ubi game pulls from the same pool of assets and has been for the last 4 years!

Witcher 3 cost 66 million. Meanwhile EA spent over that on Mass Effect Andromeda. Blame idiot publishers for rising costs due to inept producers and management. Not us.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No, i corrected it just in time. Logic behind my sig which goes way back. I dont have a problem with there thier theyre, or your youre. Generally people say your instead of youre or there/thier, point is people type so fast they use less letters to get thier point across. I dont take it as people not knowing the difference.

Why i have a specific pet peeve is because i honestly believe some people think lose is spelt loose. I cannot explain how someone typing too fast can mispell a word that does not sound the same and is mispelling it by adding a letter.

The sig is to let folks know what the definition of loose and lose mean. If you want to mispell words, im not gonna criticize you for it. Just give me a well thought opinion to work with or ponder on.

Nice attempt at a save but I think everyone knows you're still dumb. If you consistently get your/you're wrong, it's probably because you don't know the difference.

• 2Solidarity

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Since some people are apparently are operating under a delusion to justify their poor decisions (Dis), blind box mechanics are designed specifically to take money from people that are bad at math, a slave to their dopamine spikes, or especially both. If you like (rather than tolerate because you have no other choice) these mechanics then you are one of the above.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity