Star Wars Battlefront II

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually if you still think it's a valid business practice w/o any warning or anything like that on the box you have no business ethics and are pretty much a scumbag.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The problem is this becomes the norm in games because other shit faces have no self control. They're looking for the 5% of weak willed bitches to prop up bad design for everyone else. We don't want game companies designing games around the minority of idiots just to make some easy cash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dis

Confirmed Male
Looks like Bungie was throttling the XP system on how it pertains to Bright Engrams. They were found out by their bonus xp day or whatever, players figured it out after noticing it took longer to earn bright engrams even though they were doing the same activities.

You guys should be thanking EA for being so brutally upfront they are about the loot crates. They are a catalyst into folks looking deeper into this issue. Not to mention Skin gambling has been an ongoing far worse issue.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes, we are thankful this thanksgiving that EA went full retard.

giphy.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Holy shit the campaign is trash lmao. So gimmicky. Hallway garbage.

Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a lightsaber!
Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a tie fighter!
Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a walker!

So Star Wars. Very force is with me.

The mission names should be;

“Minimum Effort”
“Happy Now, Nerds?”
“GOTY inc”
“We Truly Hate You”

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Looks like Bungie was throttling the XP system on how it pertains to Bright Engrams. They were found out by their bonus xp day or whatever, players figured it out after noticing it took longer to earn bright engrams even though they were doing the same activities.

You guys should be thanking EA for being so brutally upfront they are about the loot crates. They are a catalyst into folks looking deeper into this issue. Not to mention Skin gambling has been an ongoing far worse issue.

jlawok.gif

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit the campaign is trash lmao. So gimmicky. Hallway garbage.

Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a lightsaber!
Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a tie fighter!
Here’s the level where you stomp everybody with a walker!

So Star Wars. Very force is with me.

The mission names should be;

“Minimum Effort”
“Happy Now, Nerds?”
“GOTY inc”
“We Truly Hate You”

glad you wasted your $$$

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
The first 3 missions of the campaign are great, you play as a true believer in the empire and you are wrecking rebel scum and while the environment is dead (nothing to interact with) I still enjoyed it. And then... they go super tropey and its pretty disappointing.

If you have EA/Origin access though you can play the game for free for 10 hours or the first 3 story missions, can do that and not touch the game again. I gotta admit though, I do enjoy playing the game for an hour or two a day, at first I really didn't like starfighter mode but as Quaid said its really grown on me, its actually pretty fun with a lot of limitations.

Its like there is a great game buried in here under piles of loot crates and unfinished stuff, but it would need 3-4 years and huge staff to really turn this from a basic bitch game into something on the level of KOTOR 2017. Its such a shame that Lucasarts nor EA have that vision, they could have easily turned Battlefront into a GTA level of game but they went hard for short term profits and it shows now in every game they make. There are a couple of really talented people at DICE though and I hope they are able to break out and make their own game in the future.

To me the funny thing is how much pressure this now puts on Bioware and their so-called "A-team", after Mass Effect Andromeda and NFS Payback now this nobody has any faith in anything EA will put out. Thats a deep, deep, deep hole for Anthem to crawl out of.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anthem will fucking suck and everyone knows it now. Garbage company garbage fucking games.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
glad you wasted your $$$

Definitely bought this game for the single player. I’m gonna /wrists over that $70 now.

Also, I’m gonna get more playtime value out of Starfighter Assault than I got out of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Also, I’m gonna get more playtime value out of Starfighter Assault than I got out of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Compares a single player game experience to a run of the mill multi player game.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Quaid Quaid never gave Horizon a chance because there was no option for objectively ruining meat you scavange from wildlife kills by overcooking it.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Anthem is gonna suck besides all of this shit with MTX. There isn't much there. If all they did was look at Destiny and The Division and go, "Hey, we want a piece of that action!" it's definitely gonna suck.

Maybe not to the Destiny people, but to me? Yah, it'll suck.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anthem is going to be hilariously bad. Look at how shitty Destiny 2, BF2, COD WWII, etc. are on content. It's going to be complete trash.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played a bunch of this over the weekend both galactic war and starfighter missions. The starfighter missions are fun as hell I am not great at it but you get those times when you are in an interceptor dodging through a crazy junkyard of exploded ships in space having three enemies trying to kill you die from debris impact as you wildly through yourself around and it just feels very amazingly starwars.

The ground combat is also pretty fun. I wound up playing officer a bunch and some good use of officer abilities can really make a huge impact on success of a mission which is nice for a support person. Some of the maps like kamino are really interesting cross of big outdoor fighting across the outside of the clone facility and then large pretty intricate interior fights. It is really hard to setup choke points because there are so many ways to get to most rooms if people know the routes you can get behind folks trying to camp and really blow them up. Some like the naboo map are a bit more hallway like where there are a few set city streets but it makes sense for what you are doing on the map.

Honestly the loot crates are not my biggest progression pet peeve it is the character unlocks. Like for the officer having to get 50 killing blows to upgrade your starter gun to something you can modify takes a good while to do. They are not assaults or heavies so their kills come in kinda slow especially once you get the force shield. I love the turret but on most maps the shield is the better choice it really helps cap some exposed objectives so you are not getting shot to pieces while trying to plant a bomb or defuse a bomb.

Overall its a pretty fun starwars game saddled with a badly thought out progression system. Right now the game is pretty fun to play but I can see in 6 months or so if people are still playing it there is going to be a REALLY bad new player experience trying to go against fully upgraded people and the time it takes to get even one of the class types up tp speed. The other downside of their current system it actively discourages shifting roles during a fight to better match your game objectives because you wind up just making all the progression seem even slower.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So having played this for about a week now I have a few observations and a few things I would like to see changed. I mostly played galactic assault with a bit of space battles thrown in. A bit of 10 v10 CQC as well.

For one is the advancement part of the game. So far I have advanced all 3 classes into the 20s (card level, overall I think im 23) just by playing and I like the advancement in this game. Yeah, the cards are RNG, but you can craft them so even if you are missing that one or two cards that you want to play with, you can simply craft them up. I like the weapon advancement as well, guns open up after certain amount of kills with class, and then the individual gun accessories open up after using that gun for certain amount of kills with it. I think this is a great way to advance as you do just by playing the game. If youre good, you will have all weapons opened up quickly, if you suck and only get like 5 kills per game, well, it might take you a while. The one thing I would like to see changed is there needs to be more crafting parts drop in the crates as well as I would like to see some other way to get them, instead of getting credits for duplicate cards, I should be able to get crafting parts from duplicates, it only makes sense. i feel just on the sheer amount of cards int he game, 3 classes and having the ability to play different classes differently by equipping other cards, it feels like crafting parts are just too rare and hard to come by. For instance I think it takes something like 430 crafting parts to take a blue card up to a purple. And an average crate drops like 50 parts, if that. Now there are ways to get crafting parts other than crates, and that is like playing arcade mode and doing achievements, but those are usually one time deals.

Galactic assault is fun but there is definitely some exploits, or shall I say cheats, in getting battle points (to open up heroes later in match). some maps have air battles and while this is all nice, these air battles simply reward too much. For one most starships you are fighting are bots so they are really easy to take down and respawn almost instantly and they reward an insane amount of points for just killing one. For instance you shoot down a bot and get 300 battle points for destroying a vehicle, and another 200 bb for playing the objective. Add in a RL person and then its another 100 points if you manage to take down a RL player. Thing is on some maps you dont even have to be in a starship to abuse this. For instance the two snow maps, with wide open vistas, you can easily snipe away at the bots or rl players up in the sky and rack up insane amount of points. Again 500-600+ BP per ship, thats like shooting 5-6+ players. One match i was doing this in just to see, i racked up over 7000 BP in the beginning pahase of one of those maps just sniping the sky, lol before I got bored and shot some mans, but you can see how breaking this can be. this is a guaranteed luke or vader later in the match. They need to definitely reduce the amount of BPs you can get in the sky or better yet make it diminish over time, so the more youre up there or shooting them from ground, the less points you accumulate so you have to go back to ground game and thus also opening up another slot in the sky for someone else to try the starship game. Essentially reduce the starship farming for BP in all 20 vs 20 galactic assault maps.

The 10 vs 10 team deathmatch mode is fun but the only complaint is the respawn system. I guess this could be said for any game with that kind of mode though. The maps are pretty big (In cut off portions of the GA maps) but you constantly get raped by people spawning behind you, way more so than they should.

The other mode that I played was 8 v 8 with objectives. This is usually done inside of one of the bigger GA maps, but you get 2 nodes you either have to attack or defend. Pretty fun too.

Wanted to play the hero vs hero mode one night but didnt because queue was fucked and didnt have patience to stick around, it was also like 4 AM in the morning. But i have watched several matches on twitch and looks pretty fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the kill x many things for most classes is okay but officers starter gun unless your aim is really good and get consistent head shots is not something you are going to rack up a lot of kills with. Also their initial grenade is very low damage and used mostly for its blind effect. Its easy to get a shitload of assists on officer with starting stuff but getting the actual kills is challenging until you get the second gun. The second gun is a pretty nice sniper pistol and really nice on maps like hoth or kamino with longer sight lines.