TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2192.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was not a good movie by any measure. The clone movie was somehow even worse. The Sith movie was just ok. Oh wait, I just remembered Padme"s dialogue. "Oh no, you are breaking my heart." Fuck that movie too.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
It was not a good movie by any measure. The clone movie was somehow even worse. The Sith movie was just ok. Oh wait, I just remembered Padme"s dialogue. "Oh no, you are breaking my heart." Fuck that movie too.

yeah prequel trilogy is pretty easily 3 > 1 > 2

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually think Episode 3 was pretty good overall. Or at least enough positives to overcome any negatives.

3 >>>> 1 >> 2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I kinda liked Episode 3 and was thrilled at how raw and emotional the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin felt, like they'd finally abandoned the overly choreographed dance-fighting from Ep 1 and 2. Then came that part where they stood right in front of one another and twirled their lightsabers around nonsensically for almost a full five seconds without any clashes. And then the ending where Obi-Wan is like 'HAHA the high ground means I get an attack of opportunity' and Anakin is like "NOT AFTER THIS REFLEX SA...oh fuck I rolled a 1".

I can forgive the Vader noooo because at least it made for some fantastic memes.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Episode 1 was the best of the three and that isn't saying much. I think that mostly boils down to the fact that everyone was so optimistic and there was still two movies left, so there's a nostalgia. It's also more care free because they didn't have to randomly figure out how to insert a war with clones because of a throw away line, nor did they have to tell the entire story of the fall of the Republic in one movie because they forgot to put it into the other two.

Merrith

Nah, Obi Wan/Anakin from end of 3 was the best fight of the prequels. Yes the one twirling scene and the high ground shit was over the top, but the rest is still best live action lightsaber fight.

Also bless that throwaway line forcing war with clones...b/c it ended up giving us the Clone Wars animated show.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I remember being in the theater for ep2 and seeing Yoda walk into the cave w/ Doku and thinking, 'i've been waiting my whole life for this moment'. then thinking, 'well that was a let down'.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prequels are good only if you see them as a forward thinking Palpatine wanting to purge a bunch of religious kooks out of control of the galaxy and establish actual law and order. He is the hero and finally manages to break the hold of the child kidnapping religious secret society that were running things to the point where teenagers were immediately put in charge of entire armies with the fate of the Republic on the line. It still incredibly dumb, but if you look at it with Pappa Palpatine as the protagonist, it gets stronger at the end.

Really though, it completely destroyed the entire Darth Vader mythos, by having Anakin/Vader consistently be one of the most incompetent characters ever. And for all of the flaws in Ashoka, I don't blame the actor one bit. Lucas turbo fucked his own legacy and destroyed his prize villian..... or at least I thought that until I saw the fucking Obi Wan series.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
they'd finally abandoned the overly choreographed dance-fighting from Ep 1 and 2.

Proof this guy is insane, the ep 1 final fight is the best in all 9 movies and hasn't come close to being matched

The reason tpm is the most watched is because people who watched prequels as kids love the prequels and now they're adults

• 1Cringe

Merrith

Proof this guy is insane, the ep 1 final fight is the best in all 9 movies and hasn't come close to being matched

The reason tpm is the most watched is because people who watched prequels as kids love the prequels and now they're adults

I can understand if someone thinks final fight of 1 is the best, even if I think they're wrong.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ep1 fight has a permanence to it that ep3's certainly doesn't have, we also know what happens long before we get to see the fight.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Nah, Obi Wan/Anakin from end of 3 was the best fight of the prequels. Yes the one twirling scene and the high ground shit was over the top, but the rest is still best live action lightsaber fight.

Also bless that throwaway line forcing war with clones...b/c it ended up giving us the Clone Wars animated show.
I really liked yoda vs emp... mostly cause the emperor just looked like he was having so much FUN, but I love me the heck out of some overacting villains. He could have been fighting a bowl of ramen and it'd still be my favorite fight of the prequels.

What really confuses me is the younger crowd legitimately thinks the phantom menace was a really good movie...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it has a lot to do with age. If you were some goofy little kid experiencing a star wars film for the first time, then yeah it's probably gonna be a good time for you. As a person in their 20s that loved the OT, it was a huge letdown.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I remember being in the theater for ep2 and seeing Yoda walk into the cave w/ Doku and thinking, 'i've been waiting my whole life for this moment'. then thinking, 'well that was a let down'.

It wasn’t just a let down, it shattered the character. Absolutely atrocious.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did not watch the OT before i was around 25-30 years old and I can totally see why people prefer the prequel. OT had Lame luke and space indiana jones, prequel had Qui Gon and Obi wan

• 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users