Star Wars Rebels

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure about the timeline but they should be a year or two off from Rogue One. I don't think the Jedi stuff is gonna go away too much.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
How close to A New Hope and Rogue One are they now? Gotta start winding down the Jedi stuff or at least keep it out of plain view.

They are still about 2 years out from New Hope when the next season starts. At the start, it was supposed to be 5 years before ANH and they've done fairly significant time jumps in between the seasons so far.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So Thrawn vs Rebels with the full might of the Empire?

Yeah . . . no thx, don't want them raping my favorite Star Wars character. Only way this works, is if Thrawn gets sent to the Outer Rim etc on assignment to return years after Yavin (I think? The timing in the books worked because the Empire was shattered when he returned and he was vs the Alliance's greater force).

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably the show I am most excited for, I have my 3 year old way into it too, he cheers every time he sees Darth Vader I hope that doesn't mean I'm a bad dad

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does this show actually get good? Everytime I watched EP01, I kept thinking that I was starting halfway through the 2nd season or something because it kind of just begans at a random point in time.

You don't get to know the characters, their motives, backstory, or anything in the early episodes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Does this show actually get good? Everytime I watched EP01, I kept thinking that I was starting halfway through the 2nd season or something because it kind of just begans at a random point in time.

You don't get to know the characters, their motives, backstory, or anything in the early episodes.

I think if you liked Clone Wars you will like this. There is a lot of character development as the show goes on.

Woolygimp

Stormtroopers missing point blank shots really bothers me. It's like the Battle of Hoth every episode, except these five guys stand off against half the Imperial Navy. I know it's a cartoon, but cmon....!

The first episode, the non Jedi big guy throws around 12 Stormtroopers but they're shooting at him from like three feet away.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
it gets much better but definitely takes a handful of episodes. Season 2 is amazing, especially the last half of the season.

Woolygimp

You tell me to watch it or don't watch it. You tell me I'm trolling after I said I'm not going to pre-emptively pass judgement or post anything negative.

What the fuck was the point of your post?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
S1 is okay but the payoff for it is S2 which is very solid, especially the finale. The season suffers slightly from having too many episodes and some of them end up feeling like filler but the two-part finale is one of the best things I've seen set in the Star Wars universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Everytime I watched EP01, I kept thinking that I was starting halfway through the 2nd season or something because it kind of just begans at a random point in time.

I know what ya mean. Like, is hera married to Kanan, why are these people together? I was wondering the same thing. They wrote a book that was the leadup to this series and showed how hera and Kanan got together. I assume another is coming to show us where the manda and giant monkey-cat came from.