Star Wars Squadrons

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Graphics look great for me? Performance is great for me too.

Balance does seem a little off but it's hard to tell because 90% of people are fucking terrible.

The cockpit taking up a large portion of the screen is definitely a controversial design decision, but we saw this in all the promotional materials so it's not like it's new.

Mouse controls are awful but they were awful in the 3 games this is based on so that's not exactly unexpected either.

I hear the VR is very fucked on PC.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Graphics look great for me? Performance is great for me too.

Balance does seem a little off but it's hard to tell because 90% of people are fucking terrible.

The cockpit taking up a large portion of the screen is definitely a controversial design decision, but we saw this in all the promotional materials so it's not like it's new.

Mouse controls are awful but they were awful in the 3 games this is based on so that's not exactly unexpected either.

I hear the VR is very fucked on PC.

everybody: graphics are mediocre at best

mist: graphics are great

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not fucked on PC VR. I just played for a good 45 minutes with no problems. Its actually pretty immersive and kind of fun.

I havent played multiplayer yet though so there is still much to be seen. Initial impressions are good for me though. graphics are meh, but they arent awful.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, I think the graphics are pretty nice as well. I'm not sure what you guys classify as good or bad in that department but everything looks pretty to me and detailed.

I haven't crashed a single time and haven't seen a major imbalance really in PvP. I played it for almost 2 hours last night and enjoyed it, I'll see what today brings.

Edit: I played in VR as well and I don't get the complaints there either.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its not fucked on PC VR. I just played for a good 45 minutes with no problems. Its actually pretty immersive and kind of fun.

I havent played multiplayer yet though so there is still much to be seen. Initial impressions are good for me though. graphics are meh, but they arent awful.
ARS Technica did a pretty indepth review of the VR and it wasn't working well for them, might depend on your hardware. The fact that it's not compatible with Index controllers is weird.

I think the graphics are great. I can understand not liking the HUD elements, they're a little too old-school, they might want to offer an option for something a little more modern looking.

Jozu

im playing with PS4 controller. I wouldnt even want to use VR controllers for this game that would be retarded. Its pretty difficult to fly ship in No mans sky with VR controls, there is no way id be able to play competitively with that setup. Remote mutch better.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
im playing with PS4 controller. I wouldnt even want to use VR controllers for this game that would be retarded. Its pretty difficult to fly ship in No mans sky with VR controls, there is no way id be able to play competitively with that setup. Remote mutch better.

for VR I used my joystick, which to me, makes way more sense than the VR controls.

when out of VR I use a Xbox controller as I’m usually playing on my large screen and on the couch.

both control schemes seem fine, I find the controller controls to be (much) easier overall.

Mouse and keyboard as stated are garbage.

not saying my experience should be everyone else’s but I came into this game expecting to be very critical of it considering how much I hate EA and so far, have been enjoying it.

Crone

So much salt in here because it didn't live up to your own hype or something. Classic FoH.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I spent 45 minutes trying to configure HOTAS and VR on my pc, never could get the game to work at all, the farthest I made it was sitting in the TIE fighter inside the hangar. Refunded, will wait and see if they can get shit working in a future patch.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had high hopes but seeing how much this is getting shit on I think I'm just going to pass. Time to pony up and sell the Rift I think.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. It shouldn't surprise, but it does that you can basically build a totally real cockpit with everything from that site.

I feel like people that go to that length to play flight simulator are on the same level as model railroaders in the geek hierarchy (aka geeky af).

omlFi.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I loved X-Wing/Tie Fighter back in the day. Do you actually have to install Origin to play this, or can you just make an EA account?

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Cool. This would be my first EA game since Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not sure how their ecosystem works these days.

I hope the bugs get worked out soon.

Jozu

Its really not a bad game.

I dont see how you could enjoy it unless you were playing in VR though. Im using a high end PC with Samsung Odessey Plus with Ps4 remote and it works like a dream. Only real complaints I have seen is the pvp maps are too small, the collision physics are trash, they need to make it feel more "real" as far as the environment goes. It needs to feel dangerous, if you crash into a strucutre you should die, period.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I thought the graphics were fair. I didn't like the constant dust particles or whatever it is supposed to be to give you a feeling of movement. It seemed overdone. Actual cockpit gameplay felt bland and like I was just always shooting at specks.

Sound was pretty good. Cutscenes, story, voice acting all cringey.

Overall, I just didn't see myself being happy with it for $40. I'd play at at $10-$15.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm enjoying it. Played through the first few storyline missions then gave fleet vs AI a shot a couple times while on telecoms.

Right now every human is fighting as a solo player and the AI is fighting as a team and so it's pretty rough even on Easy mode. We were losing bad until I jumped in a T.I.E. Reaper and locked on to a teammate and served as his wingman / kept him topped off with supplies.

One thing I don't care for in the Fleet battle is the ease with which the tide flips back and forth. If you are actually attacking the cap ships to progress to the next phase then you end up losing ground on the morale meter thing and end up having to retreat through the arbitrary mechanics. I found the best way to handle this was to use a T.I.E. Bomber but make sure to fire the multimissile at a swarm of grunt rebels (as opposed to the AI named pilots). By crushing a ton of those grunts it helped to delay the flip back to D while most of the players worked on the Cap ship.

The other criticism has to do with the autotarget. In the Fleet scenario it tends to lock onto the current objective rather than cycling through the nearest fighters. This makes finding bad guys more challenging than it aught to be.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Sounds like the libcucks in this thread are enjoying the game and everyone with a set of balls thinks it's shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1601657086994.png

This is the entire game for me so far and it's still loading as I type this and show off my 1700 FPS *from a fucking SSD*.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user