Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lucasfilm is such dogshit.
The Force Awakens filmmaker goes on to say another daunting challenge was picking up where Rian Johnson left off in The Last Jedi:

“It was a completely unknown scenario. I had some gut instincts about where the story would have gone. But without getting in the weeds on episode eight, that was a story that Rian wrote and was telling based on seven before we met. So he was taking the thing in another direction. So we also had to respond to Episode VIII. So our movie was not just following what we had started, it was following what we had started and then had been advanced by someone else.”
On top of that, Abrams reiterated what everyone’s been saying about Episode IX—that it closes the chapter on the entire Luke Skywalker saga:

“So there was that, and, finally, it was resolving nine movies. While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge.”

Now that they’re in post-production and Abrams is back in the Bad Robot offices, the director says he thinks they pulled it all off.

“Strangely, we were sort of relentless and almost unbearably disciplined about the story and forcing ourselves to question and answer some fundamental things that at the beginning, I absolutely had no clue how we would begin to address. I feel like we’ve gotten to a place—without jinxing anything or sounding more confident than I deserve to be—I feel like we’re in a place where we might have something incredibly special. So I feel relief being home, and I feel gratitude that I got to do it. And more than anything, I’m excited about what I think we might have.”

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Isnt ep 9 to be out at the end of the year? and we have seen...nothing?

Pretty sure Disney want's to get their spandex heroes team-up movie out of the way first. They might actually drop a teaser/trailer with Avengers, perhaps. It'd make some sense from a marketing perspective.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

What is the point of spandex wearing heros if there is no giant budgle for the ladies and huge tits and ass for the men? all these scrawny gals they got are just wearing silly apparel.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lucasfilm is such dogshit.
The Force Awakens filmmaker goes on to say another daunting challenge was picking up where Rian Johnson left off in The Last Jedi:

On top of that, Abrams reiterated what everyone’s been saying about Episode IX—that it closes the chapter on the entire Luke Skywalker saga:

Now that they’re in post-production and Abrams is back in the Bad Robot offices, the director says he thinks they pulled it all off.
This may turn it around folks

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This may turn it around folks
dude even hedged his bet in that interview.
"And more than anything, I’m excited about what I think we might have.”
he couldnt even give us a fucking Mcquaid
MMO_Wolf_McQuaid.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
there is nothing to love about that movie. but its not as bad as TLJ. i guess dummies who saw Phantom Menace as little toddlers and loved it, grew up into faggots and still do.

Yeah, I remember seeing it and thinking both "dogshit" and "thanks for ruining my childhood" simultaneously. Little did I know at the time that it would get far, far, worse, and that they were going to take dogshit and inject feminist SJW nonsense into it, creating epic pink dogshit. If there's any "coming around to love The Phantom Menace", it's only because it's practically Oscar worthy when watched back to back with TLJ.

• 2Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought that Phantom Menace was pretty cool as a teenager but that Jar Jar Binks and Midiclorians fucking sucked. I didn't mind Clone Wars, the shitty romance didn't really register, my critisism at the time was too much CGI especially with Clones vs Droids nobody cared about. I saw Revenge of the Sith twice the day it came out and was pretty happy with it other than "Noooooooo!".

A lot of the prequel hate has been retroactive, I don't think that the Plinkett Reviews would have been as impactful if the prequels were universally loathed, the whole point of the videos was convincing us they were worse movies than we remembered.

Last Jedi I immediatly realised they had ruined Star Wars and swore to see no more, as did my normie parents who didn't mind the prequels either and grew up with the originals. It was fun making fun of Phantom Menace back in the day, it's not fun making fun of Last Jedi. That's the difference.

I think The Phantom Menance has gone from a 6/10 in 1999 to a 2/10 in 2009 to a 7/10 in 2019.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For all its Ills the Phantom Menace is what finally showed us what the Jedi were actually like. That insight and terms such as Padawan and all the various trappings were a revelation.

I have fond memories of it because of those aspects, and because the very notion of the Phantom Menace as a way to manipulate Palpatine into power is so deliciously wicked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw Phantom Menace in the theatre, didn't think it was particularly good and I hated Jar-Jar before the midway point. Having rewatched it a few times, I'll grant it that it was at least trying to tell a story, even if poorly executed. I'm still not sure what the story of TLJ was, anytime things got potentially interesting it turned on itself and killed that storyline.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saw Phantom Menace in the theatre, didn't think it was particularly good and I hated Jar-Jar before the midway point. Having rewatched it a few times, I'll grant it that it was at least trying to tell a story, even if poorly executed. I'm still not sure what the story of TLJ was, anytime things got potentially interesting it turned on itself and killed that storyline.

Literally the only moment in TLJ when I thought "Oh wow, this is interesting!" was when it seemed like Kylo and Rey were going to team up. The Rian Johnson subverted my expectations

• 2Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I remember the phantom menace fondly. But when I remember it, I forget about pod racing and remember how jar jar is sidious's master.

• 3Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What follows is just my opinion and not an argument for, or against, anyone else’s.

The Phantom Menace is not a bad movie, well maybe it is but whatever, it’s just not a good Star Wars movie when we expected and wanted, and fuck you all deserved, a better one. The Clone Wars is a fucking terrible Star Wars movie and Sith is an okay but not good Star Wars, all of them are worse than the OG trilogy...

But at least they are Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens is a bad Star Wars movie but it at least is a Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi is not.

It has that feel of the later ‘direct to video’ fucking god awful Hellraiser movies where it was clear they shoe horned a completely different story into the Hellraiser motif. The Last Jedi felt exactly like that, but worse because the writers had no clue what they were doing. That’s how the film feels to me, amongst so many so other complex and varied facets of hate.

I fucking despise TLJ and consider it the second worst film I have ever seen.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Phantom Menace commited the worse crime a movie can make, it was boring. Other than the Darth Maul stuff it was just a drag.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was a massive Star Wars fan on the night Phantom Menace released. I stopped giving a shit about Star Wars upon leaving the theater that night. I have watched all the movies since, but none on release. I can't even say I'm even a casual fan at this point. I get more enjoyment reading about the movies getting ripped apart.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
What follows is just my opinion and not an argument for, or against, anyone else’s.

The Phantom Menace is not a bad movie, well maybe it is but whatever, it’s just not a good Star Wars movie when we expected and wanted, and fuck you all deserved, a better one. The Clone Wars is a fucking terrible Star Wars movie and Sith is an okay but not good Star Wars, all of them are worse than the OG trilogy...

But at least they are Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens is a bad Star Wars movie but it at least is a Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi is not.

It has that feel of the later ‘direct to video’ fucking god awful Hellraiser movies where it was clear they shoe horned a completely different story into the Hellraiser motif. The Last Jedi felt exactly like that, but worse because the writers had no clue what they were doing. That’s how the film feels to me, amongst so many so other complex and varied facets of hate.

I fucking despise TLJ and consider it the second worst film I have ever seen.
Yeah, past hellraiser2 it was just bad.

2was kinda bad too, but it was so fucking gross that it achieved just based on that.

I'm not sure which is more terrifying hellraiser or alien. Probably hellraiser though. At least the xenomorph can die.