Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
11 months is a long time, but it's hard to belive we have 3 marvel movies to tide us over till them

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think we'll get something small before Celebration. Maybe the teaser within about a month, with a minute and a half trailer at Celebration. They've been in post production on this for months already, they are ready to deliver some goods.

The first R1 teaser came out in April but Celebration was in Europe last year so it fell in July. On top of not knowing if they'll move the release schedule around there is also the criticisms following Celebration last year that it didn't offer enough bang for those not in attendance, so they may opt to put the first one out while Celebration is going on to address that. I tend to agree with you though in that we'll get a teaser before then with either a full trailer at Celebration, a sizzle reel, or both.

iannis

Musty Nester
They've set Ray up so obviously. Ben Solo will somehow be redeemed, I'm sure.

Maybe something like Luke refuses to train Ray deciding that the Jedi teaching is flawed with duality, and tasks her to figure it out on her own. So Ray becomes a wizard, a truly empowered mother figure (NO MORE PATRIARCHY!) but she's not called a Jedi. And then Ben Solo, since Emperor Dumbledore is going to finish his training is indeed the last Jedi. Since Sith are Jedi.

Or something goofy like that. It lets them remake the Jedi entirely, rename them creating a new mythos sidestepping all of Lucas's second trilogy fanfic without having to retcon it, and tighten it back down to the shao-lin roots that are really what people want to see out of a Jedi.

Royal

I don't know that they'll step away from the Jedi label. It's too intertwined with what Star Wars is. But I can definitely see a reformed Jedi ethos replacing the previously established order with either Luke or Rey as the bridge between the two. After all Luke didn't take the path that Obi-wan insisted he must take in killing Vader. He "won" by ultimately refusing to fight him which echos something Yoda told Ezra Bridger in Rebels, that the Jedi had become prone to fear and hatred themselves during the Clone Wars by fighting for one side in that war. They could become more an order of wise men up on the mountain providing guidance but allowing the galaxy to make of itself what it will, I just don't know how well that would work as material for making good movies out of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kylo redeeming himself? Oh god....no more "its poetry it rhymes" bullshit.

I think it would be more fitting Rey and Luke being the last Jedi. Luke dies at the end and Rey becomes the guardian of the light side. And of course Kylo and Snoke die.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think Rey and Kylo should be this twin-power of the Force marrying the light and the dark as brother and sister bringing aspects of the Jedi (teaching and purpose) and the Sith (rule of 2). Essentially they become the keepers of the Force and only train their replacements instead of entire groups of Jedi as they decide the only means of keeping the Force balanced is two have 2 (1 representing each side) and future force sensitive users will be like Maz and the blind dude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know that they'll step away from the Jedi label. It's too intertwined with what Star Wars is. But I can definitely see a reformed Jedi ethos replacing the previously established order with either Luke or Rey as the bridge between the two. After all Luke didn't take the path that Obi-wan insisted he must take in killing Vader. He "won" by ultimately refusing to fight him which echos something Yoda told Ezra Bridger in Rebels, that the Jedi had become prone to fear and hatred themselves during the Clone Wars by fighting for one side in that war. They could become more an order of wise men up on the mountain providing guidance but allowing the galaxy to make of itself what it will, I just don't know how well that would work as material for making good movies out of.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Luke handing the reins (saber) over to Rey who is not Jedi but came from Jedi training and becomes something else similar to how the first order was introduced as the new empire in the last movie.

Royal

That sounds fake as shit. Is that supposed to be Snoke?

And of all the things I would expect to see an in and fade out shot of in a Star Wars teaser trailer, a nebula isn't on the list.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Kylo can only be "redeemed" in the same sense Vader was. By killing someone as fucked up as he is and dying in the process.

And even that was mostly thrown out when the guy MURDERED A BUNCH OF KIDS 5 seconds after embracing the dark side.

iannis

Musty Nester
Kylo can only be "redeemed" in the same sense Vader was. By killing someone as fucked up as he is and dying in the process.

And even that was mostly thrown out when the guy MURDERED A BUNCH OF KIDS 5 seconds after embracing the dark side.

Plus he killed his daddy.

I just can't help but think they're setting him up for redemption. It's star wars.

I do kinda hope they go the other way with it, and Kylo becomes a gruesome, irredeemable killing machine full of hate and vengeance and the first movie was more of a pre-history for him. But they'd have to have some really dark scenes. They'd have to have R rated scenes. They would have to make a movie that makes you despise him, and they'd have to go deep into the character of a villain. I just don't think Disney is going to commit to it that completely. It would take a whole movie. And that first movie wasn't exactly deep. They tried it with that warstory movie... but even that was pat and fairly nonsensical.

Sexual deviance would be the easiest way to do it, but they're not going to do that in a star wars movie. They're not going to portray him as a rapist.

So I do expect him to be redeemed, unfortunately.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also we know he killed Luke's other students, but we don't know why he saved Rey unless he's all Leon.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I get it, honestly. These guys know as much as me about SW, being pretty much the biggest thing in my life since forever, but make fun of people like me? Am I supposed to feel like crap about myself, or more about them because they know all this and then reduce it to nothing?

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't think I get it, honestly. These guys know as much as me about SW, being pretty much the biggest thing in my life since forever, but make fun of people like me? Am I supposed to feel like crap about myself, or more about them because they know all this and then reduce it to nothing?

They aren't making fun of fans, they are making fun of a couple specific podcasts ran by people that shill awful products while happily exchanging positive reviews for access and cash.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah if you've ever seen someone shilling excitement over an unboxing you'll understand exactly what they're going for. It's hilariously spot on and downright brutal in all the right ways.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
alright thanks, it was a meta level higher than I was aware of I guess. I tend to keep my head down most of the time and don't see the extra levels. Thanks you two.

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider

These guys nailed it again
I love this film
The film is not out yet
Oh... I love the title
lol
There's honesty nestled in their snarkiness. These guys are good.

The red logo reminded me of the Star Wars Trilogy paperback.
300?cb=20100713134614

Fake poster that's better than the official one. Slightly rustled they mucked up the quote. Spoilered for size.
I dig it!

Remember what Yoda told Luke, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."
pybo2gxemnby-png.114940