Star Wars: Visions

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't even know about this. I'll give it a try but don't expect me to jerk off to it.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Through the first 3 eps. This is a huge step up from last season, except that the first ep of last season was a total banger. Pretty blown away by the animation and the chances they are taking. The second ep I wasn't even feeling until the very end, and then it just delivered. Very very good so far.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just watched "Sith" and the animation style used is just plain stunning. Somehow its both minimalistic and simultaneously rich with detail. Similarly B2 is adorable and badass in a way that highlights the protagonists own duality of illumination and darkness.

Fadaar

That guy
as a big anime fan it's always fun to try and guess the studio for each episode, although if there's another trigger one it's almost too easy

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just watched "Sith" and the animation style used is just plain stunning. Somehow its both minimalistic and simultaneously rich with detail. Similarly B2 is adorable and badass in a way that highlights the protagonists own duality of illumination and darkness.
Almost gave up on 'Sith' as I couldn't figure out wtf was going on (Don't really like most animation and I was half asleep) boy am I glad I didn't , that was stunning! Would up watching it twice. I watched all 9 episodes. I also thought I'd already watched season 1 but I guess not. So now I have something else to watch.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the focus this season was on recruiting a wide variety of international animation studios so it's natural that there would be greater diversity. They also said they applied little to no editorial oversight for the different Visions so it's probably just coincidence that so many are female led.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think the only real oversight Lucasfilm provides is making sure no one drops a hentai episode, since everything is non-canon.

I kinda hope this becomes a yearly thing they drop on May the 4th, even if it means smaller seasons. animation just works so well for star wars, and since they don't have to worry about canon or what anyone else is doing, the studios can just go buckwild

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I saw an interview that for a few of these studios this project represented 'keeping the lights on' revenue for them. Providing them with both a certain measure of budget and stability as well as allowing them a way to more fully showcase what they could do versus just 'gig work' where they had to work in specific styles as subs for bigger studios.

"In the Stars" was a gut-check. The story is your typical Ferngully-type where industrialists come and poison the land. We've seen the metaphor before and it was to be expected coming from a Chilean studio. The ending though ... if you take it on face value its uplifting but

We see them in the water after the explosion and blacking out but then the scene shifts to them on the land again and seeing the world come back alive as the flowers bloom and the skies clear etc as they look on their mother's star. But the very last shot shows two new stars appear to either side of the mom's implying that they did not survive and have now joined her. Even if you don't feel that metaphor the reality is that they are still the last two of their people and their victory will ultimately prove futile as their whole society ends with them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users