StarCraft 2

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The 2nd batch of Nova Op missions just came out. I love that these are actually hard compared to the main campaigns. Hopefully they keep pushing out content for SC2 vs letting it die.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hard compared to the regular campaign LOTV on brutal or hard compared to the last mission of LOTV on Brutal, which I thought was just completely stupid.

Oh what the fuck, it's more microtransaction shit...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should the upcoming announcement about Starcraft Broodwar remastered get its own thread?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Judging by how much interest is there in SC, we might as well keep it here.

I liked the Nova missions, Blizzard makes some terrific SP maps and the story isn't so laughably bad, you can even take it seriously from time to time.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yes SC1 Brood War mode with SC2 engine and graphics!!

Exact same "outdated clunky" use of abilities aka micro intensive gameplay pls.

I wanna unleash a Yamato barrage the OLD FASHIONED WAY. Felt so good.

Oh and using lock down vs toss / maelstrom vs zerg. Hehh hehh hehhh.

Corsairs + DTs combo was also super awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hard compared to the regular campaign LOTV on brutal or hard compared to the last mission of LOTV on Brutal, which I thought was just completely stupid.

My experience has been that they're harder than the regular campaign but not as hard as Salvation on brutal. Nova is strong but nowhere near as overpowered as Kerrigan, but you still have to use her for all the heavy lifting because of how limited your troop choices are and how much focus there is on speeding through the missions. Even on the last mission when you're getting a decent selection of units to choose from, I found it easier to just ignore the expansion, bunker up as tight as possible, and complete the entire map with a rolling nuke barrage from Nova.

Really hoping the final 3 missions aren't so focused around rushing. I'm fine with a bit of mission variety beyond 'build up army, take out objectives, win mission' but it's kind of annoying when so many of the missions are 'get X done under Y time constraints' because inevitably the mastery achievement always boils down to an even tighter time constraint. Like the mastery for enemy intelligence, complete the first half of the mission without going above 35 supply. The enemy scaling already encourages you to complete the mission quickly, completing it while staying under 35 supply means you have to absolutely haul ass before the enemy scaling overwhelms your skeleton defense.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played through once, then didn't bother with achievements because I'm not doing Blizzard's enrage timer bullshit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I like how flexible their missions are as it is, bending over abckwards until I figure out the proper way to do it for an achievement is not fun for me (or watching a youtube video and just copying the strat)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes SC1 Brood War mode with SC2 engine and graphics!!

Exact same "outdated clunky" use of abilities aka micro intensive gameplay pls.

I wanna unleash a Yamato barrage the OLD FASHIONED WAY. Felt so good.

Oh and using lock down vs toss / maelstrom vs zerg. Hehh hehh hehhh.

Corsairs + DTs combo was also super awesome.
Funny, I prefer my units smart. Making units super micro intensive that you need very high APM to use them against 1A units is not very appealing to me

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Made a new map, spent a good chunk of time on it. Here's the current iteration, would love thoughts! (Hope that posting this image doesn't screw up this thread lol) It's a "underwater coral reef" type map. (Similar to how Abyssal City was) Some things when they die actually float upwards. Tempted to tweak the lighting/fog a bit because some people didn't like it.

[M] (2) Abyssal Reef

nhVruMz.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
omg how did I not hear about that? drool

looks like an improved edition will be out within a week so I guess I'll wait.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I played and it was really well done, but they sure bumped up the difficulty. There's something relaxing about building up an army and just steamrolling the map, here you actually had to micro and be careful to not get wiped.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't had much time to play them but yeah the new missions are somewhat difficult. The first mission was especially hard to get the achievement on Brutal.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well thats unexpected. I haven't played SC2 in months. I loaded it up today and practiced Innovation's all-purpose 2/1/1 stim medivac push a few times vs the AI to get the feeling down. I then loaded up a ladder game TvZ (its best MU) against a Diamond Zerg. I assumed I'd get riggity riggity wrecked son but I was the one doing the riggity riggity wrecking. Got placed Diamond2.